Submission Text Full Submission Page
King's Quest for the Sega Master System is supposed be a lengthy adventure / collectathon style game. However, by knowing what you need to do ahead of time and glitching around the map a bit, it can be beaten in only a couple of minutes.
This run is an improvement of roughly 1 second (not counting BIOS load time) over the original run by BZero from various minor optimizations.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
I watched this run and while was checking this run, I stumbled with more improvements (I haven't calculated exactly how much frames I saved on these rooms): - earlier menuing on the pebbles path - slingshot path - giant enemy (the most difficulty path to optimize) - earlier exit on the shield path - castle entrance (probably is also present on the first published run of this game, i think) - earlier end input Also, I noted that after the end input, this run and the published run ends with this screen (you need to wait approximately 143 frames after the last input). But if you press a button on this screen, an another screen appears (also present on the first published run of this game, although another button was pressed to finish this screen). After this extra screen, the game restarts. I don't know if the extra screen can be a good choice, but I decided to post both movie files (total improvement - 63 frames): with extra screen - Header changed (but longer input) without extra screen (but still end input earlier) - Header unchanged Since I'm not familiar with this game (I only played a bit, sometime ago), I don't know if there are more paths to improve (or probably will loss with a later desync). EDIT: Someone voted no, but it wasn't me. :p
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3520)
Cool! Save those frames. I'll go ahead and cancel this one. I'll move on and start looking at one of the other easier looking Dega runs since I seem to have some motivation right now.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... juicy!
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
Alyosha wrote:
Cool! Save those frames. I'll go ahead and cancel this one.
Since I made the improvements inside of your movie (and I'm added myself as a co-author), you didn't need to cancel.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3520)
My improvementes were trivial enough to not need co-authorship. Feel free to re-submit as sole author (well with BZero as well I guess who is responsible for the main route still, but I'm not sure even that is really necessary.)
Skilled player (1650)
Challenger wrote:
I stumbled with more improvements
This can hardly be called stumbling!