This is a 3 minute 7.04 second (11090 frame) improvement over my previous movie

Improvements

• Skipping score tally screens
    • I made an embarassing noob error in my published movie, the score tally screens at the end of levels can be skipped...by simply holding start. About 40 seconds were saved by fixing this.
  • Hard Obstacle glitch
    • It turns out that bombable objects can also be skipped by moving left and right. This one is harder to pull off because it requires jumping and a very precise input pattern to pull off. This is the biggest source of improvements. The most notable use of this is the prehistoric level where most of the level is skipped by going through the stone wall at the beginning
  • Dinosuar boss skip
    • You can skip the boss fight entirely by bringing the bone up to the top and restarting the game just before he attempts to eat you. The dinosuar will eat you during the exit level animation and puts the game into a broken state. It puts you back at the level select but gives you the key anyway. Unfortunately it does not unlock the later levels, but never fear! We can still access them by glitching through the cover of the furnace in the basement (the cover is supposed to keep you from getting in until all levels have been completed)
  • Route improvements
    • Many improvements in many levels, that I'm too lazy to list in detail here :)
  • The plant boss
    • By simply changing the order I bomb the limbs (2, 1, 3), I am able to reduce most of the wait times. Almost 10 seconds were saved.
  • Jumping at th end of skate levels
    • This only saves about a half a second overall, but you can jump at the end of the level to avoid slowdown from the game taking over control

Info

• BizHawk 1.12.1
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Heavy Glitch Abuse
  • Any% category

Special Thanks

• wesen was invaluable for this TAS and I credit him for most the major improvements of this run. Giga-thanks!

Fog: Judging.
Fog: Really nice improvements made here.
Accepting as an improvement to the previous publication.

adelikat Replacing the movie file with a 972 frame faster version. New version improves upon the Dinosaur level skip glitch.
Spikestuff: Publishing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5488: adelikat's PSX Pink Panther: Pinkadelic Pursuit in 19:22.76
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
The advantage of having to provide the encode is being able to watch it. :^) Yes Vote. I'll take this for publication since I already have it dumped out. (inb4 improvement)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
Crash Bandicoot + Madagascar = Pink Panther (or I'm the one who finds the graphics similar?) Yes vote, btw
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
I replaced the movie file with a 972 frame improved verison. Turns out that in the dinosuar glitch, you can use Exit instead of quit and it will actually complete the level. The new route saved 942 frames. In the process of resyncing the run I also saved about 30 frames on the final boss due to getting a better RNG pattern (when does that ever happen!). Unfortunately it means no need for the furnace glitch which was my favorite part of the run. Oh well. This trick was of course found by wesen. Much thanks, yet again :)
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3398] PSX Pink Panther: Pinkadelic Pursuit by adelikat in 19:35.45