Emulator: BizHawk 2.3 Emulator Settings
  • Core mGBA
All other settings are default
No warps or passwords
I use 3 exploits/glitches throughout the run.
  • In the Stitch levels, shooting then releasing a directional control for one frame while on the ground prevents Stitch from firing all four guns, saving special ammo.
  • An exploit with the slug-like bubble shooting enemies' AI in Lilo's levels can be used to run behind them without sneaking. The enemies only "hear" Lilo behind them if they're asleep. If Lilo isn't sneaking within a certain radius of the enemy they wake up and face Lilo, but if Lilo isn't in sight they don't shoot. Sneaking until Lilo is at the center of the enemy then running confuses the AI keeping Lilo safe. I can provide a visual example later if needed as it's hard to put into words.
  • The monowheel vehicle used in the final two stages can reverse its gravity by double tapping A. If the A presses are within 6 frames of eachother the vehicle will clip through whatever floor it was on. I use this glitch to clip through the ceiling in level 9 to reach the level end trigger that is being stored out of bounds, saving roughly 2 minutes of an autoscrolling level. I also use it again after the final boss fight just for fun.
I try to avoid taking hits to avoid dying, but sometimes it's impossible to dodge damage without sacrificing speed. I don't die in the run at all. I do not restart the game at any point. I technically control 2 characters throughout the run but there is no choice provided by the game. It is entirely linear.
The goal of this movie is completing the game as fast as possible without losing a life.
Lilo & Stitch was a game released in 2002 as a tie in to the movie. It's a shoot 'em up style game when playing as Stitch and a stealth and avoidance puzzle game when playing as Lilo. The game takes place at some point after the events of the movie.
For my first submitted movie I wanted to do a game from my childhood that wasn't already entirely optimized by a die hard community. I wanted to be on the front line of discovering tricks, routes and exploits that no casual player would find, and even things that runners of the game didn't know about. The skill of the execution is deeply satisfying to me and I hope others can be inspired by this movie, learn something, and make their own runs finding new things with their large and expanding pools of knowledge.
While creating this movie I followed the route done by the runner Wally ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c27vtjIYTEE ) which was a giant help in the maze-like levels in Lilo's sections so go give him some love.

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
ThunderAxe31: File replaced with a Lightly Spiked version that removes 8521 blank frames at the end.
ThunderAxe31: Welcome to TASVideos, Corvus!
This TAS is a nice first attempt, as I couldn't find any obvious mistake or sloppy execution. While the run may look simple, I have to note that finding and implementing improvements wouldn't be too much easy.
As for the entertaining side, I have to note that the movie is visually slow-paced and lacking enough action diversity. Also, the votes of the audience were mixed.
With all that said, accepting this movie for Vault.
feos: Pub.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6098: Corvus's GBA Disney's Lilo & Stitch in 19:39.34
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
There's 8521 frames of blank input at the end. Input has been Lightly Spiked: 49863198309245701 Question. Header Reveals you're using a GIT version of Hawk. emuVersion GIT HEAD#77bba444f You made sure your move syncs back fine on latest version correct? As for the branch, unless Death is significant in going faster there shouldn't be a branch.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Corvus
He/Him
Player (39)
Forgive me, this is my first movie, so I'm still learning about everything. What do you mean by "Input has been Lightly Spiked"? I thought I had been using the newest version of BizHawk but I was incorrect, my apologies. I believe it's version 2.2.2 but(Edit: it is actually version 2.3 from the Github link provided in the Emulators section) I can't find the version number anywhere in BizHawk. It syncs perfectly as far as I can tell unless you had issues with it. As for the no death branch, there is a slight time savings in the final boss fight by exploiting the respawn, but I entirely understand if that's not reason enough to differentiate it and I can tune the run to reflect that and resubmit.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
It basically removes blank inputs which would mess up the tas time.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Corvus wrote:
Forgive me, this is my first movie, so I'm still learning about everything. What do you mean by "Input has been Lightly Spiked"?
Quote stealing Memory.
Memory wrote:
Here at TASVideos we want movie files that don't end in a series of blank frames. It's a light Spike because his name is Spike and he often trims movies.
(There are two terms for it Light/Heavy. Light just fixes the start/ending input to where it fixes the input and trims of the input where appropriate. Heavy dives into the input further shaving where it can.) --- Anyways...
Corvus wrote:
As for the no death branch, there is a slight time savings in the final boss fight by exploiting the respawn, but I entirely understand if that's not reason enough to differentiate it and I can tune the run to reflect that and resubmit.
I suggest doing the death if it improves, you don't have to resubmit, you can use the User Movies upload there and relink it back here for a replacement to the submission.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Corvus
He/Him
Player (39)
The death actually doesn't save any frames so the run can stay as is without the branch
Post subject: Temp Encode
Judge, Skilled player (1278)
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
There's something very right about Stitch getting "Alien Hominid" style gameplay I liked the run, good job on the first submission!
Is there any reason in particular for using the European version? Are there any known differences between versions?
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Corvus
He/Him
Player (39)
There's no particular reason, it was the only version I could find. As far as I know there aren't any version differences. I did a brief search but nothing came up.
Post subject: Needs more votes
Please watch the temp encode I provided and vote. I'd also like to hear some thoughts in posts, especially for the No vote.
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
Personally I voted no because I felt the game was fairly repetitive and lacked much depth. The Stitch stages are probably the best part, the Lilo stages feel fairly bland and the autoscrollers and the ship segment didn't really interest me either. Despite being the best part I didn't feel much danger or anything particularly impressive in the Stitch stages.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Great graphics, fantastic music, very slow paced monster levels, way too boring shmup levels, the movie itself is well played. I failed to enjoy most of it, but the parts that I did enjoy were nice. I think it should be in Moons, but I can't really vote Yes...
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Skilled player (1404)
Honestly, the worst part about this is Lilo's awkward running animation.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
EZGames69
He/They
I dont think I’ve ever seen a game that’s basically a clone of 2 different games. The Lilo stages feel just like Oddworld while the stitch shooters feels like Contra.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
The description says "no warps". There are warps in this game? I couldn't find anything on google about it. If there are warps, how much would they affect the gameplay, how different would it be, and how much shorter would the movie be?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3792] GBA Disney's Lilo & Stitch by Corvus in 19:39.34
Corvus
He/Him
Player (39)
feos wrote:
The description says "no warps". There are warps in this game? I couldn't find anything on google about it. If there are warps, how much would they affect the gameplay, how different would it be, and how much shorter would the movie be?
I was filling out the description and one of the things was "Did you use any warps" so I specified I didn't which probably wasn't necessary now that I think about it
EZGames69
He/They
Congrats on your first published TAS. It has been slightly more than a year since I had my first published tas and it was an amazing thing to me. I hope you feel the same way I did. :)