Submission Text Full Submission Page
Edit: The timing in this is not 4:25 this is actually 5:18 my emulator timed it with ntsc for some reason even though I made it in pal mode, sorry

Nach: Hi "I like bleach 64", welcome to TASVideos.
In order to submit a run to TASVideos, they must follow the rules. Running a PAL game in NTSC mode is not allowed. Therefore I am cancelling this run.
However, we do look forward to see legitimate submissions from you. Please read our articles, and discuss with others on our forum how to make the best TASs you can, and we will gladly accept them!

Noxxa: Rejecting, as the submitter decided to pull a funny one and uncancel the run after the verdict was given.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5359: I_like_bleach_64's NES Super Mario Bros. "PAL" in 04:25.43
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Movie Rules wrote:
No questionable emulator settings The emulator should be set to emulate the system as closely as possible while still allowing the game to be played. You should not depend on a particular emulator hack to gain speed. The region settings must be correct If you are running an NTSC game ((U) or (J)), you must set your emulator to record in NTSC mode. Likewise, if you are running a PAL game ((E)), you must record your movie in PAL mode. Any other setting will get your movie promptly rejected. Note that such settings are enabled automatically in most emulators, but it's better to check before you start recording.
Your movie is set to NTSC mode despite using a PAL version of the game. This is grounds for an instant rejection.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom
I did use a setting on fceux that makes it pal because if that wasnt turned on this would have been much faster this is on youtube with the pal emulation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivE0rTfOzxY&feature=youtu.be
Editor, Expert player (2015)
You're running the game at an incorrect framerate. Also, 453 is extremely low for this type of game. Giving this a No.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
I like bleach 64 wrote:
I did use a setting on fceux that makes it pal because if that wasnt turned on this would have been much faster this is on youtube with the pal emulation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivE0rTfOzxY&feature=youtu.be
If you look at your run on YouTube, it's actually well over 5 minutes long before you grab the final Ax. You're using a setting which makes the game appear faster than it is (4:25.43), and hence it is a rule violation.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
I accidently timed it wrong the when you open a movie on fceux it shows you how long the run is but it seems to be wrong this run is actually about 5:18 Im sorry for those who think I lied it must have measured it in ntsc. Im so sorry for any inconvinionce maby Ill stick to rta for now, if you want you can check out one here I need to learn world 8 though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfyRJnJ1xMI really this was just a small project I made because I found out how to console verify so I just made this for that but I saw the timing that tuned out to be wrong and I put it on here
Editor, Skilled player (1410)
Welcome to TASVideos, I like bleach 64. Be sure to read the submissions rules. Using PAL doesn't count as an improvement. If a judge cancels your run, you should not uncancel it.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoUfT49xN9TU-gDMHv57sw Projects: SMW 96 exit. SDW any%, with Amaraticando. SMA2 SMW small only Kaizo Mario World 3
Post subject: I didnt know uncancelling was for improving.
I un cancelled because I put in the description that the timing was wrong because they cancelled it because the timing was wrong so I put in the description the actual timing sorry for getting it wrong Im not used to this site yet
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
It's okay sir! Normally, don't play with the status when editing text. Enjoy the site!
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Post subject: Thanks everyone
Thanks for being nice about my mistake maby I wiil stay away from multi region runs in the future and stick to japan/usa versions