Submission Text Full Submission Page
Bad luck in the octopus fight
Only 5 days to make it
100% is all stores, all heart containers and all big blocks one time
Sorry for the meme
2345 rerecords
(Info about the game)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%27s_Magical_Quest#Disney's_Magical_Quest_3_Starring_Mickey_&_Donald

GoddessMaria: Judging...
GoddessMaria: Hello, jmosx36, and welcome to TASVideos.
Unfortunately your submission does not fit the site criteria to be accepted. The optimization levels are not good and the audience response is, overall, low too. I recommend that you post your movies and Work-In-Progress (WIP) files into the corresponding game's thread and make use of the feedback given to you. This greatly helps improve the quality of your movies and possibly increase the chance of being accepted. By all means, keep trying.
In the meantime, I'm rejecting this for poor optimization and entertainment.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Thanks for the encode (and the "sorry for the meme" warning) The game is good, and the run seems like a great start. I'm not sure if that was quite enough rerecords, though, because the whole run felt slightly inefficient throughout. I'm not familiar at all with the game, though, and only watched the encode. Ostrich boss fight: you only took the left block to hurt it with, would it be faster to just use the right block? Pirate boss: the first time, you'd usually wait for your hammer to recharge some before hitting him again. The second time, you hit him a lot more repeatedly. Which is the faster play? Octopus boss: when he's swimming in from the right side, you were letting most of its body in the screen before swinging the hammer. Is that the earliest it was vulnerable? And just general movements going through levels were sometimes iffy. These are nitpicks though. The run is mostly alright, and the game is colorful. Now, the real question is: Is there a 2P mode? Faster, longer, better movie potential there?
Active player (434)
this is on hard mode, it has more enemies and bosses have more health,but same patterns yes,there is 2p mode and i'm not sure it's faster,bosses have more health and i found no way to hit simultaneously,also mickey is faster than donald, but i'm not sure whether you guys will accept separate categories.There is some small space for cooperation so maybe that makes the game faster.Jumping in donald barrel or genie hand for example. i only TASed the first stage and i watched your first stage and you could have hit the crow with an earlier block to make sure you don't wait for it to go away.You can't swim with a block but you can jump on the water surface. there's a part in the desert he simply stops walking,the fight against cannon boss could have reflected shots earlier,a lot of the boss fights don't look very optimized and i'm sure loses a few frames in movement as well i wish i could TAS this but i'm busy so i'm glad you made this attempt,good luck on your future TASing but i don't think this is enough right now. https://www.speedrun.com/Magical_Quest_3_Starring_Mickey_and_Donald#Hard_w_Donald
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
Took a quick look at the game and it doesn't appear to have the same momentum maintenance tricks the other Magical Quest games and the Illusion games had, which is unfortunate.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
jmosx36
He/Him
Player (123)
TwistedEye Octopus boss: when he's swimming in from the right side, you were letting most of its body in the screen before swinging the hammer. Is that the earliest it was vulnerable? that moment is where the hitbox is activated and I hit it in the first frame grassini there's a part in the desert he simply stops walking at the moment of firing the magic attack donald is stopped by his animation, in fact, you can see that jump and start the shot so that it does not happen
Currently making a route for Super Bomberman 5 200% TASes i'm planning: aero fighters, tg3000 (again), gradius 3, bust a move, bust a move plus, gradius rebirth, smg, smg2, mp9, gh3 (wii)
jmosx36
He/Him
Player (123)
Twisted Eye Ostrich boss fight: you only took the left block to hurt it with, would it be faster to just use the right block? I think taking the block on the right would not make a difference
Currently making a route for Super Bomberman 5 200% TASes i'm planning: aero fighters, tg3000 (again), gradius 3, bust a move, bust a move plus, gradius rebirth, smg, smg2, mp9, gh3 (wii)
Skilled player (1435)
It is nearly 2 minutes slower than old Dark Fulgore's TAS.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Archanfel wrote:
It is nearly 2 minutes slower than old Dark Fulgore's TAS.
It's not a good idea to compare it to a 2 player and a Normal difficulty to a 1 player, specifically Donald and Hard difficulty. It's easier just to point out it's his 3rd TAS he made. There's opening input issues with his menuing, there's 32 frames of blank input at the end (stuff that's been brought up in the past). And there's guaranteed issues with his input within the and transitioning to the levels. As well as the questionable rerecord count to TAStime... especially for a TAS that was made in snes9x.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Skilled player (1435)
Well, it is true, this comparison not fully correct. But in any case this game can be completed faster with 2-players, so i see not reasons (beside laziness) to even choose 1-Player mode. I voted NO.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
XYZ
Former player
This game is from the type of games where the presence of the second player will be the main condition of interest. Like BattleToads and Double Dragon or Goof Troops. This run includes small mistakes like pausing before crow in first level, but also pluses for me like flower-duck boss, very fast. No vote.
GoddessMaria
She/Her
Reviewer, Experienced player (849)
Is there any last responses in regards to this submission? If you do, please do so now.
Current projects: failing at life
jmosx36
He/Him
Player (123)
Well, the last thing I have to say is that at least I took the initiative to do the TAS to a game that hadie wanted to do it. At this point I say: "I do not even care if they reject me or accept it, I'll accept it"
Active player (434)
i have a strong belief this game may not be faster with 2 characters, and speedruns.com has both mickey and donald, but do as you wish.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
jmosx36
He/Him
Player (123)
grassini i have a strong belief this game may not be faster with 2 characters, and speedruns.com has both mickey and donald, but do as you wish. In fact, 2 players is more fast because the hammer is most recharged for each player in some bosses (alterning punches) but, is more slow for the lag generation (more in the water)
Editor
jmosx36 wrote:
Twisted Eye Ostrich boss fight: you only took the left block to hurt it with, would it be faster to just use the right block? I think taking the block on the right would not make a difference
In other words, you didn't bother checking.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!