Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
Please nominate eligible TASers. Vote for the TASers who, in your opinion, made the greatest TAS content throughout the year. Voting until 2016-01-14 23:59 UTC. Nominations TASer of 2016: Alyosha arandomgameTASer Arc Hetfield90 Lord Tom Mothrayas RobynS Samsara The winner: Hetfield90
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Hetfield90 - For making some of the most entertaining TASs this past year. Mothrayas - Did a really good job with several TASs on various handheld platforms which are generally ignored by most TASers (yet not necessarily exotic), and also collaborated on one of the best TASs this year for the NES. Lord Tom - Despite relatively little content compared to the others, I think the programming work he added to a game makes his TASing skills this year outshine everyone else.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Editor, Expert player (2001)
Going with Samsara and Arc this year.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Nominating: arandomgameTASer Hetfield90 Mothrayas Samsara
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
Lord Tom has put out some of the best TAS work of the year. SMB3 ACE is one of the top runs of the year and blew minds as it was presented live on AGDQ 2016. Then there's also a few very solid Zelda runs, and more Mario 3 action. Definitely nominating him. Hetfield90 also put out an impressive list of Mega Man movies. Gets my nomination too.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
Lord Tom and principally, Hetfield90! The reason is same reason of Mothrayas: Very impressive job!
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Former player
I nominate RobynS, she was very productive across the 2D platforms, squeezing out frames wherever she could. Even if a game is guaranteed to go to the vault, RobynS will optimize it to death.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
Skilled player (1149)
Alyosha