(Link to video)
Game objectives
  • Emulator: BizHawk 2.3
  • Firmware: SCPH5500 (J)
  • TAStudio
  • Aim in-game time
  • Collect 100% cans and checkpoints
  • A better version than the my old
Techniques and Tricks (correct more info)
  • Rush faster: After rush, if quickly make jump will help faster 2-4 frames for each times
  • Thought the trucks: at stage 3 scene 1, I had go thought trucks on side for get cans, just little but it helped me can make a rush more my old
  • Rush power: when start rush, it help character break up or go thought some objects. It also can help run on air a little while fall down to holes
  • Jump lower: make rush and jump at same time will help jump lower normal
  • Turn faster: before turn, make jump will help faster 1-2 frames
Notes
  • This run make on BizHawk, more accurate than psxjin. That's why in-game it's faster but at totally it's shlower my old. Compare here
  • Can't make bonus stages faster or shorter because game engine. That stages in this run have little longer than my old, maybe because emulator accurate
Thanks
  • Spikestuff for helped me make a compare my runs with his magic (I think his name is Harry Potter) ^^
p/s: Pepsi, NOT only my choice :D

Memory: Judging
Memory: The movie appears to be optimized, with improvements on every stage that doesn't go at a completely fixed speed.
I was not expecting this TAS to be particularly entertaining, perhaps due to my distaste for soda, but I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I found it strangely charming and the audience appears to like it as well. Of note is that the last submission was hurt by a lack of BGM present in the emulator and it had to be added in through editing. The current TAS is at an average entertainment rating of 6.4 which is relatively close to the border between Vault and Moons. These two submissions are admittedly fairly similar but the existing TAS had some fairly superhuman play as is and the new strategy in stage 3 scene 1 where you run between the trucks is the exact kind of thing that pushes this movie over the edge.
Accepting to Moons as an improvement to the currently published movie.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6044: NhatNM's PSX Pepsiman: The Running Hero "100%" in 19:57.96
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Sure (Already watched it when doing the table folks).
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
GJTASer2018
He/Him
I enjoyed the previous version of this TAS, so this improvement was an easy Yes vote for me. I imagine this version could end up in Moons instead of being put in the Vault again, mostly because the emulation issues that hurt the previous submission (done in psxjin 2.0.2) entertainment-wise aren't here now.
c-square wrote:
Yes, standard runs are needed and very appreciated here too
Dylon Stejakoski wrote:
Me and the boys starting over our games of choice for the infinityieth time in a row because of just-found optimizations
^ Why I don't have any submissions despite being on the forums for years now...
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3964)
This run definitly feels more polished than the current one. Yes vote! One question I have is couldnt you end input earlier in the last level if you let the can you jumped over hit you?
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
at that time, have 4 cans on ground and a can on air.Only make that jump can help me do early input
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
PCachu
He/Him
Pepsiman is not the hero we deserve, but he is the hero we need.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I didn't understand why have much pepole like this game Just run run and run, booo -.-
I think the main appeal of this game is the absurdity of the premise. It fits nicely into the "So bad, it's good" category of games that are more entertaining than they should be. That iconic "Pepsimaaaan!!" shout is also particularly catchy.
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
Bizhawk has a built in avi dumping function, you don't need to use an external recording program like OBS unless you really want the frame count and inputs in the encode. I'm suggesting this because the temp encode here seems to be blurrier than watching it back in the actual emulator.
GJTASer2018 wrote:
I enjoyed the previous version of this TAS, so this improvement was an easy Yes vote for me. I imagine this version could end up in Moons instead of being put in the Vault again, mostly because the emulation issues that hurt the previous submission (done in psxjin 2.0.2) entertainment-wise aren't here now.
Which issues are these? I looked at the encode of the old TAS and don't notice a ton different?
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Memory wrote:
Bizhawk has a built in avi dumping function, you don't need to use an external recording program like OBS unless you really want the frame count and inputs in the encode.
Not even then is OBS needed. Bizhawk has a function to capture on-screen-display (OSD) into AVI.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Lil_Gecko
He/Him
Player (94)
Memory wrote:
Bizhawk has a built in avi dumping function, you don't need to use an external recording program like OBS unless you really want the frame count and inputs in the encode. I'm suggesting this because the temp encode here seems to be blurrier than watching it back in the actual emulator.
Even then, you can just check "Capture OSD" and you'll have frame count and inputs displayed on the AVI EDIT : Beaten to it by feos
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
A bunch of people wrote:
Hey you can just check "Capture OSD"
This is why I'm a judge and not a publisher. EDIT: Also fsvgm answered my question about what was different between psxjin and Bizhawk on IRC:
[13:41:26] <fsvgm777> MemoryTAS: There's normally no BGM in PSXjin. [13:41:30] <fsvgm777> (in this game)
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3764] PSX Pepsiman: The Running Hero "100%" by NhatNM in 19:57.96