(Link to video)
50 frame improvement to fsvgm777's run of this game through optimizations of jumps in several places. Most of the improvement comes in the form of a quicker stage 58 and ending the input earlier on the final "level," but several other stages had 1 frame improvements. I left fsvgm777 as an author of this movie since she put a lot more work into this run than I did (and I used heroriginal movie file for edits as well); I'm not sure if I need to add her anywhere else on the submission to give credit, but let me know!

Game objectives

• Uses warps
  • Uses a game restart sequence
  • Genre: Platform

Stage by stage comments

Floors 41, 55, and 59

Made a 1 frame improvement in each of these stages

Floor 58

Optimized positioning for the two main jumps (one for the orb, the second to get to the door) by hanging as far away from target as possible and then moving toward the target as soon as possible to obtain maximum velocity. This was roughly a 20 frame save

Floor 60

Assumed a minimalist approach in doing only what is necessary to trigger the cutscene. I saved a little under 30 frames here by ending the input early

feos: Delayed, waiting for possible improvements.
feos: Replaced movie with the file provided by fsvgm777, that has the proper header and sync settings, and input log identical to TaoTao's improvement.
feos: I have no reason not to accept this improvement over [2900] NES The Quest of Ki "warps" by fsvgm777 in 02:28.69. And I have no reason to downgrade this to Vault, even though it has only one vote. The previous run has rating a bit above the general Vault borderline, and it's quite solid at that, and this run is similar, so accepting to Moons.
Spikestuff: Publishing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
I left fsvgm777 as an author of this movie since he put a lot more work into this run than I did (and I used his original movie file for edits as well)
Looks like you forgot a name up there in the name placement then? #5401: ruadath's NES The Quest of Ki in 02:27.86 Edit: There we go.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (251)
Sorry about that wasn't sure where to list in the submission text. It's fixed now.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
I personally think my name should be second, since I had no actual involvement on the improvement. Good job on it, by the way. By the way, I'm male IRL. As I said in the game's topic, I'm glad this game sees a pique in interest. EXTREMELY LATE EDIT: The part about me being male IRL aged like milk, as I found myself to be a trans woman a few years ago.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Experienced player (868)
I did not review this movie thoroughly, but I found a improvement by 21 frames. In stage 51, you can decrease stun time ($02C7) by pressing A.
Active player (251)
Nice find! I wonder if that trick has use elsewhere? In the meantime, I assume you are fine with me replacing the file and adding you as an additional author (and apparently, I have no idea how name order conventions work, so if someone could provide a suggestion, I'll go with that)
Experienced player (868)
ruadath wrote:
Nice find! I wonder if that trick has use elsewhere? In the meantime, I assume you are fine with me replacing the file and adding you as an additional author (and apparently, I have no idea how name order conventions work, so if someone could provide a suggestion, I'll go with that)
Sorry for late reply. For co-author issue, the stun-time manipulation trick is already so well-known (for example, it is explained in Japanese Wikipedia) that I think I do not contributed so much. (I think the most of value comes from your movement optimization). But please feel free to add me as a co-author if you want :) And anyway, basically I do not restrict the usage of the movies I uploaded, so please take advantage of it freely, if it helps.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Can I request the submission file to this please: User movie #38090649354218119 Corrects the unwanted/unneeded Hash error. Thanks Fog.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3363] NES The Quest of Ki "warps" by fsvgm777, ruadath, TaoTao in 02:27.51