• マンタを最適化し17秒、ボステレサでフルーツを3連続で揃える方法を見つけ20秒程更新

マーレいりえ

• アプローチの変更による更新、ストーリー4ではショットガンを上に向かって撃ち沈むスピードを上げている

コロナマウンテン

• 泥船の最適化とロケットノズルの上昇を保存する技で更新

クッパ戦

• ダイブ復帰中にロケットノズルを使う事で移動を更新

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: As multiple people have tried and failed to sync this movie, more information about computer specs and Dolphin configuration should be provided (unless someone else trying to sync the run figures it out on their own). As such, setting to decision: needs more info, until exact info on how to sync the movie is posted.
Noxxa: Info on required hardware to sync the run has been provided and confirmed; now setting to delayed until it is determined if, given this requirement, a staff member or approved user can dump/encode the movie for publication purposes.
Noxxa: The above has now happened, so resetting to judging underway.
Noxxa: Excellent quality TAS, with high-precision movement and action all over the place. Viewer response was very good. Accepting to Moons, although I can also see it getting a star (as multiple people have suggested), once a starman has reviewed it.
thecoreyburton: I'll be processing this one, though it may take a little while.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
hello, there i thread on /r/speedrun that mention that TAS but add goldfire as a co-author; is it the case ?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Looking at nicovideo. 制作:大福,Goldfire Looking at YouTube. Player zelpikukirby, Goldfire Yeah, looks like the case. That'll be fixed before publication.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
That was a great way to spend just over an hour, voted yes! Also, I'll take this for publication if this gets accepted. I'm currently checking emulator sync but haven't had any luck (on two separate machines). If anyone gets it working, please let me know (I'll edit this post once I've managed to get it working). Edit: Looks like DwainiumB got it to sync, with the requirement being an Intel 3000 Series Integrated GPU. For anyone wondering on how to prevent hardware dependent sync, there is a way to make your Dolphin runs hardware-agnostic. Always check to make sure your information is up to date.
I'm not as active as I once was, but I can be reached here if I should be needed.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
After several years, finally a TAS of this game is submitted. Back on 2014, I watched that TAS and was surprised how was much optimized, including unexpected skips (since I have played this game on the same year). Now after 4 years, watching your run, you did a great work overall! Yes vote.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Active player (432)
Uhm I hope this tas gets tremendous amount of reckognition because the artistry alone was spectacular!! You can definitely get the sense that the author spent huge amount of time putting effort during the waiting periods. Yes vote and a star!
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
Very much yes vote! Fast paced movement, interesting tricks, and fun playarounds. Shame that Sunshine has so many cutscenes at the start but still a very fun TAS.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
Man, the GC/Wii TAS of the year award is going to have some major competition. Yes vote!
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
I highly enjoyed this one. Voted yes.
Spikestuff wrote:
Looking at nicovideo. 制作:大福,Goldfire Looking at YouTube. Player zelpikukirby, Goldfire Yeah, looks like the case. That'll be fixed before publication.
thanks, also great run, easy yes vote
Easy yes vote. Should even be a star. This tas was amazing. Would love to see a 120 shines of this game.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
thecoreyburton wrote:
That was a great way to spend just over an hour, voted yes! Also, I'll take this for publication if this gets accepted. I'm currently checking emulator sync but haven't had any luck (on two separate machines). If anyone gets it working, please let me know (I'll edit this post once I've managed to get it working).
For what it's worth, it needs the proprietary DSP LLE roms (dsp_coef.bin and dsp_rom.bin), not those that come with Dolphin. These have to be put in (on a usual config) C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC.
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
What a time to be alive. Twilight Princess, and now sunshine have incredible TASes. Impressive playaround with all the wait time, and even though I've seen the RTA run a million times, this had enough to keep me surprised. The yes votes don't get any easier folks.
Player (57)
Holy freakin' crap. Now I'm BEGGING for a 100% run!
GJTASer2018
He/Him
Crude English translation of the submission text (thanks to Google Translate with a little help from Super Mario Wiki):
