Submission Text Full Submission Page
Remember the kill screen that happens in Level 29? But in the PAL version, it happens in Level 19. Making the PAL version harder.
The pieces also move left and right faster in the PAL version by holding the D-pad left and right. But in TASing, we tap left and right.
I do Level 19 Height 5 which is next to impossible in the NTSC version, but impossible on the PAL version.
But I did it. I made the impossible happen. I completed Level 19 Height 5 on the PAL version. You should congratulate me of completing such feat.

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: Replaced the movie file with the one that doesn't have a blank frame at the end.
Masterjun: This movie does not complete Mode B of the game while also clearing all the blocks on the field, meaning it can't obsolete the current Mode B run. So if anything it would make a new branch, however it doesn't provide anything new, in fact, completing the mode while clearing all the blocks is more impressive. This movie also runs on the PAL version of the game which is highly discouraged. Despite all this, this run is also not really optimized to Tetris movie standards (for example it doesn't use the faster slow-down glitch instead of pausing to manipulate blocks).
Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5293: MarbleousDave's NES Tetris "Mode B, PAL" in 00:38.55
Post subject: Re: #5293: mcwave's NES Tetris "Mode B, PAL" in 00:38.58
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Masterjun: Judging.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
>PAL Yeah, I'm not congratulating you. Encode: Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
fcxiaopengyou
He/Him
Experienced player (546)
Nice work, although used pause looks a bit no continuity. Maybe you can delete the last frame, the time will be 00:38.55. Here it is And Y vote.
Working on: [NES] Downtown Special - Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! (J) ''2 players 100%'' Plan: [SNES] Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba (Japan) _________________ My English is pour. 
Experienced player (994)
Interesting. The pauses definitely interfered with my enjoyment of the run, but I guess that's the price for speed. My main question is about where you see this movie fitting in. Are you trying to obsolete Baxter's current run of this game (http://tasvideos.org/1633S.html) even though it has the extra goal of clearing all blocks, or are you looking to create a separate branch for fastest completion?
Skilled player (1706)
Ok, since the submission notes never mentioned what does a kill screen in Tetris even do, a search gave these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTuGa60wt6A Also, this video for the NSTC version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76DAwK3cL9w claims the following:
Meet Tetris's kill screen, Level 29! ... except in this game, I'm God. Take that, kill screen! Go shove your 1G without any good rotation system up your own arse! This is a hacked game played using savestates and rerecords and all that shit. Granted the leveling there in the original version too. I've done fairly close to this unassisted, and have lasted in Lv29+ for some time...
I'm not sure if rotation is disabled, or the pieces fall too fast to rotate in real time, but that's what I found so far.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
WarHippy wrote:
Interesting. The pauses definitely interfered with my enjoyment of the run, but I guess that's the price for speed. My main question is about where you see this movie fitting in. Are you trying to obsolete Baxter's current run of this game (http://tasvideos.org/1633S.html) even though it has the extra goal of clearing all blocks, or are you looking to create a separate branch for fastest completion?
I probably was going for the fastest time to create another branch. By the way, speaking of branches, we could also do a TAS that goes through 256 levels. Even the SNES we can do B-Type Level 9 Height 5 and reach and complete Level 32.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Considering that the NES version has no limit as to how far you can go. No.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (994)
This movie only beats Baxter's by 0.3 seconds. It looks like a sub-optimal strategy is being used in this run; mainly that all the single and double line clears are eating into your time to drop more blocks. I'm also a little hazy on the reason for PAL vs. US version. Since the only difference is the left and right scroll speed (which is negated by simply tapping left and right), why not use the US version just to save the confusion? On a related note, do the blocks at least descend faster in the PAL version while holding down?
Skilled player (1402)
WarHippy wrote:
This movie only beats Baxter's by 0.3 seconds. It looks like a sub-optimal strategy is being used in this run; mainly that all the single and double line clears are eating into your time to drop more blocks.
I was about to say the same. My version is probably slightly longer because I have to clear lines a lot lower due to clearing the entire board. It should be possible to complete the goal of this movie with less line-clear animations.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
I'll use the slowdown glitch, and it's down+left+right.