Submission Text Full Submission Page
recorded on Snes9x v1.43 WIP 1
-no warps or passwords used
-no programming errors or glitches used
-aimed for the fastest time no matter how it will look
-Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers is a Head to Head Fighting game, the best of the Street Fighter series on SNES and also one of the best beat em up games ever made.
-This is a Time Challenge movie that shows how to beat your opponent in awesome 05.902 seconds!!! and breaking the Capcom Staff record by almost 1 second with a character you would never expect he has potential to do that. Enjoy!
-It's the fastest single-fight timeattack ever done in this mode so brave guys are welcome to challenge me and try breaking this time.

Bisqwit: Because of the weak votes this submission has received, rejecting it.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Impressive. Even I don't have words, how good this combo is. Let me think if anything is better than this :P
Radz.
Shingen
He/Him
I don't want to spoil the surprise. Anything I say here will spoil who you are using, except saying that I am voting yes.
Voting no. Didn't find it jawdropping + I don't think a movie like this one should be published (maybe just used as a competition between people for the fastest record). One SSF2 movie is enough :)
Former player
I agree with HSZZZ, this movie isnt really interesting to me. Sure, you beat the CPU really fast, but that doesn't mean that this is as entertaining as you make it out to be. This doesn't deserve to be published. At least your Ken submission was slightly entertaining. Maybe fighting games just don't have the diversity to make a good timeattack. Either you throw in inefficient combos to spice up the movie, or you stick with one boring combo through the whole movie.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Does the difficulty level play a role in this?
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
I think Marvel vs Capcom 2 could be an interesting time attack (or more likely, an asteticly pleasing movie). There are combos big enough to take down any enemy from full health to 0 in one shot; I know Magneto has a 100+hit combo he can exeute.
Player (70)
I wasn't surprised by the character you choosed actually. But the speed is somewhat incredible. I'll vote YES on this.
Former player
Itstoearly wrote:
I think Marvel vs Capcom 2 could be an interesting time attack (or more likely, an asteticly pleasing movie). There are combos big enough to take down any enemy from full health to 0 in one shot; I know Magneto has a 100+hit combo he can exeute.
Eh, this one has the same problem as other fighters: It's already been broken open by the fighting game community. This is even more true for this game than almost any other, as it's been one of the most popular tournament fighters in the US since its release. Honestly, people, if you really want to see neat fighting game stuff, just register at combovideos.com and look into other similar sites. -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Player (209)
to feitclub: no the difficulty level don't play a role in tie challenge. The opponent has always 8 stars no matter how many stars you set in options. to Josh: I would very like to know the fastest time of the tournament players you mentioned in seconds and .000 digits if you know the time.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
Player (209)
well I see the guys vote "no" and dont even write down why? As I said before, it looks not that entertaining but this is a single fight timeattack and propably the fastest time ever done in Time Challenge. For me it was a very important goal in the game to beat once the capcom staff record, I did it 4 years ago first time and now with tools even better. Just try it yourself and you will see how hard it is to to come at least near to this unbelievable time. It just looks very easy but I spended 3 hours of frame by frame work. And that the movie is very quick (31 seconds) its not a reason for me that this movie is automatical bad. Those who know ssf2 very good would understand how important it is to make such a time. In the Guidebook of ssf2 on real snes is standing: "those who can beat the capcom record can call themself as one of the best ssf2 players ever". Shortly It's a timeattack, and if it is the fastest currently why It should be bad? Its nothing else like any other time attack for any game.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
It's not a timeattack. You just did a single combo. Which only looks good in first watch. we did here full timeattacks. your combo (not timeattack) is fast, but not suitable to publish.
Radz.
I explained why I voted no. This site is for ENTERTAINMENT purposes, so if it doesnt look quite entertaining like you said in your first sentence, why would someone vote yes? Besides, a movie of a single match isn't worth publishing IMO. A whole game run like you already submitted should be enough, and I voted yes on that.
Player (209)
everybody has his own opinion, but the name "Time Challenge" says it. Its just a single fight but you can compete on this way too and seeing if after a few years the record can be improved or not. I guess for one or another this would be a good motivation to make a better time. I don't meant you HSZZZ, the last 2 or 3 voters voted no without writing something. OK if it is only for entertaining and not for pure timeattacks, it seems you can not do any kind of fighting game timeattacks at all then.
Player (209)
Shakespeare wrote:
your combo (not timeattack) is fast, but not suitable to publish.
Correction: My combo is not only fast, but the fastest ever made in this mode so far.
Saturn wrote:
Shakespeare wrote:
Correction: My combo is not only fast, but the fastest ever made in this mode so far.
Yes i accept, but as i said not suitable for pulish.
Radz.
Saturn wrote:
Shakespeare wrote:
i would like to see it .. can't you encode it to avi and upload it somewhere else and paste the url for it here? :) .. since they don't think its suitable for this site :/
Player (209)
just download the smv file and play it back on snes9x wip1. Maybe I will post a avi file on my site soon, but not right now since I need the space for other things
Shingen
He/Him
My opinion is that if something like the "Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" *ahem* run... can be publish-worthy, this can be too.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
I chose "No", I felt that it should belong to SDA site instead.. didn't Capcom staff do this record with no "re-recording" feature? And also this isn't complete game run.
Former player
Uhh, why exactly do think it should go on SDA...?
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
I'm just saying that Capcom staff's record might be beatable with no re-recording (im not saying that sent .smv to SDA), therefore it didn't amaze me much. (see varies "combos" site, such as this. ssf2 vid there impresses me.)
Former player
Oh I understand now, and I also agree with you. Josh has already pointed this out in a way. He is right when he says the fighting game community have already busted these games wide open. There are already websites for such videos, ComboVideos is one of them. I also remember blip mentioning about his brother having a video on the site done with Final Burn Alpha.
Player (209)
ventuz wrote:
I'm just saying that Capcom staff's record might be beatable with no re-recording (im not saying that sent .smv to SDA), therefore it didn't amaze me much.
I told before that I beated the capcom staff record 4 years ago without rerecords and slowdowns with a time of 6.775 seconds very closely. But here its not just beating this record (I agree with tools its easy) but to make a fastest time that is possible to make even with tools. During the recording I improved my record many times (from 6.157 to 6.125...) to reach a peak (5.902 sec) that I couldn't improve anymore. I tried everything that could help and this is the limit so far.
ventuz wrote:
(see varies "combos" site, such as this. ssf2 vid there impresses me.)
I watched this vid and it is recorded on another version of ssf2 (it's ssf2 turbo I guess) which has more combos and variations added than on this snes' ssf2. For example in snes ssf2 you can't hit your opponent twice in the air during jumping with a normal hit except hurricane kick but on this newer version you can do it, so there are much more combos possible. On this way you can reach 10 or more hit combos easyly. Because of this you can't compare the combos of this version with the snes version of ssf2. Show me a site on the Net that has a video of SNES' SSF2 making a faster time in "Time Challenge" like this one, no matter what tools used... I guess you will search for nothing.
Player (36)
Just because something is faster doesn't mean it's publish worthy. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1475
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.