Rough stage-by-stage update Delfino Plaza You can shorten the wait time by dying after spawning the Polluted Piranha. Bianco Hills Fine optimization is the main improvement. Four seconds were saved by optimizing Petey Piranha's routing in Episode 5. Gelato Beach Fruit transport optimized here. Pianta Village Improved routing and utilization of methods to separate objects while standing still. Pinna Park The run was shortened by at least one minute by a technique that allows clearing Episode 6 without having to clear Episode 5 first. Rico Harbor Optimized approach to the Secret Stage using technique to accumulate speed while Mario is rotating. Sirena Beach Optimized manta fight to save 17 seconds. Found way to get three consecutive fruit in a row during King Boo boss fight to save about 20 seconds. Noki Bay Episode 4 was updated with a faster approach to the Eely-Mouth fight. Corona Mountain Boat movement optimized and technique used to maintain height from Rocket Nozzle blast longer. Final Bowser Battle Used Rocket Nozzle to speed up returning to the main arena after diving to hit the weak points.
c-square wrote:
Yes, standard runs are needed and very appreciated here too
Dylon Stejakoski wrote:
Me and the boys starting over our games of choice for the infinityieth time in a row because of just-found optimizations
^ Why I don't have any submissions despite being on the forums for years now...
fsvgm777 wrote:
For what it's worth, it needs the proprietary DSP LLE roms
I initially tried both the Dolphin versions and the proprietary ones with the latter getting me much further into the run. That information saves me trying to do tests twice (once for each DSP rom set), so thank you! I've done a number of different tests so far on each of my PCs (Nvidia & AMD), each using a clean extract of Dolphin 5.0-114. Assuming I only change the settings listed in the submission and keep everything else as is (including resolution), my Nvidia PC gets to the first Sirena Beach Shine Sprite but get a different Phantamanta split. This leads some of the water to miss and causes a desync. On my AMD PC, Mario gets stuck and doesn't get past Bianco Hills. Using my Nvidia Machine, if I set the game to run at 2x Native Resolution, the run desyncs after getting F.L.U.D.D. but before leaving the airstrip. The video backend chosen affects the sync, too, with OpenGL desyncing sooner than Direct3D 11. I'll be retrying on both my AMD and Nvidia machines at native resolution (as it seems the most promising) using each of the backends shortly, to see if any provide a sync.
I'm not as active as I once was, but I can be reached here if I should be needed.
Experienced player (630)
thecoreyburton wrote:
desync
Uh oh... :S
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
Easy yes vote. This deserves a star. Ill give it a try and see if it syncs.
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1637)
Yes...very yes!!!
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
GJTASer2018
He/Him
Kurabupengin wrote:
thecoreyburton wrote:
desync
Let's hope this isn't the second coming of the sync nightmare that took down itsPersonnal's Metroid Prime submission! :(
c-square wrote:
Yes, standard runs are needed and very appreciated here too
Dylon Stejakoski wrote:
Me and the boys starting over our games of choice for the infinityieth time in a row because of just-found optimizations
^ Why I don't have any submissions despite being on the forums for years now...
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
GJTASer2018 wrote:
Kurabupengin wrote:
thecoreyburton wrote:
desync
Let's hope this isn't the second coming of the sync nightmare that took down itsPersonnal's Metroid Prime submission! :(
That submission never synced for anyone in the first place, not even the author
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
GJTASer2018 wrote:
I think it will sync for someone, though I strongly suspect a dependence on PC hardware and Dolphin settings (such as resolution or anti-aliasing), like in previous cases. If we had the original configurations, it might be easier to trial different machines knowing that the emulation settings aren't the problem.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
Just as thecoreyburton says, it desyncs for me in the first mission of Sirena Beach, it would help if the author publishes all the settings of his Dolphin emulator aswell as the specs of computer. I did try OpenGL and Direct3D 11 and 12 and all of them desync in the same spot. My setup is a laptop with Intel Core i7-6700HQ with NVidia GTX 950M.
Editor, Expert player (2312)
Just for future reference, I believe that Pinna Park 1 is improvable. After getting the 2nd rocket, you can spray water to get a 3rd. I worked on a TAS some years ago where I did this but I accidentally deleted the progress and couldn't reproduce it. It seems very specific. Might save 1 or 2 sec. EDIT: Oh, I'm seeing you waited for Mechabowser's stun to wear off... So nevermind.
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (775)
Simply fantastic. Yes vote. Hope to see Super Mario Galaxy any% TAS one day.