(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator used: DeSmuME_0.9.11_x64
  • Mario Party Boss Bash Any % TAS
This can help players reach sub 4 min IGT
Thatchbro TAS Guide V.2
Feed and Seed 1:07:25
Go as close to the bottom to execute right after he opens his mouth. Under 1:07:80 is OK
Hammer Chime 19:11
Be fast as possible. Remember you can start earlier as you think ! Right when the screen turns lighter .
Hexoskeleton 30:50
RNG heaven. This is just pure luck . Sorry but that's the reality. 30 sec has been done starting with the blue button the last runs. Here you need under 32 sec definitely!
Book Bash 1:25:31
Most important here is firing the paintballs aka the fire trick. Don't spam the button. Instead hit once then hold till it pops out 3 paintballs and repeat.
  • First wave: try hit one at the side then fire as much as possible on top of his head.
  • Second wave: Start firing IMMEDIATELY after the golden book has passed. Here you do only the fire trick and go bit down on the last 3-4 balls.
  • Third wave: Fire trick then finish at his side. its 50/50 if its right or left side.
Good time here is under 1:28.
Bowser`s Block party 30:56
  • First wave: hit the end of the wall behind him. Wait and finish when the block has tilted.
  • Second wave: hit as fast as possible after he has spitted out fire.
  • Third wave: get perfect angle to hit 3 times . Then wait for him to return and hit 2 times. Tactic discovered on the same day the TAS was uploaded.

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: This movie is overall sloppy for a TAS. The menu inputs at the start are not optimized at all. While this run seems to aim for in-game time (IGT), it is slower than known records. Check the discussion thread for specific examples. As a side note, you did not provide a verification movie for this run. This is necessary for runs which start from a non-empty save.
Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5804: thatchbro's DS Mario Party DS "Boss Bash" in 10:07.68
Post subject: [TAS] Mario Party DS Boss Bash 3:52:73 by Thatchbro
thatchbro
He/Him
Link to video WORLD RECORD [TAS] Mario Party DS Boss Bash 3:52:73 by Thatchbro The reason why it says 10 min instead of 3:52 on movie lenght is because of RnG manipulation on Hexoskeleton. To do so you need to go to practice mode to check what order is going to be executed IF you pressed Start button . When finding the perfect combination to trigger 30 seconds you have to make a save state before the menu. I cut the RnG manipulation lenght on youtube video. Also check my guide on https://www.speedrun.com/mariopartyds/guide/048u5 Hope you found the TAS video interesting.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2284)
> Mashing Opening Input > Slowest Damn Human Menuing Under the Sun. > Enables the Description Setting of Each Battle Slowing the TAStime. > About 20 Seconds of Blank Frames at the Ending. (no point on Spiking this cause...) > Unlockable Mode. > Probably half assed IGT focused TAS. Especially with a rerecord count of 325. > No SRAM anchor. Which basically means no one will be able to verify your TAS therefore your TAS has a very high chance of being rejected. -> Alternatively: No Verification Movie > Boss Rush (I know it says "Bash" but it's basically a Boss Rush mode). Basically the reason why a Kirby "boss rush" TAS doesn't exist. You're a moderator to a game who should understand what the purpose of TASing is, but you provided this? Going off what I saw including your menuing. I'm going to go on the assumption as nothing is provided, that your TAS is suboptimal. Just to show it off as a side-by-side. I went to GameFAQs just so I can show, and so I can see how much of your TAS can sync with it (desynced at the start with Feed and Seed). Ontop of that GoddessMaria has a better Hammer Chime than you. She kicked in a 18.76. A niconico TAS cracked in an 18.90 right behind GoddessMaria. Nice RNG "manipulation".
thatchbro wrote:
Hope you found the TAS video interesting.
By "interesting" I hope you mean, what I just ended up doing to your TAS. Then Yes. If not. Then No. Abstained Vote.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (543)
The goal of TASing is not submitting guides for players. TAS is all about entertainment and pushing games towards their limits. The guide you submitted in speedrun.com is enough for players for real-time runs.
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
thatchbro
He/Him
Slowest damn human menuing the screen ? This is about IGT . Fast menu select is worthless. This run is the fastest any % at the moment . I am new to TAS and the other requirements are fully understandable . I can do a faster TAS with hammer chime . Hexoskeleton can be done in 29 sec but need more patience . I understand if IGT runs are not acceptable RnG manipulation is only on hexoskeleton . Not hammer chime that was just slow . Read properly man . Bowser , book bash and feed and seed are perfect . You also need description setting to use RNG manipulation on Hexo . You dont understand how this game works so why bother .
Spikestuff wrote:
> Mashing Opening Input > Slowest Damn Human Menuing Under the Sun. > Enables the Description Setting of Each Battle Slowing the TAStime. > About 20 Seconds of Blank Frames at the Ending. (no point on Spiking this cause...) > Unlockable Mode. > Probably half assed IGT focused TAS. Especially with a rerecord count of 325. > No SRAM anchor. Which basically means no one will be able to verify your TAS therefore your TAS has a very high chance of being rejected. -> Alternatively: No Verification Movie > Boss Rush (I know it says "Bash" but it's basically a Boss Rush mode). Basically the reason why a Kirby "boss rush" TAS doesn't exist. You're a moderator to a game who should understand what the purpose of TASing is, but you provided this? Going off what I saw including your menuing. I'm going to go on the assumption as nothing is provided, that your TAS is suboptimal. Just to show it off as a side-by-side. I went to GameFAQs just so I can show, and so I can see how much of your TAS can sync with it (desynced at the start with Feed and Seed). Ontop of that GoddessMaria has a better Hammer Chime than you. She kicked in a 18.76. A niconico TAS cracked in an 18.90 right behind GoddessMaria. Nice RNG "manipulation".
thatchbro wrote:
By "interesting" I hope you mean, what I just ended up doing to your TAS. Then Yes. If not. Then No. Abstained Vote.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3966)
thatchbro wrote:
Slowest damn human menuing the screen ? This is about IGT . Fast menu select is worthless.
