Submission Text Full Submission Page
Perform done this TAS to show something more complete, complex and dynamic compared to any%.
Recorded and used: BizHawk 1.11.9, also works from its successor versions.

Objetives:

• More difficulty
  • Use the code "TUFFER"
  • Collect DK coins
  • Collect Banana Birds
  • Get 105%
  • Get damage to save time
  • Perform Shortcuts

About of submission:

It executes the code "TUFFER", this causes that it increases the difficulty eliminating the DK's and checkpoint's barrels.
In addition, the percentage increases from 103% to 105%.
This version is more extended than SNES. Contains an additional world called "Pacifica", new minigames to recover Banana Birds such as:
  • Funky's Rentals
  • Cranky's Dojo
  • Swanky's Dash
It takes damage to save time, It becomes optimum in several points to perform, as it also saves time in shifting between Dixie and Kiddy. Not recommended in some cases.

Advantage, Glitches and Errors:

You can find various shortcuts, glitches and errors presented by the game:
When falling close to an enemy, make an attack to run faster by saving frames(It is presented at almost all levels).
To get the DK coins, we defeat the enemy by throwing the barrel and waiting out of sight to advance to the back, so we advance until you have it in sight (It is presented on most levels). At the Low-G Labyrinth level, get the DK coin with Quawks with a wooden barrel. At Stormy Seas level use a TNT barrel to get the DK coin.
Using Dixie taking over Kiddy, throw it to a wall to bounce and while you roll you can make an additional jump (can be executed any time), in the levels that is that presented in:
1. "Kremwood Forest":
  • Barriel Shield Bust-Up (To get the DK coin and reach the second bonus)
  • Bobbing Barrel Brawl (To omit the use of Ellie at the beginning of the level)
2. "Mekanos":
  • Low-G Labyrinth (At the beginning of the level to save time)
  • Boss "Kaos Karnage" (At all times to save time by defeating the boss)
3. "Cotton Top Cove":
  • Rocket Barrel Ride (In the middle of the level to save time and also access faster to the second bonus)
4. "K3":
  • Tearaway Toboggan (In bonus)
  • Barrel Drop Bounce (Near end of level)
5. "Razor Ridge":
  • Buzzer Barrage (In bonus)
  • Pot Hole Panic (To get DK money)
6. "Kaos Kore":
  • Creepy Carverns (In bonus and near end of level)
  • Boss "Kastle Kaos" (At the beginning of the boss)
7. "Krematoa":
  • Tyrant Twin Tussle (To get to Squitter)
  • Swoopy Salvo (To get the bonus and inside it)
In the Lightning Lookout level in a section the time of the frozen environment is realized with taking the companion in the moment in which it falls into the water. It runs to save time, but is not optimal in other sections of the game since it takes time.
At all levels it is possible to leave it when passing through the goal, the algorithm declares to position itself in the goal as a level already completed previously.
You can maneuver any attack or jump movement at the beginning of a level or bonus, it can also manifest in water sections.
What can attract of this film is dynamic in the course of the game, it is not flat that only shows boring movements.
It seeks to overcome the race of: Submission #5629: SpectrumDisasterTM's GBA Donkey Kong Country 3 "105%" in 2:20:37.6
It is more extensive than its previous version of SNES, with different mechanics, different errors and speed. He has dedicated a lot of time to make this race since it is an extensive film.

