Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is my 2nd submission here on TASVideos. Here, I decided to make a TAS that I haven't seen anyone else do. Small Fire, RTA, Warped.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.1
  • Beat the game with Mario in a Small Fiery State
  • Beat the game using RTA-friendly strategies

Comments

This is my 2nd submission here on TASVideos. Here, I decided to make a TAS that I haven't seen anyone else do. Small Fire, RTA, Warped. I honestly don't know why anyone else thought of this... RTA runners haven't even run this yet!

Stage by stage comments

1-2

I clip through the pipe at the end of the stage, saving a framerule over just running over the roof

3-2

I do a strategy that is 1 framerule slower than the non-RTA warpless TAS by HappyLee/Mars608, but is 1 framerule faster than Kosmicd12's warpless RTA speedrun. That strategy is the Flagpole Glitch. It is very untypical for RTA to do flagpole glitch here but I did it anyways

3-4

This is where the magic happens! I hit the axe in just the right spot in order to hit it, then get hit by Bowser during the animation. This puts Mario in a glitchy state where he looks like Big Mario, but behaves like Small Mario (e.g. get's killed in 1 hit)

4-1

I collect the powerup's on this stage as to not waste time on the blazit clip in 4-2.

8-3

I finally got Flagpole Glitch here!

Masterjun: Replaced file with one that actually completes the game.
STC: Cancelling because I just realized that I was an idiot (Thanks, discussion forum)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6030: STC's NES Super Mario Bros. "warps, human theory" in 07:15.57
STC
He/Him
Well, this is definitely not 1:38.7
Masterjun
He/Him
Site Developer, Skilled player (1970)
You probably uploaded the wrong movie file. Upload the correct one to userfiles and link it in this thread and we can replace it for you.
Warning: Might glitch to credits I will finish this ACE soon as possible (or will I?)
Editor
What? I don't even understand what this branch is about. Your Small Mario, but you have the Fire power up ability?
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Post subject: Movie File
STC
He/Him
Masterjun here is the correct file http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/48361834419511389
Editor, Skilled player (1410)
As it was said to you in your first submission, this site is not interested in movies that are slower than the current record. You said yourself in the submission text that you lost framerules over the current publication.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoUfT49xN9TU-gDMHv57sw Projects: SMW 96 exit. SDW any%, with Amaraticando. SMA2 SMW small only Kaizo Mario World 3
STC
He/Him
BrunoVisnadi i was talking about the non-RTA movie. This is based on RTA standards. Please read over the submission text carefully before commenting
Editor, Skilled player (1410)
I know this is based on RTA standards and I've read your submission text. In order to TASes to be accepted here they must differ from Real Time Attacks. Thus, ''RTA-friendly strategies'' is not an acceptable goal. You were linked to the movie rules in your previous submission.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoUfT49xN9TU-gDMHv57sw Projects: SMW 96 exit. SDW any%, with Amaraticando. SMA2 SMW small only Kaizo Mario World 3
STC
He/Him
hegyak that's exactly what this branch is :P
Editor, Player (163)
As Visnadi said, the Movie Rules are very clear about what is accepted here:
A speed-oriented movie must beat all existing records If your movie is going to beat something, be sure it beats it. If your tool-assisted movie is not faster than the non-tool-assisted world record for the same game, aiming for the same goals, your movie will be rejected.
Read the Movie Rules before submitting.
Games are basically math with a visual representation of this math, that's why I make the scripts, to re-see games as math. My things: YouTube, GitHub, Pastebin, Twitter
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!
STC
He/Him
Cancelling because I just realized that I was an idiot (Thanks, discussion forum)