Submission Text Full Submission Page
<Aladdin is a port of SNES version to NES. Almost each of levels are there.
When I was a child I had a "Dandy" (Dandy is a Taiwanese hardware clone of the Family Computer) So, I had a Famicom and I couldn't even realize that I had the pathetic clone. And obviously there was a lot of unlicensed games as well. Aladdin is one of them. >

Game objectives

• Emulator used: <BizHawk-2.0.1>
  • <To beat the game as quickly as possible.>

Stage by stage comments

<1-A>

<Run to the victory. The best way to save time is jump over the enemies. Sadly the snakes is too high.>

<1-B>

<Almost the same view but with stairs. Tossed an apple in a guy because it's the best way to avoid>

<1-C>

<Night covered the city, in the level a lot of new things. Impossible jump over pits, so took a rag on a rope>

<1-D>

<The first boss of the game. Easy guy as hell, but really boring killing him. After hit he's untouchable, so you wait...>

<2-A>

<Taking damage to save the time. Don't know what is that manuscript.>

<2-B>

<Raft is here! Slow and boring but enough time to play.>

<3-A>

<Self-moving cam. Found a bug to get over the screen, tried to finish the level blindly but hopeless. Finish checkpoint spawns only with cam.>

<3-B>

<What can i say. Just fly and avoid the falling rocks>

<4-A>

<There's a great bug to skip Genie's help. The bug impossible to do with first jump (idk why)>

<4-B>

<Nothing special. just run run run.>

<4-C>

<The same theme. By the way, if you jump in the pink thing, the game will crash.>

<5-A>

<Sand under your foots is moving you, but it doesn't disturb you at all while you running>

<5-B>

<Nothing special>

<Bonus Level>

<Cannot be skipped. Even if don't take that manuscript>

<6-A>

<Last level before the main boss. The latest platform always running away.>

<6-B>

<Finally, the boss. The bug i found a lot time ago how to skip him.>

Other comments

This is my first publication over, so probably I did some mistakes.
You can find the rom here: (just in case)SiteRules
Well, i know my descriptions of levels are rubbish. But really, nothing comes to mind.
More information about the game: https://tcrf.net/Aladdin_(NES,_Hummer_Team)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5840: Kasha's NES Aladdin (Unlicensed) in 13:13.79
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Judge, Active player (303)
I found other ROMs labelled [!] in the same zip of this one, are you sure ROM you used is the best one? The 3 ROMS labelled [!] look like the same game. Can you explain why did you use this one ? EDIT : I'm making a temp encode...
Dwedit
He/Him
There are multiple versions of the game. Not every version plays the game music correctly, and not every version animates the backgrounds correctly. This is one of the earliest dumped versions of Aladdin, hacked to MMC3, and does not have the music issue, but does not animate the backgrounds at all. The ending graphic is also glitched.
Player (84)
ViGadeomes wrote:
I found other ROMs labelled [!] in the same zip of this one, are you sure ROM you used is the best one? The 3 ROMS labelled [!] look like the same game. Can you explain why did you use this one ? EDIT : I'm making a temp encode...
Yea i know about other version of the game. When I was looking for a good version of the game I ran into a problem with sound, so i found the best version of ROM, checked whole game and bug at the end (to skip boss). Everything was fine.
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Kasha wrote:
Yea i know about other version of the game. When I was looking for a good version of the game I ran into a problem with sound, so i found the best version of ROM, checked whole game and bug at the end (to skip boss). Everything was fine.
Ok, I wanted to be sure this ROM was the closest ROM of the "original" game on NES. Also, temp encode (finally) : Link to video
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Awesome run, man! Really nice... i didn't know about the Jafar trick. I started running this a while ago and gave up,since i wanted the genie lvl glitch to be in 1 shot but i couln't get it. Too bad the autoscroller screen clip don't work either... i tried that, expecting nice results and ended up pretty dissapointed. I probably would've saved some apples to kill enemies in your way, to gain time But all in all really nice and yes vote, for sure ViGadeomes Thx for the encode, man!
XYZ
Former player
Best SNES to NES downgrade. Not so glitchy as this version, but this time it's real full long game. Yes vote.
Dwedit
He/Him
The clean rom is named "Aladdin (Unl) (As) (Hummer Team) [!].nes" and is Mapper 90.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Nice End Boss. Other than that, this is a remarkably impressive port of the game. The TAS looked solid too. Voting yes.
scrimpeh wrote:
Nice End Boss. Other than that, this is a remarkably impressive port of the game. The TAS looked solid too. Voting yes.
It looks good on a superplay but it has the same garbage controls that all Hummer Team games have.
Active player (405)
For the first boss, can't you interrupt his long attack animation by hitting him with an apple? I seem to remember you being able to do that in the SNES port
Player (84)
Heisanevilgenius wrote:
For the first boss, can't you interrupt his long attack animation by hitting him with an apple? I seem to remember you being able to do that in the SNES port
Oh god. I didn't try it. And now i test it. It works...
Player (84)
I redo my submission as soon as possible. ViGadeomes - Thanks a lot for the video, but please delete it.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry
ViGadeomes
He/Him
Kasha wrote:
I redo my submission as soon as possible. ViGadeomes - Thanks a lot for the video, but please delete it.
no problem, I'll redo it when you'll submit your improvment :)