(Link to video)
Kiteretsu Daihyakka is an platform game of Famicom based on manga/anime of Fujiko Fujio, released only in Japan.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.3
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Heavy glitch abuse
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Genre: Platform

Comments

I hardly understood English so I wrote this English sentence using a translation site. I will add the original sentence after the English sentence. This game is famous for its oddity of appearance and the difficulty of operation accuracy of ally, but it is a very interesting thing as a game. I love this game, but since I did not have movies of this game on TASVideos, I made it myself.

About the Game

Players will control Kiteretsu. He is a boy who is good at inventing. Kiteretsu has made a device that can get into a dream. However, the device went uncontrollable and Kiteretsu and his friends were confined in the dream world. Kiteretsu goes to help a friend in a dream world.
This is a typical platform game, but as a special operation you can walk the ceiling by inverting the gravity of the operating character. The goal of this game is to defeat the Final boss Lense robo and regain the lens which is the core of the damaged device with the captured friend.
There are mirrored rooms at the end of the five stages, where you get stage clear when you ride the middle block. A boss is placed on each stage, and the boss can defeat it by hitting a yellow ball five times. As an exception, the boss is not placed on the first stage. Some friends join the adventure on the way, but their friends sometimes play unexpected movements, so you need to be careful about control.
Key input judgment is pseudo 30fps and it is done at one frame interval. With the exception, the select/start button are judged in every frame.In laboratory, key input judgment is performed every frame.
Although some inventions will appear in this game, unfortunately, only 3 are made with this movie. The invention is basically disposable only in one area.

Invention

Nyoikou(にょいこう)
Nyoikou is Flashlight that can change the size of things. Press the B button to fire the ray. In Stage 1-1, it is used to return the size of Miyo-chan which has become enormous.
O2 cream(さんそクリーム)
O2 cream is a thing used by applying to the body, it will become possible to breathe underwater.
Psychokinesis cap(ねんりきぼう)
Psychokinesis cap is a thing to wear to the head, and if you wear it on your head you will be able to move things using psychokinesis.Objects in front of Kiteretsu and Miyo-chan move. Pushing the B button invokes psychokinetic.

Ending

Best ending
If you defeat the final boss with no health borrowed from Kiteretsu hell(キテレツじごく) it will be the best ending.
  • You can invent Kitaletsu hell in the area descending down using the lift near the TV where the down arrow appears in Stage 1-1. The effect of Kiteretsu hell is as follows.
    • When the health goes to 0, I will lend you nine health. You can repay the health borrowed when you clear the stage.
    • If you clear the stage without health borrowing, it will tell you the password there.
Bad ending
If you defeat the final boss while borrowing health with Kiteretsu hell it will be bad ending.
By inventing Kiteretsu hell, the game time will be long.

Useful memory addresses

AddressNotesData Type
0462Character #1 X positionHex
047ACharacter #1 Y positionsigned
04D7Character #1 X speedUnsigned
04EFCharacter #1 Y speedUnsigned
0463Character #2 X positionHex
047BCharacter #2 Y positionsigned
04D8Character #2 X speedUnsigned
04F0Character #2 Y speedUnsigned
0464Character #3 X positionHex
047CCharacter #3 Y positionsigned
04D9Character #3 X speedUnsigned
04F1Character #3 Y speedUnsigned

Techniques and Tricks

Corner boost
When Kiteretsu jumps towards the block, let his head hit the corner of the block, he gets slightly misaligned in the X direction.
Crouch jump
When Kiteretsu crouch jumps toward the star block, he can instantly get the item that came out of the star block.
Pass through the ceiling
Kiteretsu stands up when you release the A button while the crouch jump is rising. If there is a block above the head at that time, the upper part of his body overlaps with the block. If you press the up key at that moment, you can pass through the block.While Kiteretsu is pass through the block, crouching jumping is possible from there by pressing the down key when he overlaps the block.
Air jump
Kiteretsu jumps from the scaffold whose Y coordinate is close to 0 and can continue to jump while the Y coordinate is negative. If he jumps too high he will not be able to jump until the next landing.

