This hack of Megaman 4 is different from the original Megaman 4. Weapons have new attacking mode, more hiden tools hide in different enemies or places, and we can also read a more interesting story. The enemies in this hack are originated from all of Megaman games. In this movie, I would show more tips and performance.
I use the version 0.01 because its the faster version of the game.

Game Objectives

• Manipulate luck
  • Takes damage to save time

Comments

Skullman Stage

When a buster damages Skullman, he will get a 128 frames of invincibility. Make critical damages to save time (critical is every 256 frames).

Ringman Stage

Use Rush Search in Whopper room to recharge Hell Wheel.

Drillman Stage

Use Rush Search in Mid-boss room to recharge Hell Wheel.

Dustman Stage

Use Rush Search to recharge energy. Use Rush Cannon to instant kill the boss.

Diveman Stage

Defeat the whale with Recycle Inhaler. Skip Enker fight. Use Rush Cannon to instant kill the boss.

Toadman Stage

The stream can make Megaman move faster. Use Recycle Inhaler to defeat the toads and reduce lag. Skip Shadowman fight. Use Rush Cannon to instant kill the boss.

Pharaohman Stage

Pharaohman can use magic to influence megaman,but the effects can be cleaned by Toad. Use Rush Search in Mid-boss room to recharge Hell Wheel. Use Rush Cannon to instant kill Shadowman and Pharaohman.

Brightman Stage

Use Rush Cannon to instant kill Shadowman and Brightman. Use Rush Search in Mid-boss room to recharge Hell Wheel.

Cossack Level #1: Blizzard Sky

Skip the auto-scroller room to save time. Use Rush Cannon to instant kill Mothraya.

Cossack Level #2: Labyrinth Maze

Use 4 Rush Cannon to kill the boss.

Cossack Level #3: Purification Plant

The stream can make Megaman move faster like Toadman Stage. Use Rush Cannon and Wish Star to kill the boss.

Cossack Level #4: Four Towers

Make a double critical damage to the enemies in east tower. Use Rush Cannon to instant kill Earth and Ballade. Use the Buster to kill Punk. Reset the game to save time.

Wily Level #1: Fatal Miscalculation

Defeat the boss with the machine to save time.

Wily Level #2: Rushed Out Products

Stay off-screen to disappear the Metools. Use Rush Cannon to instant kill the boss.

Wily Level #3: Wily's Labyrinth

New Route: Drill>Bright>Skull>Dust>Kalinka>Ring>Pharaoh>Toad>Dive. Use Rush Search to get a energy while waiting boss. Use Recycle Inhaler, Ring, Bright, and Rush Cannon to kill the Wily Machine.

Wily Level #4: Final Farce

Skip 3 Boss Battles to save time.
This movie is about 3200 frames faster than the published TAS.

feos: Removed ROM link, embedded youtuber.

Nach Judging.

FractalFusion: Replaced earlier Youtube video with one that is 720p60 (60fps).

Nach Very nice improvement, good audience response. Accepting to stars.
feos: Pub.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5390: Baddap1's NES Rockman 4 Minus Infinity in 34:52.44
Patashu
He/Him
Published TAS, for reference, is also on v0.01: [2583] NES Rockman 4 Minus Infinity by tianwodeai in 35:40.26
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
fcxiaopengyou
He/Him
Experienced player (546)
That's cool~ I really like this TAS, and saw someplace use touch enemies to skip scenes, good job mega man! YES vote.
Working on: [NES] Downtown Special - Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! (J) ''2 players 100%'' Plan: [SNES] Kenyuu Densetsu Yaiba (Japan) _________________ My English is pour. 
Expert player (2452)
Very impressive run, even better than I expected, and great improvements to the existing TAS. Yes vote. :D
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Editor, Skilled player (1403)
This hack is basically Mega Man on Steroids. Excellent improvement to the old run. Yes vote.
Experienced player (543)
Absolutely Yes vote for a great run. Great work. I just watched the run.
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
Skilled player (1149)
I think you can still save more than 1 second in Cossack Level #4. Manipulate luck and make Cossack fall in the best place, like the old run did. It's seemed you have 8 frames to manipulate luck before the triple damage. Manipulate luck in Cossack's first and second type. Because you use the reset, so don't worried about the desynth, you can edit the movie easily. edit: YES vote of course, for a great run.
Baddap1
He/Him
Experienced player (730)
mtvf1 wrote:
I think you can still save more than 1 second in Cossack Level #4. Manipulate luck and make Cossack fall in the best place, like the old run did. It's seemed you have 8 frames to manipulate luck before the triple damage. Manipulate luck in Cossack's first and second type. Because you use the reset, so don't worried about the desynth, you can edit the movie easily. edit: YES vote of course, for a great run.
I try everything I could but I did not find a frame where I would give a good pattern.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Nice run, Baddap1! Though I would have preferred to see a run with different goals, maybe, hard mode V1.00 with a perfect hero score. That will have to wait. Unfortunately the encode given is only in 30fps and low quality. It is very important to have encodes of Mega Man games in 60fps because of the reliance on blinking effects all over the games. I am uploading a 720p60 version to Youtube right now (will probably take until tomorrow before it is ready).
Skilled player (1402)
Very entertaining run!
Baddap1
He/Him
Experienced player (730)
FractalFusion wrote:
I am uploading a 720p60 version to Youtube right now (will probably take until tomorrow before it is ready).
I would really appreciate that, Thank you!
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
Here is the Youtube 720p60 upload: Link to video (Settings icon → Quality → 720p60 HD.)
Player (36)
In Dust Man's stage, with the room where all of the blocks fly in slowly, I was under the possibly mistaken impression that it was both possible and faster to make the blocks fly into and block off the extreme right side of the screen.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Baddap1
He/Him
Experienced player (730)
OmnipotentEntity wrote:
In Dust Man's stage, with the room where all of the blocks fly in slowly, I was under the possibly mistaken impression that it was both possible and faster to make the blocks fly into and block off the extreme right side of the screen.
The blocks appear every 31 or 32 frames (i don't remember), if I try to stop them anywhere on the screen it would be the same.
Patashu
He/Him
Watched and loved it, yes vote!
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
Excellent new improvements! I liked a lot! :) Yes vote! But, one note: In Cossack Stage 3 Boss Battle, isn't possible for a little wait to manipulate a critical hit when you used Pharaohman's weapon?
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Baddap1
He/Him
Experienced player (730)
Challenger wrote:
But, one note: In Cossack Stage 3 Boss Battle, isn't possible for a little wait to manipulate a critical hit when you used Pharaohman's weapon?
It's possible, but I had to wait another 256 frames because I didn't arrive on time so would be slower.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Does anyone have a screenshot suggestion?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Player (36)
feos wrote:
Does anyone have a screenshot suggestion?
The frame labeled 25:20:20 on Fractal Fusion's encode.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3343] NES Rockman 4 Minus Infinity by Baddap1 in 34:52.44
Former player
A bit late, and Yes Note. Thanks for giving us a better performance.