(Link to video)
This is a improvement of 27890 frames, or 7 minutes and 44.06 seconds over the previous run.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: lsnes-rr2-beta23
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Slight glitch abuse

Comments

The game

This is a very simple puzzle game, with clear rules. You control May, whose objective is, in each level, to bring the flame into a gray hole, and then to go down the stairs. May is able to move the flame by physically pushing it or by creating bubbles. These bubbles can be either small (if you press B once), medium (if you press B twice) or large (B 3 times), and will shrink until they explode. The explosion will push any adjacent objects (the flame or other bubbles) away from them in 1 tile. Whenever May is facing a bubble and you press B, the bubble will increase in size. If it is already large, it will explode. If a bubble happens to be on a lava tile, it will grow over time instead of shrink, and it will explode eventually as well. There are many different tiles with different proprieties, and there are some different enemies too. May cannot face a side without walk into it, if it is possible to walk into it.

The run

I've started this run in 2015, on Bizhawk, but I didn't do much at the time and dropped it for a long time. A few months ago I got back into it and started from scratch on lsnes. Even though this is a very simple game, it has an incredible potential for a lot of interesting strategies. I honestly believe this is significantly more entertaining than the current published movie, as there is very little waiting time this time, and some more 'exciting' strategies with a lot of bubbles at the same time and more 'movement' overall. I hope this is enough to push this game to moons :)
I actually spent (many) hours trying to write a Stage by Stage comparison, but I gave up! Due to the nature of this game and the improvements, it doesn't make much sense to write a stage by stage comparison. For instance, there are many levels in which I used a completely different strategy from start to finish, and while it would be silly to just say that in the comments of such level, there isn't much else to be said (besides of describing exactly what the strategy was, in which case the text would be huge and it's easier to just watch the run instead). The improvements were all strategical, there were no game braking glitches, so the best way to see them is just to watch the movie, if you are interested. At least in my honest opinion, it didn't ended up to be as boring as this game makes it sound.

Improvements

(Late edit) I found just now I messed it up in Stage 74. 8 frames can be saved there with a better use of the spikes.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: Very solid improvement. Accepting as an improvement to the published movie.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5502: BrunoVisnadi's SNES Little Magic in 43:05.08
Judge, Skilled player (1278)
Woah! I didn't get bored at all watching this, despite not being my genre! Great job, Yes vote!
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
ThunderAxe31 wrote:
Woah! I didn't get bored at all watching this, despite not being my genre! Great job, Yes vote!
I second this. Despite of nature of this game, I liked it. :) Screenshot Suggestion (Taken from BizHawk 1.11.7, since converting lsmv movies has a problem with me, starting with 1.11.9 version. So, this frame is 68578 if doesn't include the extra frame to sync on Bizhawk) Good luck with your next TAS. ;)
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Editor, Player (163)
For sure: yes! This game looks really hard for casual playthrough, so this TAS got a pleasant and entertaining result.
Games are basically math with a visual representation of this math, that's why I make the scripts, to re-see games as math. My things: YouTube, GitHub, Pastebin, Twitter
Patashu
He/Him
Excellent TASes of a puzzle game employ strategies, not just faster, but more complex and more precise than human hands can easily do. Yes vote.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Experienced player (947)
Wow...amazing improvements and very entertaining. It's a big YES.
GAW sms... Totally destroyed
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3399] SNES Little Magic by BrunoVisnadi in 43:05.08