(Link to video)
Originally I never intended to submit this run, but I'll gave a exception, since 1st april also is "april fool's".
The SNES version of this game not only has more stages but has a training mode that walks you through some basic traps and concepts step-by-step. There are no tutorial messages, but the first of five training stages doesn't even have any deadly fall. It gets gradually more dangerous, but things remain focused and easier than even the first normal level. After training 5, it returns to tittle screen.
Game objectives
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time (actually used on training 2, once)
  • Some "invisible lag" reduction (thanks a specific address).
  • Uses pause (select button) to save 1-3 frames at the end of training 1-4.
  • Moving during the menu doesn't cost time, since actually you need to wait until the end of jingle.
  • Skips every guard of training 5.
  • Submit something to April fool's (this run was done months ago, but this one is an improvement of 13 frames).
Also, there's a segmented run of this training mode (speed demos archive).

Noxxa: Even if it is a "training" mode, it has its own set of levels and still features TAS-like gameplay optimization. Accepting to the Vault as a separate level set/game mode.
feos: Pub.
feos: In the manual this is called "Training mode" and "training levels", so both are equally correct.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5894: Challenger's SNES Prince of Persia "Training mode" in 03:31.10
Editor, Active player (296)
Those crazy Iranians and their wacky architecture! Play looks clean. Video encoding stops abruptly though, one is left wondering what happens next. Why stop here. Even if it returns to the title screen, the fact would have been good to see in the video. Of course this is a problem with the encoding, not with the submitted movie.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
Bisqwit wrote:
Video encoding stops abruptly though, one is left wondering what happens next. Why stop here. Even if it returns to the title screen, the fact would have been good to see in the video.
Fixed. EDIT: I forgot to mention before, but if someone wonders about "that" noise on tittle screen, probably it's an emulation bug.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
InputEvelution
She/Her
Editor, Player (13)
Very smooth and optimised run, not the most entertaining run but still entertaining enough to justify a "Yes" vote.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3670] SNES Prince of Persia "Training mode" by Challenger in 03:31.10
eien86
He/Him
Judge, Skilled player (1698)
Just ran this movie using my bot to calibrate it in preparation of running the whole game. Found out Challenger's movie is already bot-perfect. The movie I've uploaded below is 10 frames faster, only due to emulator differences (mine is snes9x; Challenger's is BSNES). Clap Clap Challenger, you win this round ò_ó https://tasvideos.org/UserFiles/Info/638045669180422409