(Link to video)
  • Game Objectives
  • Emulator: Bizhawk
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Improvement
  • Decide to avoid damage and lose some frames in Stage 2, but get hit by the last two obstacles in stage 5, which save more frames.

Memory: Judging
Memory: Optimization seems fine, improvement on the published run.
While the audience response was somewhat positive, there wasn't exactly many posts and the resulting run isn't all that different from the published run which has a low entertainment rating of 3.8.
The submission uses the QuickNES core instead of the more accurate NESHawk core but this is not grounds for rejection at this time. However, it is preferred that NESHawk be used in the future.
Accepting to Vault as an improvement to [2951] NES Wait and See! by TehBerral in 08:50.21.
feos: Pub.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6127: XTREMAL93's NES Wait and See! in 08:42.99
Active player (258)
Not gonna lie. This was the absolute least fun I've had TASing anything ever. And anyone that goes out of their way to improve it has my respect. Can't say I'm "entertained" because, well Jesus look at the game, but that's to no fault of the TAS. You got a yes from me.
Somewhat damaged.
I hope the person... "composing" for this game has since found the thing they're good at.
LOAD TO SUNRISE
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
TehBerral wrote:
This was the absolute least fun I've had TASing anything ever. And anyone that goes out of their way to improve it has my respect. Can't say I'm "entertained" because, well Jesus look at the game, but that's to no fault of the TAS. You got a yes from me.
Thanks. I wanted to copy your input from level 3 and 4, but it desynced, I think because of lag
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
Why did you use QuickNES core instead of NESHawk?
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Memory wrote:
Why did you use QuickNES core instead of NESHawk?
It is default in Bizhhawk. What is the advantages of NESHawk?
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
XTREMAL93 wrote:
It is default in Bizhhawk. What is the advantages of NESHawk?
Higher accuracy. Honestly it should be made default for recording movies.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Memory wrote:
Higher accuracy. Honestly it should be made default for recording movies.
If I knew about that, I'd use NESHawk :)
DrD2k9
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Expert player (2056)
I've run into the same QuickNES/NESHawk thing before too. When I asked about it, the response I received was something along the lines of the following: QuickNES is set as default in BH because it's a bit faster emulation for casual playing of games, and the accuracy differences aren't likely to be drastic enough for a casual player to notice. Yet, even though it's a bit slower, NESHawk is the preferred core for TASing due to accuracy.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3815] NES Wait and See! by XTREMAL93 in 08:42.99