Here is my movie for the Genesis version of Lion King, almost 100 seconds faster than Ouzo's previously submitted one. This game roughly follows the plot of the 16th highest grossing movie worldwide, but if you are watching this 'tool-assisted speedrun' for the story, you will be missing out.
Significant notes:
  • The first four levels are pretty much the same as in Ouzo's movie, only with minor optimizations.
  • I somehow managed to outrun an instant-kill boulder in level 5; you are supposed to be forced to jump over it.
  • I hit the boss of level 6 one more time than you are supposed to, although this has little effect on time gained.
  • I skip two of the three drawn-out hyena kill-fests in level 7. Despite my hardest efforts, I wasn't able to skip the third.
  • Slashing while jumping as adult Simba gives an extra height boost.
  • Yes, the 'boss' of stage 8 is really boring.
  • Scar, the boss of the game, was disposed of much quicker due to a better fighting technique.
Note: This submission is a couple frames longer, because I ended the previous one too early. Sorry about that.

Bisqwit: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #602: Dan_'s Genesis Lion King in 14:40.97
Former player
I like it. You did a lot of things I had no idea about (like skipping the cheetahs in level 7 and the fighting technique for scar). I also like the way you handled level 8 (I hate that level). Though, I still don't like your level 4, but I guess it's not a big deal. Good job on level 7 and 9. Very good fighting techniques. I wouldn't have expected you to be 100 seconds faster, so great job. Obvious yes vote from me.
Very nice, the scar fight was very quick. What else can I say? Also, what are the differences between the Genisis version and the SNES version, if any? I only have played the SNES version and remember it being pretty difficult and am interested in what the differences between the two might be.
I'm glad you fixed this so fast. Voted yes because it was entertaining and it doesn't look like there are any flaws. Thanks for answering my question too.
Added ending gets my "yes" vote.
"We observe the behaviour of simple folk, and derive pleasure from their defects." -Aristotle - Book of Humour
A defienitive yes!
Former player
So, yeah...
I voted yes as not only it is excelent quality but also it is the very first game I played. A+
Player (24)
Yes voted. My favourite Movie and great game. And the Run looks great too and fast.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
I thought at the start some jumps could be made, but i dont know if it would make it any faster. Besides the elephant graveyard, the young simba run didnt impress me that much. But when simba turned adult the movie got really impressive and entertaining, excellent quality. yes vote
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [354] Genesis The Lion King by Dan_ in 14:40.97
The nicely done animations made it particular fun to watch this movie. A fast run, too. YES vote. I didn't quite understand why you received several hits by hyenas though, it seemed not necessary. But then again, maybe I just didn't read the earlier posts thoroughly enough and that's what I get for it..
Erklärung der Relativität: "Wenn du deine Nase in meinen Po steckst, haben wir beide eine Nase im Po. Nur ich bin relativ besser dran."