(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Staring the Mascot of Toei animation, this little Puss is out on a big adventure.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Bizhawk 2.2.1
  • Takes Damage to save time

Comments

There's not much for me to explain here so I'll keep things extremely simple.
  • Jumping is the fastest way to move in the horizontal scrolling sections, you dont get speed unless the screen is scrolling horizontally. it's important to keep your jump height at the maximum to limit the amount of stops you have when on the ground.
  • When you jump but fall to a lower Y value than where you jumped, you lose your speed. this is why you may see me avoiding climbing up on higher platforms to avoid this.
  • Weapons are gun, bomb, and boomerang. boomerang is used for all bosses as they move faster than the bomb and can be shot upward.
  • the underwater auto-scroller I was able to scrape the bottom to push Puss n Boots forward, saving about a half a second.
honestly that's about it, there isn't much to this game that I think is worth explaining. if there is anything I missed I'll be happy to include it.
if accepted, it will be another game complete for the TASmania project!
Edit: cancelling as I did do the research and found a movie roughly 3 seconds faster. https://youtu.be/mUtA2X6f57Q

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
ahh yes, a game called Puss in Boots, starring "Dog in spanish" shooting a gun what even is this terrible game Decent run, though, I can tell you pushed the game to what it's capable of. There is a spot a bit over halfway through where you have to stop to avoid death--I wonder if there was a way to manipulate damage better, like a couple screens earlier when all those british soldiers run into you from behind? edit- oh
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
Twisted Eye wrote:
edit- oh
Yeah, I jumped the gun a little too fast on this one.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing