(Link to video)
Time is about 14:01.73 under modern fps. About 14:00.65 under past fps.

Summary

• Choose a fastest route except secret ending
  • One player in a multiplayer game
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Luck manipulation

About game

Contra: Hard Corps was the first game in the series to be exclusively released on a non-Nintendo console. The game took a lot of elements from previous installments and spiced them up with even more dynamic combat, different playable characters, nonlinear plot and about twice the amount of boss fights.
J version choosed, because it allows player to take damage without dying. Fang is always the best character due to his strongest D gun. It takes 30 damage per frame, which is same as a bomb. Game balance that weapon by taking 90 frames to charge that weapon. But if you choose B, shoot, change to D, then you will get charged D directly. That helps a lot to save time.
ONE player is faster than two. Because the damage would be decreased in multiple mode. If you want to learn every weapon's damage in different mode, you can see it here.

About improvement

• Compared to TASv2 (adelikat ver.)
Because my TASv3 is slower than v2 before Dr. fight, I compare to adelikat's one this time. (Because I didn't know to use RAM watch when I did v2. I was a new comer at that time. >.<)
And it's same as secret ending run before boss fight in stage 4.
  • Stage 1: 17 frames saved.
8 frames saved before the collapsed building. By better luck manipulation on the poles.
Most of others come from beating the huge boss faster.
  • Stage 2: 1 frame lost.
  • Stage 4: 55 frames saved.
Faster boss fight.
  • Stage 5: 197 frames saved.
Faster boss fight.
  • Stage 6: 0 frame saved.
Because only dialogue here.
  • Stage 12: 407 frames saved.
41 frames saved against TASv3.
Faster boss fight.
  • Total: 675 frames ahead.

按现在的帧率计算,时间约为14:01.73;按以前的帧率计算,约14:00.65。

摘要

• 选择除了隐藏结局外最快的路线
  • 单人模式
  • 为了节省时间而受伤
  • 运气控制

关于游戏

魂斗罗:铁血兵团是第一款在非任天堂平台上发布的魂斗罗系列游戏。与以往魂斗罗系列不同,本作中共4个角色,每人拥有ABCD4种枪,而每个角色的子弹类型又跟其他角色的不同;拥有独特的滑铲动作,动作过程无敌,并可以造成伤害,移动速度也比正常走路要快;多结局,共4个正常结局,1个隐藏结局,1个恶搞(跟黑恶势力同流合污)结局;大量的boss战。
录像选择了日版,因为仅有日版拥有血槽系统,允许玩家在死亡之前受2次伤,死亡后当前激活的子弹会消失,但炸弹不会。狼人经常被选择用来进行速通,因为他的D弹是16种子弹里最强的,蓄力后每帧30点伤害,与炸弹的第一阶段伤害相同。游戏为了平衡,每次需要花90帧的时间来进行蓄力。但如果你切换到B,然后开枪,然后迅速切换到D,那么你可以直接发出蓄力D。这样就可以省掉很多时间。
单人要比双人快。因为在双人模式里子弹伤害被削。如果你想知道不同模式每种枪的伤害详情,可以查看这里

提升情况

• 跟TASv2(adelikat的版本)进行比较
因为我的TASv3比v2在博士战之前要慢,所以这次我跟adelikat的比较。(因为当时我是个新人,还不会用RAM监控。)
本录像在第4关的boss战之前与隐藏结局操作相同。
  • 第1关: 超越17帧。
在高楼倒塌之前由于运气控制超越8帧,其它的提升基本是来自于更快打败从远处跳过来的大boss。
  • 第2关: 丢失1帧。
  • 第4关: 超越55帧。
boss战更快。
  • 第5关: 超越197帧。
boss战更快。
  • 第6关: 0帧。
因为只有对话。
  • 第12关: 超越407帧。
跟TASv3比超越41帧。
更快的boss战。
  • 总共提升: 675帧。

Nach: Not much feedback on this one. However it seems to improve on some flaws of the previous. Accepting to Moons.
feos: While Bomberman is still being figured out, publishing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6177: Soig's Genesis Contra: Hard Corps in 14:01.73
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3964)
Is there going to be an encode soon?
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
Oh, finally! Link to video
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3964)
Well i have to say this game is actually super awesome. The music is really heavy and intense and the movement is just amazing. Yes vote. Although I do have a question, why gens for this tas? Considering the last time you Submitted this game you used bizhawk. But here you haven’t. Is there any particular reason to this?
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (751)
Pretty nice, yes voted.
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
Nice run! Yes from me
Editor, Experienced player (549)
Very nice, another yes here
You can see more TASes on my youtube channel
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
EZGames69 wrote:
Although I do have a question, why gens for this tas? Considering the last time you Submitted this game you used bizhawk. But here you haven’t. Is there any particular reason to this?
I used Biz for 5656S due to reset button. Gens can't write down reset in a movie. I don't use biz this time due to its slow running speed... Fast-forward is useless for this emulator. And it's too slow especially when I used RAM watch. So I continue to use FCEUX and gens. I won't use biz until gens is not accepted.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
I can't really notice much of a difference between this and past runs, except that the Doctor boss near the end has a different attack where he releases small robots. Is there anything else important that I missed?
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1469)
mklip2001 wrote:
I can't really notice much of a difference between this and past runs, except that the Doctor boss near the end has a different attack where he releases small robots. Is there anything else important that I missed?
No. Just saved time here and there. adelikat used same control data from his secret ending. And from stage 4's boss on, new data comes. And so did I. Secret one is meticulous. But new data is not. Many improvable places. I saved them especially on boss fight. My last improvement come from that different attack which you've noticed. And this time I beat every boss faster. Under 10 frames saved from each place. So you may not sense obvious improvement.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3844] Genesis Contra: Hard Corps "1 player" by Soig in 14:01.73