Submission Text Full Submission Page
Track & Field TAS in 08:28:02 played by NT2K17
Track & Field, known in Japan as Hyper Olympic (ハイパーオリンピック Haipā Orinpikku?), is a 1983 Olympic-themed sports arcade game developed and published by Konami. The Japanese release sported an official license for the 1984 Summer Olympics.

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: Replaced movie file with one that doesn't game over. Also removed the 757 blank frames at the end.
Masterjun: The currently published movie aims for both maximum score and for the demonstration of errors in the game. This run is less interesting and does not get maximum score, so it can't obsolete that one. Meaning the only goal left is the speed record. As Spikestuff pointed out in the first discussion thread post, this run is over a minute slower than the TAS by Van Helsing (with a time of 7:03.49).
This submission fails to beat existing records.
Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5498: NT2K17's NES Track & Field in 08:12.74
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
I'm not going to bother with the encode. I will bother to explain a few things however. 4598 frames of blank input at the end, which follows mashing of A, so is it truly last frame? Phil's TAS is a 2 player TAS and the focus of his had speed/entertainment tradeoffs which faults the 2nd player through the entire TAS. I might bother to create a table to compare your time and distance in comparison to Phil's but my vote won't be in until after I do that. Also Van Helsing has a much better TAS time (he went for speed). Oh wait. Even better...
Event | Phil .| VanH .| NT2K17
100m  | 6.92s.| 6.92s.| 7.27s
LongJ | 14.66m| 5.50m.|13.24m
110mH | 8.97s.| 8.97s.| 9.67s
Javel |137.65m| 65.15m|125.01m
Skeet | 28200 | 5100 .| 8100
Triple| 25.93m| 13.0m |20.14m
Archer| 5800 .| 2510 .| 2640
HighJu| 2.32m.| 2.26m | 2.26m
The TAS doesn't complete the game and instead gets a Game Over at the end of Archery. In terms of entertainment I'm going to vote as if I was going to vote Van Helsing's TAS. No Vote.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
NT2K17
He/Him
"I might bother to create a table to compare your time and distance in comparison to Phil's but my vote won't be in until after I do that. Also Van Helsing has a much better TAS time (he went for speed)" Thanks for your Feedback, i'm new in this an i'm totally understanding it. My time is very very very very bad. The blank Frames are my fault. Sorry about that. When i tried it out, it completed the archery thing. Thank you for pointing out the error.
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
Hello and welcome to TASVideos NT2K17. As Spikestuff has already mentioned, your run does not complete the game and ends with a Game Over instead. Did you, by any chance, submit the wrong file? The Submit Movie page clearly states:
In particular, please ensure that your movie is complete (not a work in progress), and that it beats all known records if going for speed.
So, make sure to compare your run to the other ones Spikestuff already linked before submitting a movie. Use userfiles if you simply want to share a movie file:
If you are simply looking for a place to store your movie files for distribution to other members, please consider user files.
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
NT2K17
He/Him
I fixed the error with Game Over. Here is the new one: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/38893938460019909
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
I replaced the movie in the submission. However, NT2K17, be careful with blank input. There were 757 blank frames at the end which made the movie longer for no reason. I cut them out when I replaced the movie, but please make sure you don't have any blank frames next time.
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
Stovent
He/Him
Publisher
encoded with the new file from the submission Link to video
[17:37:00]<TheCoreyBurton> It's N64 - it's ALWAYS bad news.
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
Phil's TAS is much more entertaining than this. Voting no!
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Active player (308)
The weak should fear the strong. Voting yes.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!