(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Well I for one never though that Galaga could be a game people could speedrun, but apparently it is and is a very fun one at that. I loved TASing this game and learning what things can be achieved when you do frame perfect inputs. The current world record for this category is 1:06.310 by theruseman. The time I got in TAS was 43.75
I used FCEUX 2.2.2 for this and I didn't change any settings.
I didn't use any BIOS (I don't think, sorry new to this.)
This movie doesn't need any setup.
No warps or passwords were used.
I didn't abuse any programming errors, I just fired a shots rapidly without turbo.
I didn't use death, I only controlled one character, and I didn't take any damage.
My aims for Galaga are to get the default High Score which is 30K points. An audio cue for when you beat the High Score is when the Extra Life jingle plays.
In Galaga you have to shoot the enemies on the top of the screen. When they're all dead you move onto the next stage, and so on.... Every few levels there is a Challenge Stage that if done perfectly (killed all 40 of the enemies) it will give you a 10k point bonus.
Making the movie was really entertaining. It shows how much potential is still left in this game. Making the movie (in my opinion) was really fun and easy. Sure it took a while to program inputs, but I had a good time doing it. Everyone in the small community of runners is very happy with the result, so I think others would be satisfied with the result as well.
This time is an improvement of lozplyr89's TAS of the game, which can be found here:

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Hello LazerLemonGaming, and welcome to TASVideos. Your movie is a very good attempt for a first TAS - however, other users have posted improvements in the discussion topic, showing that there is still some room for improvement.
However, I am mostly rejecting this movie for another reason: TASVideos wants movies that clear the whole game, and for games without an ending, the Vault rules define the completion point as "one where there is no new content, and the game is no longer increasing in difficulty". As posted in the discussion topic as well, this game has 8 challenging stages. As this movie only clears one, it is considered incomplete here. A movie that clears all eight challenging stages (and is sufficiently optimal) would be publishable.
Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Re-quoting myself and editing a bit to update to this TAS.
Spikestuff wrote:
Hello, 2016 Spikestuff Hijacking this post. This TAS, and the other port (and other port) are all incomplete. Galaga, has a total of 8 Challenging Stages. Here, we only have 1. Why is it 8 you may ask, well both the Strategy Wiki and Namco, who actually ported the game onto Tekken on PS1, have shown that the maximum number of stages, is 8. The only one still unknown to me is the Atari 7800 port, but there is a chance this one is needing to be obsolete in the future too. Besides Galaga, we actually need to find out when Galaxian loops, as we don't have an answer available for that one.
Bonus. Also because you're a speedrunner I actually made a post about it on speedrun in Galaga. Here we expect a game loop. Not something arbitrary.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
This was unexpectedly interesting. It might have helped that it was only a minute long. Not sure if it would still be as neat after 8x as many levels. Maybe it's better to go that way but thanks for submitting.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Okay, now let's go on about the actual input. You're not optimal. Just the first stage Link to video You're using FCEUX I'm using BizHawk. FCEUX is 2 frames behind. Giving you a disadvantage. In the video, the 2 frames that cause this have been removed for an apples to apples comparison. It's a great first attempt (even though I'm entirely against this TAS due to the branch), but much more can be improved. Also a Light Spike so it can be at end of input: User movie #34395770204643749
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!