recorded on Snes9x v1.43 WIP 1
-no warps or passwords used
-no programming errors or glitches used
-Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers is a Head to Head Fighting game, the best of the Street Fighter series on SNES and also one of the best beat em up games ever made.
-This is a unbelievable 8 Star Super Battle walkthrough beating all opponents in average 16 seconds and got a awesome score of 1.795.500! This time I concentrated more on the combos than on the time or power of the hits and it's definitely the better choice. I mastered up to sensational 8 hard hit combos with a incomparable 6800 combo-score. Beated every opponent on a absolutely different way so you will be addicated to watch this run over and over again.
I worked exactly 1 week very hard for this movie with more than 5000 rerecords!!! and spended up to 2 hours for one opponent to beat him as much impressive as possible.
Some combos looks like there would be impossible but I STILL mastered them with a very strong will. You will not believe your eyes what you will see in this movie, my promise!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Former player
Better, but still tedious and lacking. upgrading to 'meh' status
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Whooha.. Some pretty moves here, there and everywhere :) I found this one really intresting. I rater see a submission of this game like this when you showing of with combos then a real timeattack. Awesome work :D
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Player (70)
Hmm... I think this can be somewhat better. But I was really amused by it so I will give it a yes vote anyways.
Former player
Best of the fighting vids so far, methinks.
I liked it and voted yes. One thing I noticed though: You don't stop the movie until after you've entered your name in for the high score, but you don't click "end" to submit it. So after the movie stops playing, you can go back and erase your initials ;) Generally, the guideline is to end the movie as soon as no more user input is required to alter the course of the game (e.g. when the last hit is landed against M.Bison). Very impressed with the 6/7/8-hit combos though...didn't even know those were possible :)
Player (209)
about the initials: i didn't stop it because if I would the name would dissapear. I let the edit button off so that the name is longer time readable. If you don't press any keys after the movie stoped the name will be edited by itself. Ok i know that you should stop this movie after the last hit, but I really wanted to sign my name there because I do it to all movies where this is possible since Im a moviemaker for the best games on snes. Check my homepage to see what I mean.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
Really pretty. I think other characters might have better comboing methods than Ken, however. Still a yes vote from me.
Voted Meh. why? Becuase of bad comboing. You just aim for fast time. There are some Double dizzy combos as well... And you did'nt use.
Radz.
Former player
I say YES because I appreciated the variety you intentionally used to keep things from getting (too) monotonous. I loved the barrel manipulation in the bonus stage and how you finished the last three with one flaming shôryûken. Now, here's how to get it done even faster: Avoid unecessary knockdowns. There were quite a few situations where you knocked your opponent down with a light shôryûken, leaving them with little or no energy left. Then you had to let them get up again before winning the round. That's only about 2 seconds, but it can add up over the course of 24 rounds. Of course, I can't think of a specific example now that I'm typing, but I remember it happening a lot. Oh, and before I forget, very nice 8-hit against Sagat.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Player (209)
I just can't understand what problems some guys have: I worked 1 week on this run, spended alot of time to find the most impressing combos in every stage, do so many dizzy combos that I got myself dizzy and than someone tell me I do bad combos. Compare your world warrior movie with this one, in variation of different combos a blind man would see the difference. And I did not aim for the fastest time by far, if you watch the movie without speed up you will see that I used more Low-punches and kicks than I needed only to make a more impressed look of the combos and more variation. If you think you could make a 1000 times better ssf2 movie just go ahead and post it here. Anyway thank you shakespeare for this nice messege.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
Player (209)
To feitclub: I kept in mind of the knockdowns during the recording I used them as less as possible but in some cases they were unavoidable: For example against T.Hawk in first round I did the knockdown before finnishing him because he would get dizzy after the next 2 hits no matter what hits, I tested all of them so I decided that I do as much damage as possible in this 2 hits, thats why I used the small but best Dragon Punch. Therefore I could finnish him with a impressive air-hurricane kick instead of do more hits after the knockdown. There were 2 or 3 cases like this one why I knocked down the opponents.
Saturn wrote:
I just can't understand what problems some guys have: I worked 1 week on this run, spended alot of time to find the most impressing combos in every stage, do so many dizzy combos that I got myself dizzy and than someone tell me I do bad combos.
You are taking it very serious. Spending a lot of time did'nt mean that your movie is best. i just pointed out weak points of your timeattack. if you don't agree. it's your mistake
Compare your world warrior movie with this one, in variation of different combos a blind man would see the difference
How can you compare it with that one? everyone knows, in WW. Maximum combos hits are 5 & i did all variety of combos. so how can it be compared with a game, got 8 hits combos?
If you think you could make a 1000 times better ssf2 movie just go ahead and post it here.
Maybe i can. But not sure. Sorry if you disappointed with my reply.
Radz.
Player (209)
ok, then please tell me exactly what combos are bad and what are the better and more variating combos I didn't used in your opinion???
