Very fast completion of Halo2600, the 2600th in the Halo series which will be released in 866 years.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: BizHawk 1.11.7
  • Use glitches to save time
  • Easy difficulty

Comments

Easy difficulty is used to be able to screen wrap, in hard mode walls which are needed for screen wrapping kill. Delayed starting the game by one frame to make the gun appear nearer to the player. Screen wrapping is achieved by pressing against a wall when moving between screens. I tested multiple routes to the boss and this one was obviously the fastest.

Other comments

Maybe a hard mode is interessting too...

Samsara: See you in 8 seconds.
Samsara: Yeah, this is Vaultable.
Second reminder that Easy difficulty is acceptable because it's the only way the screen wrapping glitch works. Walls kill you outright on Hard.
Spikestuff: Quick publication? Sure.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5211: TASeditor's A2600 Halo 2600 in 00:07.83
The gameplay did seem fairly polished, which should qualify it for the vault, but it fell far too short on the entertainment scale for me to vote anything but "No". A Hard mode version which prevents the screen wrapping might be worth a yes vote, but I'd have to see such a run first.
Skilled player (1404)
Seconded. As it stands, the result is just kinda, "Huh?"
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Experienced player (630)
WTF if only other halo games could be beaten this fast lel Seriously though, meh vote. I was expecting much more of the game but I guess being as fast as possible does that sometimes.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3221] A2600 Halo 2600 by TASeditor in 00:07.83
Experienced player (630)
Hey, I think the "major skip glitch" is missing. Also, I don't know if this is valid since this is an Atari game, but shouldn't this also be tagged as an unofficial game? After all, it's a homebrew game made much later after the system got released.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony