Submission Text Full Submission Page
-Gens 9c (Perfect Synchro enabled) -no passwords/teleports -unknown if programming errors were abused (sorry, im always confused about what those'd look like) -takes damage/no deaths -aims for a fast time and an entertaining movie
-aladdin: same as the snes version; a humble street rat on his way to becoming a prince but must tangle with a sorcerer along the way. unlike the SNES version, this one gives u a sword which is hella-nifty.
-movie making was FANTABULOUS!!! NO DESYNCS!!! YEAH!!! >rocks out regardless of whether movie is accepted or not< seriously, it was a fun time making it. i stumbled onto this game after not play for about 10 years and saw someone thought a Gens version should be done (the games are VERY different), so i figured, okie-doke.
Description:
um...well, its an adaptation of the Disney movie. the SNES page was no help either. sorry guys, aside from describing game, i don't know what to say about it.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #566: slash_star_dash's Genesis Disney's Aladdin in 14:41.82
Emulator Coder
Actually quite a nice run. Nice usage of the apples, and I have actually played this game on theconsole.. which was weird, as I could have sworn the final boss was completely different. I cannot see any optimizations to this run immediately, its a very linear game, and some areas require waiting, but it was still entertaining to watch.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Hm, you didn't play the hardest difficulty. Why not?
Former player
truncated... uh... seriously... i didnt know there was one... until after i beat the game... hahaha. ;) i was going by a FAQ to help with some boss strats and it didnt mention anything until the end when it said NOW TRY AT A HARDER DIFFICULTY. i thought it was sarcasm so then i went and checked options and... wha-lah! so... sorry about that one. ill try and reattempt it if someone wants me to.
Former player
I would rather see this on the hardest difficulty.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
I'm not sure if it's true, but there seem to be some unnecesairy things. Like in some levels you seem to kill enemies that are unnecessairy an cost some time. In one of the first levels (the city type) you drop down somewhere and bounce back up. It looks like you could have just jumped over. In the prisonlike level I think you could have grabbed a chain once without waiting for the next block. Just a few things I noticed when watching it.
Yes vote from me. I played this game through a few times, back in the day, and could spot no mistakes at all. It also looked generally fast & impressive. The visiting of extra spots in city level 2 was for gathering necessary flutes. The Gen's press-buttons-randomly-at-movie-end bug got you killed before the end of the game was reached. It's a problem with gens and my button configuration, not the game or your playing of it, but I find it amusing. Wobbling, in contrast, is not something I find the least bit amusing. Wobbling not only makes an otherwise good movie look like it was played by a five-year-old with attention deficiency, it's also downright ugly. That people insist on doing it in every single movie amazes me to no end.