Stage by stage comments

General

• I used corner boost in a possible part.
  • Reducing the time and number of people riding the lift can reduce the lag.
  • After receiving damage, I was not able to move on to the next scene for a while, so I paid attention not to be damaged just before the event.
  • When picking up Coin or Life, the movement of Kiteretsu may stop for just a moment. I avoided getting such items as much as possible.
  • The stage name and the stage number are what I made and may be different from the official name.

Stage 1-1 Ground area 1 (160-1799 frames)

• I used Crouch jump to take 1 coin. The invention in this movie can be covered with this one coin.
  • By hitting the star block it seems that there is a slight delay in scrolling. However, in a pattern that does not do, the pattern of enemy movement was bad with Stage 1 - 2, so in this movie we adopted a pattern hitting the star block.
  • In order to reach Daihyakka, shortcut was done using pass through the ceiling with the block under it.

Stage 1-2 Indoor area (1980-2626 frames)

• From this area, Miyo-chan follows the back of Kiteretsu.
  • In the invention screen, even if the start button is pushed before the invention is completed, pose is not applied and the invention can be continued. Also, pressing the start button twice during the invention will change BGM.

Stage 1-3 Underwater area (2810-3509 frames)

• In the underwater area, Kiteretsu can not accelerate to the maximum speed even if moving while holding down the B button.

Stage 1-4 Ground area 2 (3686-5036 frames)

• The roof of the building was inclined and it was returned to the left when riding, so we used the lift of the cloud so as not to touch the roof.
  • Flower monsters are unusual enemies that can be defeated by jumping from gravity inversion.There is a needle before the goal, but since it will take time in the next area, we did not use the corner boost there.

Stage 2-1 Arrow area (5913-7675 frames)

• He invented Nenriki-bou. Equipping with Nenriki-bou will allow you to move things using psychokinetic.
  • Miyo-chan rescued Korosuke and Kiteretsu preceded and moved it to the goal. Two people follow the back of Kiteretsu after this.

Stage 2-2 Light blub area (7853-8045 frames)

• At the goal point, the time to reach the maximum speed in the next area has been shorter when you reach the goal point a short while before the wiring is connected than to wait at the right end.

Stage 2-3 Dice area (8236-9221 frames)

• Reduced the time to ride the lift by riding from the bottom.

Stage 2-4 Mirror room (9405-9598 frames)

• The goal points are on the left and the right, but with the right goal and the left goal, the left goal is 10 frames save time. Here Miyo-chan will be kidnapped.

Stage 2-Boss VS Octo-papa (9785-10696 frames)

• Adjusted the position of Korosuke and hit the balls efficiently. I do the same for the following boss fight.
  • Because Korosuke is not crouching, it can be used to keep distance from Kiteretsu.

Stage 3-2 Forest area (12261-12773 frames)

• I used air jump, but I went down to defeat Fake-Korosuke.

Stage 3-Boss VS Metron (14798-15558フレーム)

• I moved a little without accelerating to get into the gap to the right of the area starting point.
  • The goal door waited on the right side and it got delayed 2 frames, so we left Kiteretsu on the left side.

Stage 3-5 Primitive area (16224-16936 frames)

• I proceeded without blocking the top of the needle with the arrow block. It will save you time than pressing the arrow block.

Stage 4-1 Cave area 1 (17814-18495 frames)

• Kiteretsu hits the tree monsters and can not move to the next area until the end of the blinking time.I used a crouch jump to defeat wooden monsters.

Stage 4-2 Fossil area (18667-18888フレーム)

• I took a shortcut by using pass through the ceiling.

Stage 4-3 Cave area 2 (19064-19953フレーム)

• At the area start point, we use crouching jump to get down quickly to the bottom.
  • When passing under the arrow block, I proceeded not to speed down.

Stage 4-4 Elevator area(B2-B1F) (20124-20422 frames)

• Pass through the ceiling can be easily done while the elevator is going up.

Stage 4-Boss VS Ammonite (20597-21485フレーム)

• For the procedure in which the boss appears, first display the sixth ball from the left, erase it from the screen once, return and display again.

