Game Overview: Baku Bomber Man 2 (Japan) is Japanese ROM of Bomberman 64: The Second Attack !.
Game Objectives: Luck Manipulation Genre:Action
Emulator Settings: BizHawk-2.3 Pure Interpreter GLideN64
What is “Battle Mord 25Cups”?: It is to clear the challenge of battle mode and get 25 cups. When moving to the screen displayed as the last VICTORY, it is supposed that the cup has already been acquired. Therefore, I ended key input at that time.
General explanation etc: In this game, I think the most important point to note is the difference between Japanese version ROM and overseas version ROM. https://tcrf.net/Bomberman_64:_The_Second_Attack/Regional_Differences In other words, by choosing ROM, you will fundamentally change how to capture and how to make TAS animation. It would be great if you could watch it with it in mind. I summarized important techniques below.
Suggested screenshot  1683 frame

Memory: Judging
Memory: Optimization is acceptable, I did find an improvement but couldn't find more that was readily visible.
This choice of mode was extremely repetitive and there were long periods where one had to wait out a minute long timer and not much could be done to make them appear entertaining. Audience votes were at 68% support as well.
The author deliberately picked the Japanese version which has no relevant differences for this mode except the player and I believe the cpus both have increased movement speeds on English. It's significant enough of a difference that strategies on English will probably not be directly comparable to Japanese, but at the same time it doesn't seem worth having a separate branch for. We would absolutely prefer English in the future given it would almost certainly be faster.
The choice of mode is acceptable for Vault given that Level 5 is the maximum level of challenge for each type of battle and this run reaches that for each. However the branch name given is. Given how in the English version it says "Challenge Battle level x" at the start of each set and that you can't complete this mode at all without 25 cups, I believe it is appropriate to name the branch "Challenge Battle mode".
Accepting to Vault.
feos: Long time no see, N64! I'll try at least

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Active player (434)
Gameplay Differences Bomberman runs a lot faster in the US version. By the way, could you do the normal adventure mode?
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Yeah going to have to agree with the question of why did you use the Japanese version and not the US version as the US version is faster?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (10)
The Japanese version and the overseas version are largely different in specifications and it is difficult to regard them as the same game anymore. I understood that it is faster to use the overseas version, I caught the two as different categories, and played the Japanese version. In the near future, I will try to play with a category called GoodEnding. However, there are problems with reproducibility by the emulator, as update plans are frequently suggested, so completion is likely to be delayed. We look for cooperation.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
I can confirm sync on this movie. I spent the entire day encoding this since some users aren’t able to watch the Nicovideo encode. Also I was very entertained by the movie while encoding, so I’ll vote yes. Link to video
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
solo_netbattler wrote:
The Japanese version and the overseas version are largely different in specifications and it is difficult to regard them as the same game anymore.
I'd like to see a list of reasons as to this. I only thought speed was the only factor in the difference which is a major choice between versions not a "level is missing/different" case changing the strategy of the game.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (10)
Thank you for checking the encoding and synchronization.
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
I didn't find entertaining, sorry.
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1522)
From what I can tell the only relevant version difference to this mode is just the difference of movement speed.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Memory
She/Her
Does slowdown affect the countdown timer at all for timed stages?
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Player (10)
It probably will not affect much. If you think carefully, in battle mode, there may be no difference from ROM other than the speed of legs.
Memory
She/Her
I meant does lag affect the timer of the countdown stages?
Memory
She/Her
So I found a 76 frame improvement on one of the matches. I noticed that you got caught bouncing up and down on a bomb for a bit and figured it was unnecessary. There might be other instances similar throughout the run. EDIT: Video: Link to video
Player (10)
That video is wonderful. I think that it will be a big update if it closes. It seems necessary to investigate the specification of battle mode.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Is disappearing background an emulation bug or it also happen on console? https://youtu.be/CyEDX9Q7fZo?t=454
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
EZGames69
He/They
You may not have the right graphics card for your computer. When I talked to Corey about it disappeared in my encode he said it was due to not having a strong graphics card.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
<TheCoreyBurton> I'll test bomberman to be safe. <TheCoreyBurton> Bomberman still does not work.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
EZGames69 wrote:
You may not have the right graphics card for your computer. When I talked to Corey about it disappeared in my encode he said it was due to not having a strong graphics card.
I said "perhaps", as that was my original suspicion. Feos and I checked on both our machines earlier (I meet all of the requirements) and whilst similar issues are resolved on mine, this one's present on both. It could be an unreported bug in the graphics plugin, core, or maybe it's just a TAS-induced oddity.
I'm not as active as I once was, but I can be reached here if I should be needed.
EZGames69
He/They
Ah ok, my bad then. We can just blame N64 emulation then.
Memory
She/Her
It looked to me to be the intended effect of a power up.
Player (10)
I do not know clearly what disappearing background is pointing to. But perhaps it is one of the random effects of items called devils? It is a clear MAP, the terrain of the stage, the strange effect that the character's shadow becomes transparent and disappears.
Thanks! Dumping it. BTW, with 4K internal resolution and gliden64, I get lagarith and x264rgb running at 11fps, while ffv1 only does 2fps.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3847] N64 Bomberman 64: The Second Attack "Challenge Battle mode" by solo_netbattler in 1:36:01.60