This is not a speedrun. This is Super Mario Bros completed without running.
That's right, I don't press the B button at all during this movie.
One would think it's impossible to complete SMB without pressing B, but I've proven those suspicions wrong.
Some of the game glitches weren't available for this mode of play, but I'm sure this run is entertaining enough to warrant at least one view.
  • Uses FCEU 0.98.12
  • Uses warps
  • Abuses glitches
  • Happy April 1st

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #612: Bisqwit's NES Super Mario Bros. "sidestroller" in 07:02.25
Editor, Active player (296)
Ps: Ignore the rerecord count. It contains the counter of some Phil&Genisto's movie, and I forgot to zero it before starting to play my own.
Active player (277)
What do you call that, a speedwalk?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
Guess so :) Fortunately for me, they've placed invisible ladders in every pit. It takes training to spot them. Without them, Mario would be disqualified from speedwalk competition. :)
Active player (277)
And I suppose there aren't any pipes that bypass those pits, are there? Good find, then.
Former player
April 1st, is that big in Sweden too? This submission is a very fun idea to commemerate the occasion. By the way, when you make a submission, does my vote really count? After all, it's your site and you can publish it if you like.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
I don't intend to publish it.
Active player (277)
Then you're abusing the submission queue! Shame on you! :)
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
Shame on you! :)
Yeah, horror on me. I even modified the submitted file after submitting it. When I submitted it, it had about 20000 frames of excess data after EOF, but I cleaned it up so now FCM parser truly doesn't find any presses of B in the movie.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [314] NES Super Mario Bros. "warps, walkathon" by Bisqwit in 07:02.25
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
A stroller movie?
Former player
Well, I guess it's back to Rockman then?
schneelocke wrote:
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
A stroller movie?
A side-strolling platformer!
Founding member of GerbilMechs
Player (67)
Now, that was just silly. I like it. :)
Monthenor wrote:
schneelocke wrote:
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
A stroller movie?
A side-strolling platformer!
Ouch. ^_^
On the main site, it said that the "RUN" key on your keyboard had been broken (or something to that effect)... I seriously thought you had a "RUN" key on your keyboard and was about to praise you for using a Commodore 64. Stupid April Fools : /
Quietust
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
On the main site, the movie is listed as having obsoleted itself. I'm guessing that this is supposed to be part of the joke.
* Quietust, QMT Productions P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another
Active player (277)
Well, I think it was just a way to keep it from interfering with other Super Mario Brothers movies.
Wow, this is a lot lower in quality than I'm used to seeing from you. It almost seemed like it was a joke to you. Oh wait, it was. Nevermind, then.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Bah, I vote meh what were you thinking? What did you do, plan this for a total of five seconds? You didn't take the obvious pipe in 4-1!?!? >_< This is not what I expect from someone who calculates like you do, you should be ashamed of yourself. :)
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
At the end of world 8-3 you seem to pause for a second before grabbing the flag, is this intentional?
"We observe the behaviour of simple folk, and derive pleasure from their defects." -Aristotle - Book of Humour
Fihlvein
He/Him
Avoiding fireworks I guess.
Most stupid movie ever, I guess Bisqwit didn't had alot to do when he made this one ;P
Most stupid movie? Get real. This is cool. :) I really thought the movie was gonna desync when I saw that Mario wasn't gonna make those jumps over the large gaps--it's interesting to know you can actually save yourself even in those situations. I liked this movie, even if it was a joke. On a sidenote, why does this submission have zeros as CRC?
Omega wrote:
On a sidenote, why does this submission have zeros as CRC?
Because it was converted with nesmock. nesmock doesn't bother with the ROM, and thus can't fill in the md5sum.