I must vote Mleh.. and it was almost a Yes.. I honestly was getting bored in the beginning.. but from Balrog on.. I was THOROUGHLY entertained.. I mean hell, with Balrog you throunced his ass but good! And the 8-Hit combos were impressive. I can't blame you for the rest being boring to me, but I can sure as hell blme the game. SSF2:Turbo is wayyyyy better for a combo filled time attack due to the insanely sickening combos you can pull off! [12 Hit Fei Long combos... or Chun-Li..!] but it has Supers. You did you best with what little you have to work with and I applaud you wholeheartedly for that... I honestly don't think a game like this is going to be good for a time attack... and as a play-around... there will always be people who're going to say it sucks... it rocks.. it could be better.. it's perfect... something of this nature... it won't please everyone, no matter how hard you try.. and that honestly sucks ass, if you ask me. BTW: Were there not time trial thingees when you play VS mode..? Why do I remember a match-up between Ken or Ryu vs Dhalsim and some time thingee pops up of 6'53 victory or something... Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Former player
Saturn wrote:
I just can't understand what problems some guys have: I worked 1 week on this run, spended alot of time to find the most impressing combos in every stage, do so many dizzy combos that I got myself dizzy and than someone tell me I do bad combos. Compare your world warrior movie with this one, in variation of different combos a blind man would see the difference. And I did not aim for the fastest time by far, if you watch the movie without speed up you will see that I used more Low-punches and kicks than I needed only to make a more impressed look of the combos and more variation. If you think you could make a 1000 times better ssf2 movie just go ahead and post it here. Anyway thank you shakespeare for this nice messege.
Settle down. The comments and voting so far are more positive than negative, and besides; don't take critiques or apathy personally. And definitely don't taunt other players.
Shingen
He/Him
Good run. I loved the barrel bonus stage, but the other bonus stages were honestly in the "meh" territory.
Post subject: Good enough.
Rocksolid gameplay, tried to do different (= more entertaining) combos. Great barrel bonus stage. Did an eight-hit-combo against Sagat. Ken is not the most character to watch; although not the least one either. YES vote.
Erklärung der Relativität: "Wenn du deine Nase in meinen Po steckst, haben wir beide eine Nase im Po. Nur ich bin relativ besser dran."
Former player
YES. definite yes. i take into account that as a fighting game, im not gonna see much aside from you beating the crap out of the CPU... and that each character has limited ways to fight... now barring in mind that im going to sit and watch this, i know its already got some MEH in it regardless. but DAMN was that entertaining. very nice work Saturn. i cant wait to see what else can be done in the "fighting" genre.
Former player
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
BTW: Were there not time trial thingees when you play VS mode..? Why do I remember a match-up between Ken or Ryu vs Dhalsim and some time thingee pops up of 6'53 victory or something... Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
The CPU Ken beat me in under 6 seconds once. I was DeeJay (eww). So yeah, that 6'53 isn't the fastest possible :)
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Yeah, if you select time challenge the text "Capcom staff record Ken vs. Dhalsim 06"874:CHN" pops up.
Player (209)
Thank you "/*-" nice to hear. to alex: cpu ken beated you in 6 seconds simply because the cpu has 8 stars in time challenge, but you have less than 8 cant say how much exactly but its provable that the same hits of the cpu take more damage than your hits if you fight on timechallenge. I guess its like a 8 star super battle in this case the cpu has 8 stars and you have 4 stars everytime. So you cant compare the cpu time. My fastest time so far is 6.775 seconds and this on zsnes without slowdowns at all (impossible on zsnes anyway)! sadly I don't made a movie of this. to shakespeare: I guess you don't want suggest me the (in your opinion) better combos and tell me what are my bad combos as I asked you yesterday. [Taunting expurgated by feitclub: I warned you about that]
Very Bad Saturn. Actually I have'nt time. even not for my own timeattack :( I will try to do combo for you tommorow. Or if you have winkawaks 1.49 with SSF2 - The new Challengers. I can give you records. AndI did'nt say your combos are bad, I said your usage of combos are not well. Even you did'nt use any Full life combo. And why 8 hits combo only 1 time? you can connect 4-8 Hits combos after a diazzy. This will obviously make it 100% damage. It might remove boringness of timeattack. Do you agree? http://kofdangerous.simgames.net/tmp/demo-ssf2.rar
Radz.
Former player
Shakespeare wrote:
AndI did'nt say your combos are bad, I said your usage of combos are not well.
No, you actually said "bad."
Shakespeare wrote:
Voted Meh. why? Becuase of bad comboing.
This discussion is getting needlessly heated. There's nothing wrong with competing movies, but the language must be chilled. I think a lot of the anger here is over misunderstanding each other. Not everyone here speaks English as their first language so their comments may come across as overly curt.
Alright. Now i m not taking a part in this submission any more. I decided to do a timeattack with M.Bison. (Interested watch) But I am cancelling it as well. And sharing my combos to all who wants to make timeattacks. Edit: Capturing combos. Done. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26587#26587
Radz.