Stage 5-2 Big clock area(1F-2F) (23712-23943 frames)

• In this area, I had to climb to the top of the big clock, but I could do a shortcut by using pass through the ceiling.

Stage 5-3 2F (24123-25148 frames)

• At the starting point, if you are moving to the left as it is, you can not accelerate by the slope, so I accelerated it using the ceiling.
  • At the goal point, in order to avoid reaching the goal with the blinking state of the damage hit by the flame, I was damaged by the ceiling of the needle before it.

Stage 5-4 2F-3F (25320-25695 frames)

• For longitudinal long faces, pass through the ceiling is useful.

Stage 5-5 3F (25870-26961 frames)

• Before the goal, we add the needle damage to Korosuke and adjust the end time of the blinking time.

Stage 5-6 Gray big face area (3F-4F) (27132-28857 frames)

• I got on the block outside the screen, repeated air jump from there and quickly entered the door of the goal.

Stage 5-7 Door area (4F) (29036-29235 frames)

• I entered the door connected to the left and shortened the time.

Stage 5-9 Red big face area (4F-5F) (29684-31409 frames)

• It is not related to time, but collision is not set for upward needle.
  • I used air jump like Stage 5-6.

Stage 5-10 5F (31584-32758 frames)

• When receiving a message from a pumpkin, it seems that an event may occur just by pressing down key one frame somehow.
  • The enemies that are flying at the beginning of the area move randomly. I could defeat it with this pattern, but if you defeat it, it will be late to enter a pumpkin event.

Stage 5-11 Pillar area (5F-6F) (32929-33314 frames)

• Passing the ceiling is possible because it does not receive damage even if it hits the needle of the block under the door.

Stage 5-Boss VS TV-ammo (34369-35318 frames)

• After defeating the boss, you turn upside down before the block judgment on the top of the screen disappears and ride the TV at the position close to the top of the screen.

Stage 5-Final Boss VS Lense robo (36014-37133 frames)

• When coming out of Daihyakka, health is fully recovered.
  • When Kiteretsu is jumping, the boss also heads towards Kiteretsu with a jump so Kiteretsu can keep hitting the attack.

Movie End (37133 frame)

• When Kiteretsu jumps, the boss jumps to the weapon and is defeated.After the boss is defeated, the lens will appear, but since Korosuke is standing at the appearing position, take the lens back and proceed to the ending.

Suggested screenshot

• 23913 frame
  • 36281 frame
I am sorry for bad English. Please enjoy the movie.

日本語の解説

キテレツ大百科は、藤子不二雄の漫画・アニメが原作の、日本でのみ発売されたファミコンのアクションゲームです。

コメント

このゲームは見た目の奇妙さや味方の操作精度の難しさで有名ですが、ゲームとしてとても面白い物です。私はこのゲームが大好きですが、TASVideosにはこのゲームの動画がなかったので自分で作りました。

ゲームについて

プレイヤーはキテレツを操作します。彼は発明が得意な少年です。 キテレツは、夢に入り込める装置を作りました。しかし、その装置は暴走してしまい、彼とその友達は夢の世界に閉じ込められてしまいます。彼は夢の世界で友達を助けに行きます。
これは典型的なプラットフォームゲームですが、特殊な操作として操作キャラクターの重力を反転させて天井を歩くことができます。 このゲームの目標は、ラスボスである「れんずろぼ」を倒し、「れんずろぼ」に捕らえられてしまった友達と、壊れた装置の核であるレンズを取り戻すことです。
5つあるステージの区切りには鏡張りの部屋があり、そこで真ん中のブロックに乗るとステージクリアになります。 各ステージのボスは、黄色い玉を5回当てると倒せます。1つ目のステージにはボスは配置されていません。
途中で友達が仲間に加入しますが、時にプレイヤーの意図しない動きをすることがあるので、制御をすることに気を使わなければいけません。
キー入力は疑似30fpsになっていて、基本的に1フレーム間隔で行われます。例外で、セレクト・スタートボタンはどのフレームでも判定されます。また、発明室では1フレーム毎に判定が行われます。
このゲームにはいくつかの発明品が登場しますが、残念ながら、この動画では3つしか作ることはありません。発明品は基本的に1つのエリアのみの使い捨てになっています。

