The Goonies 2 "100%" by McBobX in 19:46.36

Objectives.

• Aims for fastest time possible.
  • Take damage to save time
  • Abuse warp glitches
  • 100% Completion
  • Luck manipulation.

Comments

This is an improvement over my current run by roughly 11584 frames or 3:12.74.

After completing my new Any% run, I decided to fully clear the game with all new glitches and skips found lately.

What's new in this run?

• Speed Boost
  • Glasses glitch
  • A toally new route
  • Wrong Warping
See the Any% submission for more info about them.

The route can be better than the used here, but thanks to magic locators, this would be the best way to complete the game in 100%, as each goonie has it's locator, and this last disappear if the goonie that it is related to is rescued, and so the game forces to collect magic locators first then save the goonies.

The use of glasses doesn't mean that I can skip them because they are part of the full completion. Speaking of full completion, this run clears the game with more than 100% since there is a new hidden Konamiman in the Volcano, but this KM warps directly to the original one, as a result, now there is 2 Konamimen in Volcano, 6 Konamimen overall.

Suggested Screenshot

Closing

I would like to special thank:
  • ソーイ (sooi): for his 100% route, and expanding the speed boost glitch. I recommend checking his channel for more The Goonies 2 TASes
  • Dragondarch: for the new glasses skip trick.

Truncated: Judging.

Truncated: Looking good! Accepting as an improvement to the published 100% run.
feos: Pub.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5341: McBobX's NES The Goonies II "100%" in 19:46.36
Kung_Knut
He/Him
My personal preference would be to forego warp glitches in 100% runs such as this. Still, its an entertaining run. Good job McBobX.
Experienced player (543)
Kung Knut wrote:
My personal preference would be to forego warp glitches in 100% runs such as this. Still, its an entertaining run. Good job McBobX.
I guess there will be no "warp glitch" category, probably because the difference between the Any% and the warp glitch runs is small, regardless of the glasses glitch since it is doable in both branches, same thing for 100%, and so, warp glitches only save a small time that doesn't even surpass 5 minutes to separate the categories, but they will be considered as improvement to the intended branch. This is what I think and the judge has his final decision about the categories.
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3310] NES The Goonies II "100%" by McBobX in 19:46.36
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2284)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.