Yet another "perfect" movie beaten. This time by 12 frames.

Information

• Aims for the fastest time
  • Uses easiest difficulty
  • Genre: Platform

Comments

Stage 1

So I was watching the published run and noticed that it takes a lot of time (frames 2406-2420) to move those fire rings to desired positions. I really wanted to test a few things even though I knew the movie was already heavily optimized.
It seems that if you alternate left and right button presses to go back and forth just like in the published movie, sometimes the fire rings will be pushed back, sometimes they won't be pushed back. Sometimes they will be pushed back a little bit, sometimes they will be pushed back a little bit more. So instead of doing that I push them only when it is not completely pointless to do so. Saved 9 frames.

Stage 2

0 frames saved.

Stage 3

Saved 3 frames. Read this

Stage 4

0 frames saved.

Stage 5

0 frames saved.

Fog: Judging.
Fog: Replaced submission file with a one frame improvement.
Fog: This is indeed an improvement. I would like to note that a Mode B run can obsolete this in the future, so long as it beats the existing record for Mode B.
Accepting as an improvement to the previous publication.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5509: TheRealThingy, Randil's NES Circus Charlie in 03:23.51
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Encode: Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (149)
Skilled player (1150)
I know klmz has made a mode B run, and improved the old mode B run 88 frmes. He thought mode B is hard than mode A. Even this is a mode A run, Maybe the stage 5 still can be saved a lot of frames.
Player (149)
Well I can't improve that stage 5. Sorry.
Ford
He/Him
I remember seeing this game in like arcades or whatever, but never bothering to actually play it.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I can't say the game is really interesting, but I love how people still find these little incredibly precise optimizations. A similar thing happened with Excitebike not too long ago. I don't know if Mode B is supposed to be faster, but if previous runs have all used Mode A, I'm fine with staying with Mode A for the judging here. Meh vote for entertainment, but I'm in favor of obsoleting the current run.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Voting yes because this one was thought to be unimprovable.
No.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3404] NES Circus Charlie by TheRealThingy & Randil in 03:23.51
Editor, Player (120)
This is a very cute game, but it also doesn't look like it's too fun. The game has a moderate-slow pace, and is extremely repetitive (but not in a particularly irritating way). I do like how you used the easiest difficulty to save time; that is something I highly admire due to my philosophy for speed over entertainment. I would probably have liked it if there was a little bit of extra jumping while walking just to mess around, but of course I don't know the game, so I don't know if that's possible anyway. Overall, I moderately enjoyed the run, so I had to vote meh, but it was well executed.
* http://tasvideos.org/ReadySteadyYeti.html - my user page on the TASVideos site * https://www.youtube.com/ReadySteadyYeti - my YouTube channel * My Discord username is "RSY#3799".