動画に登場する発明品

如意光
如意光は物の大きさを変えられるライトです。Bボタンを押すと光線を発射します。Stage 1-1では、巨大化してしまったみよちゃんの大きさを元に戻すのに使います。
酸素クリーム
酸素クリームを体に塗ると、水中で呼吸ができるようになります。Stage 1-2では、発明した後にブロックで逆さまになると水中への入口が開いて水中へ進めるようになります。
念力帽
念力帽は、頭にかぶる物で、頭にかぶっている念力を使って物を動かせるようになります。キテレツとみよちゃんの正面にある物体が動きます。Bボタンを押すと念力が発動します。

エンディングの種類について

ベストエンディング
キテレツじごくから借り入れたヘルスが無い状態でラスボスを倒すとベストエンディングになります。
  • Stage 1-1で下矢印が表示されるテレビのそばのリフトを使って下に下りたエリアで、キテレツじごくを発明できます。キテレツじごくの効果は下記の通りです。
    • ヘルスが0になった時に、ヘルスを9つまで貸してくれます。ステージをクリアした時に借りたヘルスを返済できます。
    • ヘルスの借り入れが無い状態でステージをクリアすると、そこでパスワードを教えてくれます。
バッドエンディング
キテレツじごくでヘルスを借りたままラスボスを倒すとバッドエンディングになります。
キテレツじごくを発明することで、ゲームタイムは長くなってしまいます。

有用なメモリアドレス

アドレス備考データタイプ
0462キャラクター #1 X座標Hex
047Aキャラクター #1 Y座標signed
04D7キャラクター #1 X速度Unsigned
04EFキャラクター #1 Y速度Unsigned
0463キャラクター #2 X座標Hex
047Bキャラクター #2 Y座標signed
04D8キャラクター #2 X速度Unsigned
04F0キャラクター #2 Y速度Unsigned
0464キャラクター #3 X座標Hex
047Cキャラクター #3 Y座標signed
04D9キャラクター #3 X速度Unsigned
04F1キャラクター #3 Y速度Unsigned

テクニックとトリック

コーナーブースト
キテレツがジャンプをした時にブロックの角に頭が当たるようにするとX軸が少しズレます。
しゃがみジャンプ
キテレツがスターブロックに向かってしゃがみジャンプをすると、彼はスターブロックから出てきたアイテムを即座に取得できます。
天井抜け
しゃがみジャンプの上昇中にAボタンを離すと、キテレツは立った状態になります。その時に頭上にブロックがあった場合、彼の体の上部がブロックと重なります。その瞬間に上キーを押していると、ブロックをすり抜けることができます。キテレツがブロックをすり抜けている途中で、彼がブロックに重なっている時に下キーを押すことで、そこからまたしゃがみジャンプが可能です。
空中ジャンプ
キテレツはY座標が0に近い足場からジャンプして、Y座標がマイナスになっている間ジャンプし続けることができます。彼は高く飛びすぎると次の着地までジャンプができなくなります。

ステージごとのコメント

全般

• コーナーブーストを狙える部分では積極的に狙いました。
  • リフトに乗っている時間と人数を減らせば、ラグを軽減できます。
  • ダメージを受けた後はしばらくの間次の場面に移れないので、イベント直前でダメージを受けないよう注意を払いました。
  • コインやライフを拾った時、一瞬だけキテレツの動きが停止することがあります。なるべくそのようなアイテムを入手するのは避けました。
  • ステージ名とステージ番号は私が考えたもので、正式名称と違っているかもしれません。

Stage 1-1 地上1 (160-1799フレーム)

• コインを1枚取るためにしゃがみジャンプを使いました。この動画中の発明はこのコイン1枚で賄えます。
  • スターブロックを叩くことでスクロールに少し遅れが発生しているように見えます。しかし、そうしないパターンでは、Stage 1-2で敵の動きのパターンが悪かったので、この動画では、スターブロックを叩くパターンを採用しました。
  • 大百科の下のブロックで天井抜けを使ってショートカットしました。

