This movie improves the currently published [2689] GBA Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow "Julius mode" by hellagels & mtbRc in 03:53.83 by 340 frames.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: VBA-rr v23.6 svn480
  • Starts from SRAM (verification movie: #51418800964411271)
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Takes damage to save time

Comments

Improvements

• Movements, especially when going up slopes. Julius can avoid getting slowed down by crouching on slopes.
  • The "Catoblepas Warp" glitch is triggered much faster.
  • Graham fight is completely revamped. The Cross boomerang subweapon is more powerful fighting the 2nd form than the Axe Sub weapon or the whip at higher MP cost, which in turn doesn't slow down too much fighting the 3rd form due to MP limitation thanks to a collision glitch that touching the beam-casting "ring" floating over Graham doesn't inflict any damage to Julius or interrupt his movements, but still grants the same invulnerability as if Julius were normally hit.

Suggested screenshots

Yeah, I love Hi-Jumps, so I pick Frame 13590:

Citius, Altius, Fortius.

Special thanks

Thanks to all previous players who demonstrated the techniques and tricks of various runs of the game.
Thanks to hellagels for the Nicovideo encode.

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
ThunderAxe31: Very nice improvement. Accepting for obsoleting the current publication.
Spikestuff: I ran out of jokes.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Editor, Player (67)
Looks good. Yes vote.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
Editor, Skilled player (1403)
Oh, now we're talking. That Graham fight was hilarious. Great job! Yes vote.
Experienced player (543)
klmz surprised me with these projects one after the other. I like Konami for these amazing Castlevania games, lol. The run is well-made. Yes vote. I want to rewatch it again, lol.
I still learn more about English. https://www.youtube.com/user/McBobX100
I wrote:
Working is the best way to achieve goals in speedruning. Hardworking is a pain.
filpAM
He/Him
Banned User
Holy crap, that is crazy speed. Every single frame of this is enjoying to watch. Yes vote
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
Excellent improvement. The Catoblepas warp setup looks really smooth now, and the new Graham strategy looks funny. Clear yes vote.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Experienced player (859)
Very cool. Can't you kick graham between hits for extra damage? Don't have an emulator setup to test it myself.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2103)
Kriole wrote:
Very cool. Can't you kick graham between hits for extra damage? Don't have an emulator setup to test it myself.
That would be suboptimal as kicks are too weak for their time cost.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3855] GBA Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow "Julius mode" by klmz in 03:48.14