Submission Text Full Submission Page
Super Mario All-Stars was released in 1993 which revises the nes mario games improving them with newer music and graphics for the 16 bit era. This game also brought Super Mario Bros the lost levels to a western audience.
An all four any% run of Super Mario all-stars. This movie could be improved with slight improvments to all the games, but Super Mario Bros. can definitely be improved by about anywhere from seven to ten seconds. switching games might also be improved by a couple frames.
This movie was my first tas and I had lots of fun. I had lots of trouble with Smb2U because i've never attempted a run of this game RTA so I had to learn it from scratch.
  • Beat all four games
  • Make a fast run while trying to keep things entertaining
  • Heavily Abuses L+R in SMB3
  • Uses S+Q in SMB2 to achieve a faster time
Snes9x 1.5.2.0 Changed the controls that's it.

Fog: Judging.
Fog: Welcome to TASVideos!
Unfortunately, as noted by others as well as the submission notes themselves, this run is sub-optimal.
Please make use of the forums and upload works in progress to userfiles before submitting the improvements.
Also, please note that SNES9X has been deprecated for submission here, BizHawk or lsnes are the two recommended emulators for SNES submissions.
Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Editor, Player (67)
Welcome to the board, KinsleU. If there are known improvements, it is very unlikely that this will get published. See the movie rules and the guidelines for further information along those lines. You may want to post potential submissions in the game's thread to get input from others.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
> Snes9x > Mashing input > 4389 blank frames at the end This is going to be "fun".
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Moderator, Senior Ambassador, Experienced player (898)
Hi KinsleU and welcome to TASVideos. Congratulations on your first completed TAS! I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had looked at the following runs first: [3144] SNES Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. 2 by vince1919 in 07:24.30 [3456] SNES Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels "warpless, Mario" by HappyLee in 34:36.61 [2419] SNES Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels "warpless, Luigi" by KFCMARIO in 34:52.69 It may be helpful to ensure your run at least matches one of those times, depending on the category you are working on. This will require only using frame advance and perfecting your TAS so there are no mistakes, plus likely finding some new time-saving technique not yet shown in one of the above movies. As Spikestuff hinted, make sure you end the movie on the last frame of input. If you start from scratch, please consider using a more accurate emulator other than snes9x - instead, use lsnes or BizHawk depending on which one suits your needs better. I'm obviously biased and I'd love to see you do this on lsnes so I can have TASBot console verify the run but please feel free to ignore me. :) Finally, please note that you have an uphill battle; each of the games you are attempting to TAS have already been perfected on the NES and given those are the original platform are generally considered the more faithful versions of each game. It's not to say they will never be accepted but it's going to require a bit of convincing of the judges that what you are showing is better or different enough to warrant being accepted alongside the existing NES runs. I look forward to see what you can make and best of luck!
I was laid off in May 2023 and could use support via Patreon or onetime donations as I work on TASBot Re: and TASBot HD. I'm dwangoAC, part of the senior staff of TASVideos as the Senior Ambassador and BDFL of the TASBot community; I post TAS content on YouTube.com/dwangoAC based on livestreams from Twitch.tv/dwangoAC.
KinsleU
He/Him
dwangoAC wrote:
Hi KinsleU and welcome to TASVideos. Congratulations on your first completed TAS! I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had looked at the following runs first: [3144] SNES Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. 2 by vince1919 in 07:24.30 [3456] SNES Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels "warpless, Mario" by HappyLee in 34:36.61 [2419] SNES Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels "warpless, Luigi" by KFCMARIO in 34:52.69 It may be helpful to ensure your run at least matches one of those times, depending on the category you are working on. This will require only using frame advance and perfecting your TAS so there are no mistakes, plus likely finding some new time-saving technique not yet shown in one of the above movies. As Spikestuff hinted, make sure you end the movie on the last frame of input. If you start from scratch, please consider using a more accurate emulator other than snes9x - instead, use lsnes or BizHawk depending on which one suits your needs better. I'm obviously biased and I'd love to see you do this on lsnes so I can have TASBot console verify the run but please feel free to ignore me. :) Finally, please note that you have an uphill battle; each of the games you are attempting to TAS have already been perfected on the NES and given those are the original platform are generally considered the more faithful versions of each game. It's not to say they will never be accepted but it's going to require a bit of convincing of the judges that what you are showing is better or different enough to warrant being accepted alongside the existing NES runs. I look forward to see what you can make and best of luck!
Thanks for the response, I didn't think of checking the movies mentioned above, I looked at the current wr runs and tried to replicate that, currently working on an improvement give what you and others have stated.
"BOOM" ~ Darbian
Ford
He/Him
Correct me if I'm wrong, but... ...isn't the correct means of maximizing acceleration in SMB1 to turn left for one frame, do a short hop right, and then haul ass to the right (possibly after another short hop?) On the topic of the movie subject itself, does it offer anything different from previously-published runs? Also, in 8-3 (SMB1), why did you collide with a block and come full stop? Was that necessary? Could it have been avoided? Was not able to watch more than the SMB1 part of the run; I think I got a bad ROM. As such, I'm withholding my final judgment on this. Overall, though, I think I need more answers than are presently available to me.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!