(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
E-SWAT Cyber Police (サイバーポリス イースワット) is a 1989 scrolling shooter arcade game developed and published by Sega. In 1990, Sega released a Mega Drive/Genesis version known in North America as ESWAT: City Under Siege.
Game: Players control Duke Oda (デューク・オダ), a member of the Cyber Police force in the city of Liberty who tries to clear the streets of crime, terminate the most wanted criminals and put them behind bars. There are 15 stages to complete, which takes the player through Liberty streets, car yards, stadiums, restaurants, the CBD, and boat docks. There are bosses on some stages. During each stage, the player picks up ammunition with varying amounts. For example, on some levels, ammo may be worth 10 bullets, while in others, there may be 60 bullets.
Bosses attack in several ways. Note that the bosses are not just people. The player also battles an ape, a tiger, a monster truck in "Eagles Stadium", and cyborgs. Once these first three bosses are defeated, the player's rank rises to captain, followed by assistant chief, and finally to chief.
Once the chief rank has been achieved, the player is given a cyber suit, which is described by the game as a "long-range supersonic powered suit" which contains two Turbo-Booster Thrusters, and provides extra ammunition and protection. This suit is used for the rest of the game. At this point, the player will have to arrest criminal masterminds.
  • Emulator FBA-RR v0.0.7
  • Aims for fastest time of two players
  • Genre:Shooter
  • Manipulate luck
  • Takes damage to save time
  • 2 players
  • No death
  • Glitch abuse
  • Hardest difficulty
About
stage 1
Early on I took a shot at one of the purpose of bosses only to cut your voice, instead he spoke "Hey lets party" it just says "Hey". In Boss it was easy to manipulate it, because to touch him the police does not suffer damage and win some immunity frames, then just shoot nol right time.
stage 2
At that stage I went out shooting with the second player to be able to end the ammo and use the kick to kill the boss, because he dies with just one kick.
stage 3
In the boss 2 players were essential to quickly beat the boss.
Stage 4
At that stage they already are with armor and machine gun and already you can use the "special atack." In Boss I used 2 special, the first special to the not notice the damage to the boss because it has a delay.
Stage 5
That was easy, just ignore most of the enemies and kill the guy last that with the flamethrower (it does not appear on the screen).
Stage 6
In this part is only deviate from tnt's wait for the building to fall and hit the red shirt guy.
Stage 7
Here and used the special 2 times to make the bullets of enemies coming in vanished back. the Tigris just use the special of 2 characters.
Stage 8
At that stage I discovered a glitch unintentionally, that's to jump the boss, had to suffer damage to do it, to get to the final part of the stage is just take the guy ta with the flamethrower to the door the police car it comes and ends the phase of to an error in the boss music.
Stage 9
That's just shoot the car and enemies that comes upon it until you reach the end of the track and use the special at the end.
Stage 10
That I left ignoring all what took, and killing only the enemies of the knives, in the end is only destroy the three sentinels on the screen before they appear more to finish the stage.
Stage 11
This is just ignore everything and use the special atack at the end.
Stage 12
That I had to destroy some sentries that hindered the way and in the end just use 2 special atacks in androids.
Stage 13
That I had to shoot the enemies to prevent them let go missiles, and the boss as he had no way to use the special atack, just used the machine guns.
Stage 14
That I had to destroy two sentries at the beginning of the stage, and then just ignore it and use the special atack at the end.
Stage 15
This is just going away of sentinels to the last boss, then just use special shock them to hit the top and fire to the bottom.
*Note:To be able to watch this movie without desyncs in the emulator, just go on the video option, select blitter and choose SoftFX option.
*Suggested screenshot: frame 2443,11419,13188

Tompa: Judging.
Tompa: Cacelled by request from the author.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5245: CReTiNo's Arcade Cyber Police: ESWAT in 06:50.00
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Thanks for the encode. I was familiar with the Genesis version we have at TASVideos before watching this. It's rare to say this, but I think the Arcade version is a lot worse. The gameplay is a lot more repetitive and you don't see many nice features of the cyber suits. It looks like you waste ammo a lot with shots that don't hit anything; some of that is strategic, but it looks sloppy. (Also, I don't think this is a "Shooter" game. I would say it's a "Platformer". Most shooters have autoscrolling stages and more room to maneuver.) The run seems alright, but the game is only worth a Meh vote from me.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Expert player (2001)
I'll be blunt, this game is really boring. All you do is slowly go right and shoot things, but unlike Contra or Super C it doesn't feel like it's difficult. Giving this a no.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
What filter did you use on that encode?
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Player (53)
mklip2001 wrote:
It looks like you waste ammo a lot with shots that don't hit anything;
This is because the machine gun shoots 3 shots per input.
hopper wrote:
What filter did you use on that encode?
AdvanceMAME Scale3x
Jules
Any
Skilled player (1144)
mklip2001 wrote:
I was familiar with the Genesis version we have at TASVideos before watching this. It's rare to say this, but I think the Arcade version is a lot worse.
I think the Genesis version is supposed to be a different game. The Master System did get a direct port of this Arcade version though. I agree that the Genesis game is a lot nicer. I'm not sure if it's just poor emulation, but the sound here is really muddy and the vocal samples are just terrible. The TAS itself appears mostly well done, however.
Former player
Voting meh on this one. The TAS itself was decent and short enough to not get boring, but I just don't find this game very appealing, there's something really generic about it. If there's a better port, that one should be used, unless this version is actually unique.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
So I was comparing this a little to the currently fastest (?) real time run: https://www.twitch.tv/iastsa/v/90177268 While the runs are mostly the same, except that the TAS is 2 player, the real time run has a faster strategy for stage 6 boss, which looks like it saves seconds. I have yet not watched more of the run, though I wanted to note that at least for now =).
Player (53)
Tompa wrote:
the real time run has a faster strategy for stage 6 boss, which looks like it saves seconds.
alright I'll do this trick
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
Just want to check if I should cancel this submission or wait for an updated version?
Player (53)
Tompa wrote:
Just want to check if I should cancel this submission or wait for an updated version?
cancel
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!