feos: About the good parts first. Cheat/password in this run is fine, as it unlocks a difficulty setting. The branch can be considered full completion just like 103%. Is this extra difficulty needed though, given that it won't be harder to TAS without those barrels? Probably not, but the full completion run of the SNES version uses that difficulty. So yeah, this is all fine, even though not strictly required.
The problem with this run is its optimization level. Thanks to Ready Steady Yeti's efforts, it quite clear now, and I hope the author gives that post proper consideration, as co-operation is always better.
SpectrumDisasterTM, if you decide to submit another run of this game, post a userfile on forums instead, so that people could give you advices prior to submitting, otherwise such submission will be rejected as well.
Rejecting for suboptimality.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Same mashing input. Different Submission. Please, take your time on these. Don't just spam them out. Abstaining the vote. Please use: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/ Instead of submitting if you're going to do the same thing again. Also please use the mGBA core for Donkey Kong Country 3 and not VBA-Next.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (441)
And fix your comments. The formatting makes it impossible to use the links below the submission information, at least on iPhone.
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Editor, Player (120)
While I will say I did enjoy the ways you chose to entertain your audience with the jump mechanics, and your abuse of Dixie's slap boost mechanic, this run is still highly suboptimal for many reasons. You did improve on some things, like using the US version and doing the tricks you see in Avanor's speedrun, such as exiting course at the flagpoles, but there are still some things that need work. But there are still some things that stand out to me immediately about the run as suboptimal. I'm only going to go over the first world, as it pretty much sums up how the rest of this run should be treated. Here are some obvious problems with this run: * At least 10 frames that feos saved on menuing. Stop turboing stuff. * Though it could be seen as a speed/entertainment tradeoff, I don't believe in those, so it's a timewaster to me. Typing in a name there wastes a lot of time. * Frame 1745: He just went toward that curve, which wastes quite a lot of frames. He didn't go around it. * Frame 2180: He does a slap with Dixie at the beginning of the level. Every time you slap with Dixie (with the exception of hitting enemies), it is WAY SLOWER. What you're supposed to do instead to fix this problem is hold B before entering the level, rather than on the frames before it starts. * Frame 3200: That's an immediately noticeable problem right there. Spectrum doesn't get the 5 silver coins up above, on the right side of that shelter. There is a cannon that you do a teamjump to get up to that blasts you through that entire portion AND gives you 5 silver coins. It's very, very clearly faster, and it's unquestionable in my mind. * Beginning of the mill level: You used Dixie's slap again, but you just jumped this time, which still wastes some frame amount. * I need to mention that every time you use Dixie's helicopter, it wastes 3 frames, because that's the amount of wait time you have to use to do it. Don't use Dixie's helicopter unless it is REALLY necessary. * Frame 8038: I know for fact you could find a faster coin than this one to grab. And why is it the first coin you ever grab? * Frame 11218: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tbo5i-0nHg See this video for a faster method. * And you keep doing Dixie's slap at the beginning of the minigames too... * 17100: At the last spike thingy, you should hit it at the very edge of your shield, saving the most time, I believe. * 19400: You did the thing again where you went against the curves and wasted time. * Beginning of Level 3: Okay, you switch to Kiddie, and don't use Kiddie's rolling mechanic constantly, which is optimal. Kiddie's rolls save more time than when he just runs regularly. * 23607: That boost was good, but you should've waited a lot longer before cancelling it. * 23900: You missed that coin that was literally right there. * 26225: You didn't jump soon enough, so there were some frames where you were still on that slope, which wastes time. * 30600: You were on the slope right there again for too long. * 31970: It may be faster in the SNES version, but not in GBA I believe. Doing this level twice is far slower in this version AFAIK. * When you entered reentered the level, you jumped while on that elevator in an attempt to entertain. That's a HUGE no-no. See, every time you jump, the elevator slows down just a little, which delays the amount of time it takes you to get up where you need to go. * 34700: You jumped too late. * I didn't mention all the specific times you still used Dixie's slap at the beginning of every level, but you did do that. Things you need to work on are your routing for the silver coins. The silver coin routing is very complex, as there are so many of them in the game but only 75 needed. Really, some of those basic improvements I just mentioned, like avoiding the curves being faster when swimming in those parts I mentioned, and not slapping with Dixie's hair at the beginning of levels, are things that a TASer of the game should just know. TASing is not something you can just complete in a week, or even two weeks, like TASing is, ESPECIALLY in the case of this very complex game. TASing is very difficult, time-consuming, and HAS to be perfect. I assume you are used to the non-TAS speedrunning setting, due to the resemblance of this TAS to a speedrun of the game and because of the way you're TASing it in general. Sure, you can learn a speedrun in a short amount of time, and don't have to spend nearly as much time mending your mistakes, etc., but TASing is a LOT more than that. You have to know your game so well that there couldn't even be a doubt in your mind that it was even a couple frames short of perfect. The TASing setting is very different from the speedrunning setting, and it probably takes some time to get used to. But still, work on getting used to it. The silver coin routing, I must stress, is a HUGE deal, and you CAN'T do that in two weeks. I actually literally have to go through each silver coin in the game that even could be used in the run, and test it out and record how many frames it wastes. Basically, I have to find the 75 coins in the game that waste the least amount of frames. It's pretty clear that you didn't go through that process yet, and it's also clear that there are some coins you just flat-out missed. And this is all stuff you have to do OUTSIDE of TASing itself; you actually have to do this in some sort of testrun or just without recording at all. I advise that you please do not submit more runs of this game here. Instead, please use the TASVideos user files. That way, someone (like me) can check over your work and tell you what went wrong, so that you don't keep getting your runs rejected, and so that I don't have to go back and look for suboptimality anymore times to prove to the judges that it should be rejected. Not trying to be mean here, but please, do me that favor. Do us all that favor. Since I'm also TASing this game, you might want to consider joining forces with me on this project, since you clearly have a lot of knowledge about the game's mechanics and are interested in TASing it. PM me or add me on Skype (below) for details. I can also give you my Discord from there. If you'd like feedback on the entire TAS, rather than just that one world, tell me and I'll take the time to do a complete analysis. And really, this kind of TAS would be best if it were a coop submission.
* http://tasvideos.org/ReadySteadyYeti.html - my user page on the TASVideos site * https://www.youtube.com/ReadySteadyYeti - my YouTube channel * My Discord username is "RSY#3799".
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!
I have read the messages that the publication received and thanked them. I have reviewed several points and I have come to a conclusion. I have taken your Ready Steady Yeti proposal, if I have to do it to publish something I have done, it would be an honor to join forces with you to carry out this project. The problem is that I need the support of someone who knows the site better, because I'm new to the page, I hope you understand my situation. I added you by Skype, my name is nicknamed as Nacho TS. I hope we get in touch to discuss more about that, best regards.