Submission Text Full Submission Page
It isn't fully perfect but it's satisfying to watch. I think I did a pretty good job. 05:10;21.
Oh, is the description too short? Voi vittu....

Noxxa: Claiming for judgment.
Noxxa: Hello wasapi_FI, and welcome to TASVideos.
Unfortunately, I am rejecting your submissions for a few reasons:
  • It is suboptimal in a few areas, such as getting fireworks in some levels. To be publishable, a movie must be optimal, and not miss out on known tricks or speedups.
  • Refusing to forward jump is a rather arbitrary movement limitation and, in any case, does not make for an any more enticing run than any of the published categories. This is proven by the poor audience response to this movie.
  • It uses a multi-cart ROM (Super Mario Bros. + Duck Hunt + World Class Track Meet). This is not accepted; a plain Super Mario Bros. ROM should be used instead.
You posted in the topic that you submitted this movie as a little experiment - the submission queue should not be used for this purpose. Use userfiles instead.
Better luck next time!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Post subject: (Abstaining my vote btw.)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
submission5632.zip wrote:
Yes!.fm2
No.fm2
ROM filename wrote:
Super Mario Bros. + Duck Hunt + World Class Track Meet.nes
ExtraNo.fm2 To quote Moth who just cancelled one a couple of hours ago.
Please review the movie rules (particularly "The movie must be good") and Guidelines to see what kind of optimization level we expect from a submission for site publication.
And like the one I'm quoting this also has inappropriate timing for input ending... for a SMB TAS... late. So time can be shaved on input ending too besides the large amount dedicated to starting input. One of these games we don't recommend TASing for a newcomer is Mario Bros. it's a highly technical game... which shows as it has been TASed to death. It's also recommended to get a ROM that doesn't have two other games behind it.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Post subject: Re: (Abstaining my vote btw.)
And like the one I'm quoting this also has inappropriate timing for input ending... for a SMB TAS... late. So time can be shaved on input ending too besides the large amount dedicated to starting input. One of these games we don't recommend TASing for a newcomer is Mario Bros. it's a highly technical game... which shows as it has been TASed to death. It's also recommended to get a ROM that doesn't have two other games behind it.
Yeah, this is my first TAS. I wanted to experiment a little with TASing and picked this game because it was the most familiar one for me. I completely understand the fact that this game is very overplayed. Just wanted to try it out. :)
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Nothing wrong with wanting to experiment, you just picked the wrong place to put your movie. If it's a for-fun project, not something serious, you'd want to put it in the Userfiles. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/
Previous Name: boct1584
Editor, Expert player (2001)
Well at least you're more self aware then most of the newcomers who TAS Super Mario Bros and submit it as their first TAS. Still voting No though.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Ford
He/Him
Not really too spectacular. Category seems too gimmicky. Nice personal project, though.
Editor, Player (120)
No matter how good (or bad) the project is, the category is too "gimmicky" to be accepted. These kinds of projects are ones I'd post on my YouTube channel without submitting them here, or put them into userfiles. An example of runs I've done in the past that follow this example would be "game over speedruns". I don't think those can really be accepted here. For instance, Super Mario 64: "Kicks Follow Every Jump" would probably not be accepted here, even if it was fully optimized. If you want to submit to TASVideos, not only should you be careful with gameplay, but also with category. Think about whether a category could be accepted here or not before starting the project, or at least before planning to submit that project.
* http://tasvideos.org/ReadySteadyYeti.html - my user page on the TASVideos site * https://www.youtube.com/ReadySteadyYeti - my YouTube channel * My Discord username is "RSY#3799".
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!