(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
After a seven year hiatus from TASing I decided to get back into TASing. Now that my favourite console has a stable enough emulator core to make TASing possible. I choose this game because its a short and simple game. That I knew could be finished within a day or two, and so I could familiarize myself with Bizhawk. Although the fast movement and floaty jumping mechanics did make parts of the game problematic. The part I most feared doing was the penultimate boss battle. However, I was able to make the boss cooperate during the second phase. Allowing me to beat it using just one throw.
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Plays on hardest difficulty
  • Abuses Programming errors
  • Manipulates luck

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: This movie was made with an USA ROM running on a JPN BIOS. It doesn't sync on a proper combination. While this is sort of understandable given some issues with some online Japanese BIOSes being labeled as being USA BIOSes, as well as the fact that current BizHawk versions happily take a JPN BIOS for running USA games, it doesn't change the fact that this is an improper combination of game and BIOS versions which is against the movie rules. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5613: Mitjitsu's Saturn Clockwork Knight in 17:11.22
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
Can I request to one of the admins to provide an option which allows the submitter to state what system bios is being used.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
For the record, this TAS uses the wrong BIOS. It uses the Japanese BIOS instead of the correct American one: http://tasvideos.org/MovieRules.html#MatchTheBiosRegionToTheGameSRegion
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Originally I thought I was using the American one because I had "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.00 (US)" in my firmware folder. However, Bizhawk interpreted it as the Japanese one. I didn't think it was a big deal so I just continued TASing the game, but I'll take note of that in future.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Mitjitsu wrote:
Can I request to one of the admins to provide an option which allows the submitter to state what system bios is being used.
Just write it in the submission text.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Experienced player (948)
Remember this era... Time fly & i watch this like if it's yesterday! Thank for TASing this, I'm glad to view the knight beat the game fast. Funny and entertaining. Great job. Yes vote. Clockwork knight 2 wait you, hurry up! And i'll glad to watch this in the future :)
GAW sms... Totally destroyed
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Clockwork Knight 2 is a bit more complex, and would require research in terms of strategies and route planning. However, there's other game I'd rather do than this games sequel.
Experienced player (948)
Mitjitsu wrote:
However, there's other game I'd rather do than this games sequel.
What's this game? I wanted make "bug!" but i find it's a bad choice for TASing, but it's a very curious game on saturn!
Mitjitsu
He/Him
I haven't got my choice set in stone, but I was looking into Elevator Action Returns, but first I'll need to get my Saturn USB controller, as it will make it easier to control two players.
Experienced player (948)
Mitjitsu wrote:
I haven't got my choice set in stone, but I was looking into Elevator Action Returns, but first I'll need to get my Saturn USB controller, as it will make it easier to control two players.
Very good choice, I hope watch this coming soon. Good luck, and good TAS!
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom