(Link to video)
  • Advanced Bus-Level Timing: OFF
  • Hardest difficulty
  • Genre: Platform
Game & Watch Collection is a collection of three classic Game & Watch compilations from the Game & Watch series. Supposedly exact replicas of Oil Panic, Donkey Kong, and Greenhouse are included.
Donkey Kong arguably has the least ambiguous ending point out of all G&W games (except other Donkey Kong related games). In fact, its ending point is probably not any more ambiguous than that of Donkey Kong on NES. Therefore, I recorded this movie, which finishes 8 loops(the speed of barrels seems to stop increasing after this point) in Mode B of Donkey Kong on Game & Watch Collection.

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: Replaced file with one that plays 8 loops instead of 1, due to increased difficulty in higher loops.
Masterjun: Looks optimized. However, almost 7 minutes of the same screen can't get into Moons. Ending point is reached by completing the loop with the highest difficulty (which is 7, see address $020F67AC, in addition to the subloop count at $020F67B2).
Accepting to Vault.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5720: Fortranm's DS Game & Watch: Donkey Kong in 06:55.86
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
I think a TAS for this would be faster on GaW for GBA, this one just seems too slow and just looks like a human playing it.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (775)
EZGames69 wrote:
I think a TAS for this would be faster on GaW for GBA, this one just seems too slow and just looks like a human playing it.
First, the classic version of Donkey Kong included in G&W Gallery 2 and 4 wouldn't really be faster than this one. Second, this one is much more faithful to the original G&W game thanks to the fact that a DS has two screens. Third, all G&W Gallery games have unlockables. Beating one single game in those games would seem like an arbitrary goal.
Player (12)
I'm sorry, but for me this movie is incomplete. The challenge of Game & Watch games is to do a high score, not complete a 20 points objective. This movie doesn't reach the max score of 999, nor even reach the 300 points bonus. It just stops when the difficulty barely starts to ramp up. This game deserves a better tribute in my opinion.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Game becomes harder, find the loop, no vote.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Fortranm
He/Him
http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/43316369425187948 So I extended the run to the 8th loop. The speed of barrels seem to stay the same at the beginning of each loop after this point. Please replace the input file. I'm uploading a new temp encode. I don't plan to make a new submission because I suppose the feedback won't be much different. :P P.S.:Although the on screen score counter overflows at 999, which actually happens in the updated movie, the actual high score record of the game can go all the way to 9999. Edit: Link to video
Ford
He/Him
Watched the updated version. Nothing against it, but it looks like vault material to me. Voted meh.
Skilled player (1706)
Would it be better to get max score on all 3 games there? Also is there any way to view the credits or anything here (GaW 4 for instance) or nah?
Fortranm
He/Him
jlun2 wrote:
Would it be better to get max score on all 3 games there? Also is there any way to view the credits or anything here (GaW 4 for instance) or nah?
Unlike the 4 G&WG games on GB/GBC/GBA, there are no collectibles or credit scenes in the 2 G&WC games on DS. The only information stored in save file is high score information on each game, which seems to max out at 9999.
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1638)
Wow...this brings back a memory. I remember when these game-watches were the the most sought after electronics, back when I was in grade school. Voting yes, because of nastalgia.
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3565] DS Game & Watch Collection: Donkey Kong by Fortranm in 06:55.86