this is a 377 487 537 frame improvement of the previous movie: #5726: EZGames69's GB Mickey's Dangerous Chase in 11:55.33
I'll just explain the improvements.
  • Jump near any ledge with a low ceiling and headbutt it, this preserves mickey's falling speed.
  • Made Mickey jump faster on a few ledges so he doesnt keep hitting walls.
  • reduced lag in some of the autoscroller stages while syncing mickey's movements to the music in 2-3 (and found that the unavoidable car in 4-3 can be avoided after all)
  • 3-2 had a few route changes, instead of going left after taking damage from the spider, I go right. this is to bonk the ceiling to move mickey down to the floor faster, allowing mickey to jump sooner and was able to get past the bat there without throwing a block at it.
  • overall tighter optimization.
Thanks ThunderAxe for doing an encode when youtube wouldnt let me upload mine.

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
ThunderAxe31: File replaced with a 110-frame improvement.
ThunderAxe31: File replaced with a 50-frame improvement.
ThunderAxe31: Well done. Accepting as improvement of the published movie.
thecoreyburton: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5806: EZGames69's GB Mickey's Dangerous Chase in 11:46.34
Judge, Skilled player (1278)
Well done! I'm making a temp encode.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3964)
ThunderAxe31 wrote:
Well done! I'm making a temp encode.
Thank you!
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
EZGames69
He/They
So I noticed a few time saves I can do in some of the later stages, I'll be updating them hopefully later this week if my work and school schedule allow me to.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
EZGames69
He/They
I have updated the movie to include a few time saves. some of the more notable changes: in 3-2 at the end of the level, where I do the ceiling trick before getting to goofy. in 5-1, I dont take damage at the end, this is so I can skip the first encounter of Pete in the final stage. during the actual Pete fight, I found out you can throw another block at him before you take damage, this makes the fight faster than before. here is the new file: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/44873115761686393
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3625] GB Mickey's Dangerous Chase by EZGames69 in 11:46.34
Here are some extra encodes of this run. Higher resolutions are based on the game's native resolution and are scaled at 2x, 3x and 4x respectively: Direct Downloads: 10bit444 MKV: 144p, 288p, 432p, 576p Compatibility MP4: 144p, 288p, 432p, 576p Torrents: 10bit444 MKV: 144p, 288p, 432p, 576p Compatibility MP4: 144p, 288p, 432p, 576p To download these files you may have to right click on the link and select "save link as" (this option may be named differently depending on your web browser).
I'm not as active as I once was, but I can be reached here if I should be needed.
Evan0512
He/Him
It was an JPN version. Can you use a USA version?
Planned runs: Marble Madness (Arcade, Genesis J, GG/SMS) Proposed: Ecco the Dolphin (Genesis, GG/SMS, CD: regular, camera freeze) Ecco: The Tides of Time (Genesis, GG/SMS, CD; normal mode) Mario Kart DS (all cups, all missions) In progress: Grand Poo World 3 (all exits hard mode)
EZGames69
He/They
Evan0512 wrote:
It was an JPN version. Can you use a USA version?
Japanese version is faster, so I used that. Edit: should also mention that the Japanese version for whatever reason combinds the last two dialogue boxes that would be in the English version. This make me able to end input alot sooner.