Stage 1-2 家の中 (1980-2626フレーム)

• このエリアからは、みよちゃんがキテレツの後ろをついてきます。
  • 発明室に入るのが2フレーム遅れていますが、後々のボス戦でラグなどによって4フレームの遅れが出てしまうので、ここで調整しています。
  • 発明画面では、発明終了前にスタートボタンを押してもポーズがかからず、発明を続行できます。また、発明中にスタートボタンをすぐ2回押すとBGMが変わります。

Stage 1-3 水中 (2810-3509フレーム)

• 水中エリアでは、Bボタンを押しながら移動しても最高速度まで加速できません。

Stage 1-4 地上2 (3686-5036フレーム)

• 建物の屋根が坂になっていて、乗ると左方向に戻されたりするので、屋根に触れないように雲のリフトを利用しました。
  • 花の敵は重力反転状態からジャンプすることで倒せる珍しい敵です。
  • ゴール前に針があるが、次のエリアで時間がかかることになるのでそこでコーナーブーストを使用しませんでした。

Stage 2-1 矢印エリア (5913-7675フレーム)

• みよちゃんでコロ助を救出して、キテレツは先行してゴール地点まで移動させました。この後は2人がキテレツの後ろをついてきます。

Stage 2-2 電球エリア (7853-8045フレーム)

• ゴール地点では、右端で待機するよりも、配線が繋がる少し前にゴール地点に到達した時の方が、次のエリアで最高速度に達するまでの時間が短くなりました。

Stage 2-3 サイコロエリア (8236-9221フレーム)

• リフトに乗る時間を、下から乗ることによって短縮しました。

Stage 2-4 レンズルーム (9404-9598フレーム)

• ゴール地点が左と右にありますが、右のゴールと左のゴールでは、左のゴールの方が10フレームのタイムセーブになります。ここでみよちゃんが誘拐されてしまいます。

Stage 2-Boss おくとぱぱ戦 (9785-10696フレーム)

• コロ助の位置調整を行い、効率よく玉を当てました。以降のボス戦も同じようにやっています。
  • コロ助はしゃがまないのでキテレツと距離を離すのに使えます。

Stage 3-2 林の入口 (12261-12772フレーム)

• 空中ジャンプを使いましたが、偽コロ助を倒さないと先に進めないので途中で下りてきました。

Stage 3-Boss めとろん戦 (14797-15558フレーム)

• エリア開始地点の右にある隙間に入るために少しだけ最加速をしないで移動しました。
  • ゴールの扉は、左半分の判定が2フレームだけ右半分より先に判定が出現するので、左半分で待機します。

Stage 3-5 原始時代エリア (16224-16936フレーム)

• 矢印ブロックで針の上を塞がずに進みました。矢印ブロックを押す場合よりタイムの節約になります。

Stage 4-1 洞くつ1 (17814-18495フレーム)

• キテレツは木のモンスターに当たって進むと、点滅時間が終わるまで次のエリアに移れません。しゃがみジャンプを使って木のモンスターを倒しました。

Stage 4-2 化石エリア (18667-18888フレーム)

• 天井抜けを使ってショートカットをしました。

Stage 4-3 洞くつ2 (19064-19953フレーム)

• エリア開始地点では、下まで素早く下りるためにしゃがみジャンプを使っています。
  • 矢印ブロックの下を通る時、速度が落ちないように進みました。

Stage 4-4 エレベーター(B2F-B1F) (20124-20422フレーム)

• エレベーターの上昇中には、天井抜けが簡単にできます。

Stage 4-Boss あんもないと戦 (20597-21485フレーム)

• ボスを出現させる手順は、まず左から6個目の玉を表示させて一旦画面から消し、また戻って再度表示させます。

Stage 5-2 大時計(1階-2階) (23712-23943フレーム)

• このエリアでは、大時計の一番上まで登る必要がありましたが、天井抜けを使用することでショートカットできました。

Stage 5-3 2階 (24123-25148フレーム)

