Submission Text Full Submission Page
PORT TOWN 2 in 2'09"94. I make this movie for faster time shown in this game. And do not mention this framecount. Not to use PAUSE button.

Noxxa: Claiming for judgment.
Noxxa: Hello IDK, and welcome to TASVideos.
To be eligible for publication on this site, a movie must beat the game. Single level movies that do not beat the game in a meaningful capacity are not accepted.
Because of this reason, I am rejecting your submission. Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5630: IDK's SNES F-Zero "PORT TOWN 2 in 2'09"94" in 02:36.03
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
>Single Track Well this isn't going to fly well.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (58)
What?
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Who made this movie? IDK. Then do you know someone who DOES know who made it?
Previous Name: boct1584
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
I'm going to upload a temporary encode. EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b9jamcomq50uql3/F-ZeroPort2_20994.mkv
Editor, Expert player (2015)
No, we just got rid of that dumb movie. We don't need it brought back.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
I vote yes
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Editor, Player (53)
I did found the run entertaining, so is a yes in that aspect. The TAS was well done and fast too, it's a bummer though that is only 1 track as others have mentioned :S
I'm the best in the Universe! Remember that!
Editor
Voting No on this due to it's lack of completion compared to a full run. However, I find it interesting how the AI rubberbands when you get teleported back.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Ford
He/Him
There's precedent for single levels, right? That said, I don't know about this being a standalone movie. Maybe if it was in all the other courses in its circuit, but as it stands....
Editor, Skilled player (1172)
Ford wrote:
There's precedent for single levels, right?
There is, but it is commonly accepted as a bad idea to continue this rather aged (more than 10 years) precedent. One case has actually been obsoleted by a different game entirely (a sequel with similar mechanics, mind, but still a different game) to remove the precedent. We're trying very hard to discourage runs that only complete a relatively minor segment of a game, and a ruling that has last happened more than a decade ago should not have much weight in what we accept today. In general, we are looking for complete runs, or at least runs that complete a major segment or an entire side mode of a game. A demonstration of a small segment is unlikely to find acceptance here today without a particularly compelling argument. Apologies for acting as though I am speaking for the site, the instances I speak of "we," but I suspect this is true for the site. If I pushed some boundaries, let me know so I don't make a habit of this.
Experienced player (868)
Yes vote. Of course, a complete run is desirable. But personally I think it is valuable to explore the fastest time on each courses in race-games, since it is generally rather difficult to optimize race-game runs. And I think this run is well done. For this game, I'm just a casual player, but I guess you made a lot of effort for this run. Because, I have sometimes read your blog (Japanese). So, this very simple submission text is regrettable. I want you to explain your effort by your submission. You will be able to write interesting contents.
Skilled player (1650)
Yes vote!
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
I like the idea of TASVideos collecting single-level records for games like this where you CAN pick one level to play at a time. Maybe make these sorts of runs auto-Vault? Or a new tier?
Previous Name: boct1584
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
boct1584 wrote:
I like the idea of TASVideos collecting single-level records for games like this where you CAN pick one level to play at a time.
How's about. Make a page dedicated to storing the information instead. Like I don't know. MUGG did. And you upload your stuff I don't know here: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/my#uploadfile
boct1584 wrote:
Maybe make these sorts of runs auto-Vault? Or a new tier?
Yea, it's called Gruefood.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Skilled player (1706)
I really hope this doesn't get accepted; there's tons of games with timers, and if this were to be accepted, what's stopping other games from having 1 stage runs? Even if it were to be restricted to "popular" games or "entertaining" runs, there's quite a large number of courses in say, Mario Kart series. It's not even hypothetical; there's actually TAS runs of individual courses already. What's stopping someone (or group) from mass uploading them for each racing game? Edit: Oh, and the records from this SSB submission. I'm fine with something done like that, but if every single individual record was a separate input file I'd vote no for acceptance.
Editor, Player (44)
boct1584 wrote:
I like the idea of TASVideos collecting single-level records for games like this where you CAN pick one level to play at a time. Maybe make these sorts of runs auto-Vault? Or a new tier?
SDA has a rule that single-level runs are allowed, but only if one exists for every level (making a full "individual level table" that serves as a substitute for a full-game run). Once the full table exists, the various levels can be obsoleted individually. Something like that might make sense for TASvideos, too. The rule that every level needs a run before individual levels can be submitted individually seems to have a good reason for existing, though.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
boct1584 wrote:
The TASVideos publication framework is not an IL records site, never was designed to be, and it is not going to be unless the whole publication system is drastically overhauled. A publication currently does not support having more than one movie or record in it, and making separate publications for each IL would take too much effort on the publishing side, as well as cause overall clutter or disparities on publication list pages. If you want to keep track of TAS ILs for a game, you can make an userpage like what mugg did with SSBM for example (linked above), but officially it will not be supported without significantly changing the site's workings.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.