Submission Text Full Submission Page

Monopoly for the NES is a game based off the board game Monopoly. This movie aims to go to jail in Monopoly in the fastest way possible.

Description

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.3
  • Game region: USA
Only one character needs to be controlled during the duration of this movie. The game does not reset during the movie, as it has no reason to. The only aim is to get to jail as fast as possible. I think this movie would be interesting for people to watch to see how quickly this can actually be done.

Game objectives

• To get the fastest jail.

Comments

This Tool Assisted Speedrun was created for two reasons. One was to see how fast this could be done, and the other was to test FCEUX's built in TAS editor. This run uses a couple of basic strategies.

Strats

Luck Manipulation

This movie heavily uses luck manipulation as a way to roll consistent doubles.

Name selection

This isn't a very interesting strat, but it is used to maximise optimization. The name "A" takes 4 inputs to select, as does the name "G". Most other names, if not all other names, will take 5 or more frames to input.

Other Comments

Length

The movie is shorter than shown. A few extra frames were played at the end of the movie, so if that needs to be fixed in the movie, can you please request that?

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6214: F4LL0U7's NES Monopoly "fastest jail" in 00:12.08
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Trimmed to final A press for the humor aspect of this. 52213724312640515 Side Note: April Fools is in 92 days. And improved by 10 frames from that trim. Anyways. Welcome to TASVideos, F4LLOU7! Here at TASVideos we want movies that aim for perfection. While at a very brief glance this movie appears ok, upon closer inspection it clearly showed optimization demonstrative of a complete beginner to TASing. Unfortunately to top it off, your submission wouldn't be acceptable for a meme category as it doesn't constitute as beating the game anyway it has a better place as a userfile.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (12)
Arbitrary goal aside, I heavily suspect that manipulating a single dice throw of 2 or 7 followed by a "Go to Jail" card draw would be faster strats than throwing triple doubles.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
SmashManiac wrote:
I heavily suspect that manipulating a single dice throw of 2 or 7 followed by a "Go to Jail" card draw would be faster strats than throwing triple doubles.
Using some of the info here (mainly just the ram stuff since I'm lazy): http://tasvideos.org/FractalFusion/Source/Monopoly.html Done: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/download/52215335120004295 (102 frames shaved off making it 486 frames.) Chance was faster to get than Community Chest. I ain't using the complete brute force method that Fractal has provided so more can obviously be done.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (12)
Spikestuff wrote:
Done: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/download/52215335120004295
I have to say, I'm genuinely impressed that you went ahead to verify my suspicion and that it took you less than 20 minutes to do so. \(^_^)/
Requesting cancellation of this submission. Although I only submitted this as a meme, it's a pretty unfunny one.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
You can cancel yourself by going to “edit” on the submission page and setting it to canceled.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!