A 1 player warpless run that is 2:12 faster than FODA's version.
Some parts of the movie are the same than the warpfull version because it's directly copied to save my free time ;)

DeHackEd: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #604: Phil, Genisto's NES Battletoads "1p warpless" in 24:20.12
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Very nice, I love the number of levels where you were able to die while finishing, especially when actually helped finish a level faster. Of course once you've seen one or the other the last few levels are the same, but both are very good.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
I think this is FASTEST possible time, someone that voted "meh" please explain. *edit yea i meant "meh", not "no"*
Player (84)
Phil & Genisto.. From what i have just seen then, i cant wait for you to do Battle Maniacs. Vote yes indeed. Who ever said " Meh" explain.
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Former player
I'm afraid I can't not approve of this video. I do have one minor complaint though. In your 1p warps run, you killed your toad after the movie ended, but not in this one, even though it seems like killing yourself was a goal. Bad luck during the final battle?
Active player (410)
Bad luck. It was the fastest time to beat the game without losing too much time.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
you could do it after killing the dark queen, but you want to end recording as soon as possible. i think this goes into the same cathegory as super mario 1. i think its ok to kill dark queen and continue recording a bit to kill the toad. the measuring to compare movies is the exact frame you last hit dark queen, which you can inform on the submission text.
Active player (410)
That's what YOU did in your videos and that's what we didn't do in our 2 player run. Normally, we must stop after the first text because by pressing buttons, we can avoid that text which saves a little time.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
i disagree with that, that text is part of the ending, you are skipping an ending sequence
Active player (410)
Well, it could be done when recoding to AVI :P
Vatchern wrote:
Phil & Genisto.. From what i have just seen then, i cant wait for you to do Battle Maniacs. Vote yes indeed. Who ever said " Meh" explain.
Probably Zurreco, he said that the warpfull run is looking really flawed.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [320] NES Battletoads "warpless, 1 player" by Phil, Genisto in 24:20.12
Wow. This is great. I did not see any place where it could really be improved.