Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a Tas (Tool-asissted speedrun

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Bizhawk 1.11.9.1
  • The objective is to finish the time trial (T.T) course as quick as possible by using a method called silent drifting
silent drifting is where you drift without the tyres screeching. This game is ridge racer for the playststion 1
Firstly, to do this you need to go to gear 3 and bump the yellow car out of the way and change to gear 4, wait a while and change to gear 5
Secondly, when you get to the first turn silent drift and change to gear 6 while in the middle of the silent drift, keep drifting until you are about to get out of the tunnel
Next, just before you get out of the tunnel go to gear 5, start to silent drift and while you are still drifting go to gear 4 and very quickly go back up to gear 6 you should get to around 170-180 mph (273-281 km/h) and basically whenever you get to a corner shift down a gear ang go back up to gear 6 while making sure you are not making any sound while drifting :) if you want to see it on my youtube channel click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltsD80m4pKk&t=37s

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Hello, and welcome to TASVideos. As many users have noted in the discussion topic, this run is suboptimal and can be improved. Additionally, to be considered proper game completion, the movie should clear all tracks. As such, rejecting. Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5326: I like bleach 64's PSX Ridge Racer "any%" in 03:57.59
Arcree2
He/Him
Player (145)
This doesn't seems optimized... This is sad because the game seems a good choose for a TAS ! This is a no but keep doing, I'm sure you can reduce the time by a lot
Projects: Genesis Crack Down 1 Player - Work In Progress
Post subject: Thankyou for your review, anything I can improve on?
Thanks for rating I have only just started speedrunning ridge racer so I dont think I know everything yet. Do you think there is anything I can improve on next time? Thanks for watching :) Also even thought you didnt enjoy it thankyou for being nice about it I was a bit worried about getting hate
Post subject: never stop learning
Judge, Skilled player (1279)
Hi. I'm sad but I have to give a no vote. I can see clearly that the run can be improved a lot. In order to make it better, you need to try more strategies, and make experience. Also, your TAS does not complete the game.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Jules
Any
Skilled player (1144)
I'm not very familiar with the game, but, honestly, this run doesn't really look much like a TAS at all. Your speed is constantly fluctuating if the speedometer is any indication, and it doesn't appear your turns are particularly tight. 93 rerecords is also not a very reassuring sign, since it's difficult for even the most experienced TASers to make runs of a high quality with so little of those. If you're new to this game, I'd recommend posting runs on the forum before submitting next time.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Right. You did a job that was entertaining. However, your rerecord count suggests you didn't put much effort into it. The opening menu input proves towards this statement. Even though your TAS does focus for Ingame time you need to at least clean your input. I did try and go ahead to fix this input. However I desynced when watching you play the course with the corrected input. I desynced about here: You don't turn into the wall. The correction input does. I'll provide the input, if you go ahead to correct this. User movie #35753692790804221 Please, if you do this again. Disable the memory cards and player 2 as well as setting player 1 to "Gamepad" as this game doesn't use the analog sticks (except in the Turbo Mode). Do not select whatever music track to accompany you in it, it slows you down this is what some of the sloppiness you provided. And I want to encourage you to do all the tracks in one movie file. Not separating them. Edit: This took a bit to upload. So I do apologize. Blame my Internet. Here's an alternate encode from behind the car: Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Thanks to everyone who didnt realy enjoy the video but was nice when telling me they didnt I am trying to do a stratergy you can see here where you turn around at the start and you get ALOT of extra speed also this guy was the one who taught me how to SD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWaiZC6q7N4
Samsara
She/They
Senior Judge, Site Admin, Expert player (2121)
I would recommend cancelling and redoing the submission using the advice you've received. You wouldn't want a rejected movie on your record so early on. The best advice I can give is to just try as many things as you possibly can, don't just take the first result you get. Use frame advance, keep trying to do things faster, save and load state frequently, and only present a new submission when you are absolutely sure there is no more time to be saved. It may take doing and redoing the movie several times until you reach that result, but that's just what TASing is.
TASvideos Admin and acting Senior Judge 💙 | Cohost
warmCabin wrote:
You shouldn't need a degree in computer science to get into this hobby.
Post subject: I know what would make this better
If there is a way or if anyone knows a way to do a TAS with the namco negcon controller because if you use that you can turn MUCH better and I wont have to sometimes brake at corners and I can do more things like that so if anyone knows how to do that it would be a big help
Active player (372)
Welcome to TASVideos! Though I voted no because it's not optimal (the fact that the last lap is slower than the second is a good indication of that), I think this run has a lot of potential, so keep at it. TASsing is all about practice, and learning how to save frames on every turn, every straightaway. Try again, and I look forward to your next submission.
Post subject: Thankyou c-square
Thaks for telling me to keep this up I am trying to make a better one right now but I am having trouble on whats called a flying drift, I found out about this here http://www.rr-ken.net/RR/r-project/controlle.html you can translate it by pasting this at the start https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl= en&sl=ja&u= also there are youtubers named MikiHigashi and RRLSH that inspired me in fact mikihigashi told me how to do it you can find it in the comment section :) thanks for watching! Also at the same time as the ridge racer one I am currently working of a tas of crash bandicoot
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!