It matters for the site, the site isn't going to judge just based off of IGT.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
thatchbro
He/Him
I accept that . Boss Bash is about IGT then I totally understand . Just delete the movie .
EZGames69 wrote:
thatchbro wrote:
Slowest damn human menuing the screen ? This is about IGT . Fast menu select is worthless.
It matters for the site, the site isn't going to judge just based off of IGT.
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
thatchbro wrote:
This is about IGT . Fast menu select is worthless.
This doesn't mean your input in the menu can be sloppy. We judge the whole TAS.
thatchbro wrote:
I can do a faster TAS with hammer chime . Hexoskeleton can be done in 29 sec but need more patience.
Submission Form wrote:
Please read the Submission Instructions before submitting a movie. In particular, please ensure that your movie is complete (not a work in progress), and that it beats all known records if going for speed. Works in progress may be posted in the WIP thread or other places. If you are simply looking for a place to store your movie files for distribution to other members, please consider user files.
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
thatchbro
He/Him
If you judge the whole TAS then the video is not interesting . Thank you for the info
Masterjun wrote:
thatchbro wrote:
This is about IGT . Fast menu select is worthless.
This doesn't mean your input in the menu can be sloppy. We judge the whole TAS.
thatchbro wrote:
I can do a faster TAS with hammer chime . Hexoskeleton can be done in 29 sec but need more patience.
Submission Form wrote:
Please read the Submission Instructions before submitting a movie. In particular, please ensure that your movie is complete (not a work in progress), and that it beats all known records if going for speed. Works in progress may be posted in the WIP thread or other places. If you are simply looking for a place to store your movie files for distribution to other members, please consider user files.
thatchbro
He/Him
thatchbro wrote:
Slowest damn human menuing the screen ? This is about IGT . Fast menu select is worthless. This run is the fastest any % at the moment . I am new to TAS and the other requirements are fully understandable . I can do a faster TAS with hammer chime . Hexoskeleton can be done in 29 sec but need more patience . I understand if IGT runs are not acceptable RnG manipulation is only on hexoskeleton . Not hammer chime that was just slow . Read properly man . Bowser , book bash and feed and seed are perfect . You also need description setting to use RNG manipulation on Hexo . You dont understand how this game works so why bother .
Spikestuff wrote:
thatchbro wrote:
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3966)
thatchbro wrote:
If you judge the whole TAS then the video is not interesting
We judge the whole tas. Regardless of if the rest of the video is "boring." The whole idea of a TAS is to start from power on to the last input to reach what is considered the end of the game. That even includes stuff that may not even be counted in RTA runs (example would be zelda's text in OoT after defeating Ganon) We dont operate like speedrun.com.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
thatchbro
He/Him
As what McBoBX said then I understand that this run is not a verified TAS run . I was using TAS tools for achieving this time but this is not a whole TAS run. Sorry for interrupting youre time .
EZGames69 wrote:
thatchbro wrote:
If you judge the whole TAS then the video is not interesting
We judge the whole tas. Regardless of if the rest of the video is "boring." The whole idea of a TAS is to start from power on to the last input to reach what is considered the end of the game. That even includes stuff that may not even be counted in RTA runs (example would be zelda's text in OoT after defeating Ganon) We dont operate like speedrun.com.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2284)
You focused on nearly all my points but you missed the major two on why it's definitely going to be rejected, if the other points are invalid (which they're not).
Spikestuff wrote:
> No SRAM anchor. Which basically means no one will be able to verify your TAS therefore your TAS has a very high chance of being rejected. -> Alternatively: No Verification Movie
thatchbro wrote:
That's not an excuse. Also you blatantly proved this point right further.
Spikestuff wrote:
> Probably half assed IGT focused TAS. Especially with a rerecord count of 325.
So good job on that.
thatchbro wrote:
RnG manipulation is only on hexoskeleton. Not hammer chime that was just slow. Read properly man. You also need description setting to use RNG manipulation on Hexo.
> When you write the point down as a post and not in the submission details about the TAS. Haaaaaaaaaaaaave you met pause buffering to stall the length of entering a boss fight and seeing if that works?
thatchbro wrote:
You dont understand how this game works so why bother.
Remove the word "this" and change the word "game" to "TASing", then apply it to yourself. Cause you're not even using the touch screen.
thatchbro wrote:
If you judge the whole TAS then the video is not interesting.
Not our fault that you can't menu to save a life. Doesn't matter. Game can be an autoscroller for all we care, and even if that's suboptimal in every part except the boss (in that case also the boss) it'll become rejected.
thatchbro wrote:
I was using TAS tools for achieving this time but this is not a whole TAS run.
Not even close to the full (or half) extent. Have a nice day.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry