An improvement of about 1 second using a new trick

Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk 1.11.7
  • Beats the game as fast as possible

Comments

I found this trick while working on emulation issues. Now that 1.11.7 is released I can finally submit it!
Basically jumping into a wall gives you just enough of a push to the right to jump into the lever while still going forward. Like the clip, it only works in one direction though.
This also cleans up the glitched character movement on the left side of the screen caused by bad emulation in the original run.

Samsara: Airlock and drop it. Judging.
Samsara: Accepting as an improvement to the published run.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5210: Alyosha's A2600 Airlock in 01:50.76
Anyone working on an encode? I could, but my system's not really set up for it (haven't found a decent video editor that doesn't cost anything, feel free to pm me suggestions), and I don't think it's worth it to track down the game just so I can watch for <2 minutes.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
evknucklehead wrote:
Anyone working on an encode? I could, but my system's not really set up for it (haven't found a decent video editor that doesn't cost anything, feel free to pm me suggestions), and I don't think it's worth it to track down the game just so I can watch for <2 minutes.
http://tasvideos.org/EncodingGuide/CustomEncoding.html
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Here's a quick low-quality encode Link to video
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3217] A2600 Airlock by Alyosha in 01:50.76
Skilled player (1705)
Basically jumping into a wall gives you just enough of a push to the right to jump into the lever while still going forward. Like the clip, it only works in one direction though.
I can see that in the run, but how does that even work? You move right, but somehow that makes going left faster?
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3520)
jlun2 wrote:
I can see that in the run, but how does that even work? You move right, but somehow that makes going left faster?
When you jump into a wall, the first thing the game does is move you straight down, not immeditaely eject you. At this point you are slightly further right then would otherwise be possible, just enough so that if you jump to the left you can hit the lever.