Submission Text Full Submission Page
Do you use warps or passwords?
"Well, there's no passwords for Super Mario Bros, but yes, I did use warps to skip a lot of the game."
What kind of programming errors do you abuse in the game?
"I didn't really abuse any."
Do you take hits? Do you use death? Do you save and restart in the middle of the movie? How many characters do you control?
"No I do not take any hits, I did not use death, I used savestates, I only played Mario."
What are your aims? Fastest possible? Maximum score? 100% kills? 100% items? Indicate the priority of each aim in your movie.
"My aim was to try to beat the world record, but I didn't so now I just do speedruns for fun."
Please describe the game briefly. It helps those who are unfamiliar with the game.
"I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the game is by now."

Noxxa: Claiming.
feos: This submission deserves neat formatting.
Noxxa: Hello ace7153, and welcome to TASVideos.
Here at TASVideos, we publish only the best TASes, and a submission must beat all existing records. The fastest record of this version of the game (E) currently is 04:55.16, around a minute faster than your submission. As your movie is not even close to optimal, it is not suitable for publication - as such, I'm cancelling rejecting this submission.
Please review the movie rules (particularly "The movie must be good") and guidelines to see what kind of optimization level we expect from a submission for site publication.
Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5631: ace7153's NES Super Mario Bros. in 06:05.37
Player (58)
I feel like there are more of these movies coming by faster and faster.
Fog
Experienced player (626)
No.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
No vote.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Besides the ~1100 frames of blank input, which drops this to a 05:43.37. (Give and take as SMB TASes end at Axe Grab) Your time is absolutely destroyed by another submission that's in the workbench currently which also uses the PAL version: #5617: HappyLee's NES Super Mario Bros. "PAL" in 04:55.16 This TAS won't get far to begin with. Abstaining.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (434)
Captain Forehead wrote:
I feel like there are more of these movies coming by faster and faster.
i guess the site's more popular now,so we get more people who don't read the guidelines
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Banned User, Active player (436)
Oh my gawd this is the most epic tas I've ever seen in existence! I totally loved the part where you waited at the title screen for no reason. It got me hyped for the insanity that was about to unfold. The run itself was absolutely beautiful. I don't care if you didn't beat WR. I think this run deserves a star anyway.
Snodeca
She/Her
Player (128)
Meme submission. I like it. I totally agree with the post south of me. Someone please give the maker an applause. You beat WR by over negative a minute which is pretty impressive! (In all honesty I probably couldn't do that RTA, sub 6 minutes, but next time read the Guidelines thing please?
Editor, Player (120)
No.
* http://tasvideos.org/ReadySteadyYeti.html - my user page on the TASVideos site * https://www.youtube.com/ReadySteadyYeti - my YouTube channel * My Discord username is "RSY#3799".
Editor, Expert player (2012)
Why did you answer every submission text question in quotations, this isn't an essay. "I don't know." Also you're like the 50 billionth person to TAS Super Mario Bros. sloppily and then go "Yeah, that's good" and submit it. No vote.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
I was trying to find something funny to say about this submission but screw it. If you're looking for feedback, upload to userfiles. If you didn't even try, why did you submit this.
Editor
If this were a real-time run it would be 343rd on the speedrun.com leaderboards.
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (480)
If I'm not mistaken, it's the 27th submission of SMB that will be rejected soon. SMB is 32 years old, so let 5 more rejects and pay respect to our favourite game...
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!