Based on a movie Alien 3.
Ripley has to rescue prisoners and defeat several alien mid-bosses.
Movie features:
  • Emulator used: Gens 11a
  • Hardest difficulty
  • Genre: Platform
Weapons
-Machine gun
Only weapon that can be used while running.
Normal damage 4 - critical hit 10-20
-Flame thrower
normal damage 8 - critical hit 16-32
-Grenade launcher
normal damage 32 - critical hit 50-79
-Hand grenade
Similar damage to launcher. A little slower. Reaches troublesome places (in air shafts).
Critical hits: I didn't look how often these happen. I just used the first available frames.
Moving
Turning takes time.
Falling from high places makes Ripley lay in ground for quite a while.
Also sliding too long in a slope makes you tumble and lay in ground.
Rising glitch
When you fall down into a wall you start rising up. You can jump to rise faster.
There are actually not many places where you can do this.
It can be done in the very first map but it doesn't actually help because of elevators. Instead you would have to take damage from alien and lose time in the point counting screen.
Falling glitch
In stage 13 at (23:47) pressing down on conveyor belt makes Ripley slowly hover downwards.
It allows to pass through platforms so a prisoner can be reached earlier.
Glitch can also let you hover to the highest point you can safely fall from.
Point counting screen at the end of stages
The more ammo you have left the more time it takes to count your points. You would save only one frame per weapon if your ammo is in certain range, so excess using of ammo is not used in this run.
If you have taken damage in the level you will lose some amount of frames here.
Enemies
Mostly aliens. Mostly
Aliens get tougher as the game progresses. No more one-shotting and have to rely on better weapons at times.
In 10th mission you have to dodge falling water drops too. It could be acid too.
Enemy hp memory addresses:
00FF1FD7 - boss hp / random alien 1
00FF1FD6 - counter
00FF2067 - boss 2 hp / random alien 2
00FF2066 - counter 2
00FF20F7 - random alien 3
00FF2187 - random alien 4
02:16 - Rising glitch saves almost 30 seconds.
04:00 - Rising glitch saves about 2,5 seconds.
06:20 - I have time to go kill an alien before elevator comes down
25:31 - Fall through glitch helps reach a prisoner
26:15 - Use falling glitch to prevent falling damage
26:50 - Use falling glitch to prevent falling damage
This run was made a year ago and is the last one I made using GENS.
I just forgot to write a submission because I was starting another TAS on BizHawk.
Also, not taking damage to save time *smh*
Feos posted a video of this run [/Forum/Topics/7372&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25|here].

feos: Finally this is done! Judging...
feos: Although I've been waiting for this submission for 8 years, and I loved the game back then, today I see that it's quite repetitive in general. But its still a nice game with awesome music and non-trivial level design. Probably for that reason the audience feedback was quite positive, no negative votes or posts. The run itself is also nicely done. I enjoyed the boss battles the most. Accepting to Moons.
Stovent: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6133: maTO's Genesis Alien 3 in 27:50.20
Experienced player (947)
Great job and very fun to watch.
GAW sms... Totally destroyed
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
I hated this game inside my Megadrive. Finally it's PWNed, like NES version. Yes vote!
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
I request a spooktacular encode
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3964)
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
I've been encoding this all evening to 4K, and uploading overnight, but firefox just said FUCK YOU and froze at 57%. Time well waisted.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Skilled player (1435)
maTO wrote:
Ripley has to rescue prisoners and defeat several alien mid-bosses.
So this bald man with bristle is actually Ellen Ripley!? --- Yes vote by the way.
I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Current projects: NES: Tetris "fastest 999999" (improvement, with r57shell) Genesis: Adventures of Batman & Robin (with Truncated); Pocahontas; Comix Zone (improvement); Mickey Mania (improvement); RoboCop versus The Terminator (improvement); Gargoyles (with feos)
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
The encode above is of an older WIP. Here's the one for this submission. Link to video
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Zupapa
He/Him
Player (117)
Absolutely yes, I always found it odd a TAS of that game had not yet been made.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3821] Genesis Alien 3 by maTO in 27:50.20