• 開始地点で、そのまま左に移動していると坂道で加速ができないので、天井を使って加速しました。
  • ゴール地点では、炎に当たったダメージの点滅状態でゴールを迎えるのを避けるために、それより前にある針の天井でダメージを受けました。

Stage 5-4 2階-3階 (25320-25695フレーム)

• 縦に長い面では、天井抜けが有用です。

Stage 5-5 3階 (25870-26961フレーム)

• ゴールの手前で、コロ助に針を踏ませることによって、点滅時間の終了時間を調整しています。

Stage 5-6 3階-4階 (27132-28857フレーム)

• スクロールで表示される前のブロックに乗り、そこから空中ジャンプを繰り返し、ゴールの扉に早く入りました。

Stage 5-7 扉エリア(4階) (29036-29235フレーム)

• 左向きに繋がった扉に入り、タイムを短縮しました。

Stage 5-9 4階-5階 (29684-31409フレーム)

• タイムには関わりがありませんが、配置されている上向きの針には判定が付け忘れられています。
  • Stage 5-6と同様に連続空中ジャンプを使用しました。

Stage 5-10 5階 (31584-32758フレーム)

• カボチャからメッセージを受け取る時、なぜか下キーを1フレーム押すだけでイベントが発生することがあるようです。
  • エリアの最初で飛んでいる敵は、ランダムに動きます。今回のパターンでは倒すこともできましたが、倒してしまうとカボチャのイベントに入るのが遅くなってしまいます。

Stage 5-11 5階-6階 (32929-33314フレーム)

• 扉の下にある針のブロックにはダメージ判定が無いので天井抜けをすることが可能です。

Stage 5-Boss てれびあんも戦 (34369-35318フレーム)

• ボスを倒した後、画面最上部のブロックの判定が無くなる前に逆さまになって、画面の上部に近い位置でテレビに乗ります。

Final Boss れんずろぼ戦 (36014フレーム-)

• 大百科から出てくると体力が全回復しています。
  • キテレツがジャンプしていると、ボスもジャンプでキテレツの方に向かってくるので、キテレツは攻撃を当て続けることができます。

Movie End (37133フレーム)

• キテレツの最後のジャンプで、ボスがこちらに向かってくるように仕向けると、そのままボスは倒れます。コロ助をレンズの出現する位置に待機しているので、そのままレンズを回収してエンディングです。

スクリーンショット

• 23913 フレーム
  • 36281 フレーム
どうぞ動画を楽しんでください。

feos: It's a nice movie, but it got no feedback. So I can't quite send it to Moons. To me it looked like a borderline case between Moons and Vault. The gameplay is not totally simplistic, but still relatively simple and not varied. Accepting to Vault.
I couldn't find any reference to the various endings for this game (not even in the submission), so dropping the branch.
feos: Thanks for the clarification, Michinaga! It appears the game has "best ending" as an any% goal, which is also a full completion goal apparently. So yeah, the branch is not needed, and no other branch for this game can be in Vault, as that would lose time to get the bad ending (I recall Duck Tales off the top of my head, that also allows for such thing). Especially given the fact that the only part that effectively changes for the bad ending is the last boss fight. So the bad ending goal wouldn't bring enough new content to be published here.
Fog: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5616: Michinaga's NES Kiteretsu Daihyakka in 10:17.88
Skilled player (1650)
奇妙で楽しい...はい投票!
Post subject: Encode done
Stovent
He/Him
Publisher
Encode done : Youtube HD Downlodables Screenshot : frame 23913
[17:37:00]<TheCoreyBurton> It's N64 - it's ALWAYS bad news.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3498] NES Kiteretsu Daihyakka by Michinaga in 10:17.88
Editor, Player (120)
I personally found this very entertaining. Not sure why this is a Vault submission to be honest. :) Definite yes!
* http://tasvideos.org/ReadySteadyYeti.html - my user page on the TASVideos site * https://www.youtube.com/ReadySteadyYeti - my YouTube channel * My Discord username is "RSY#3799".