Submission Text Full Submission Page
emulator: FCEUX 2.2.3
Me and Sullyrox made a Super Mario Bros. warps TAS.
happylee's TAS is 4 framerules ahead of our TAS (at least in the way i calculated this).
glitches:
the first glitch i want to talk about is the Flag Pole Glitch (or FPG in short):
in 1-1, 4-1 and 8-1 you can see that mario grabs the flag but it doesn't come down, why?
well to be honest I don't know why it's happening... but I know how to do the glitch (TAS method):
1) You need to get mario to the top of the stairs.
2) You need to jump from the top stair so mario's leg will almost walk on the flag's base (the closest possible without walking on the base).
3) after that when mario's leg is only one frame in the flag base, you need to do one of this inputs (there are many options but these are the best i could find): l+r, nothing, r , l+r+A \ l, nothing l, l+r+a \ l , l , l , l+A \ l, nothing , nothing , l+A \ l , nothing , l , l+ A.
the second one is the Bullet Bill Glitch (or BBG in short):
in 8-2 there is a similar glitch to the FPG, but it's diffrent from the classic FPG, yeah i know the flag is still not coming down, but... in the original FPG mario still walk into the castle and all of that. but the when you do the BBG mario doesn't run into the castle but getting stuck at the flagpole base, why it's happening?
well there are two things that make this glitch possible:
1) the FPG (so mario will not be in his animation while being in the block or that maybe other things will happend)
2) when mario tries to clip into the wall the game send mario to the opposite dieraction his holding on the controller (to skip the castle sense) how to do it (the setup I used):
1) be on the top stair so mario's whole right foot is on the edge on the stairs.
2) when the bullet passed like 2/3 of the line between the two blocks that make the top stair: then do an rta fast acelleration (Inputs: l+B, nothing , r+B+A, r+B (press r+B until you will hit the ground))
3) run 10 frames, on the 10th frame jump (for one frame)
4) while you midair do these input: r , r , r , r , r , l , l , l , r , r , r.
block cliping:
for this: you need a good vaule of subpixles, they are tinier then a pixel and normally you can't controll they're vaule, but if you got a good sub pixels then you can clip into block do the FPG and the BBG.
so you can save time in 1-2 and 4-2 with wall clips, but in those levels there is one thing that make them easiar to got a wall clip than others: if you just run and don't slow down at all in 1-2 and 4-2 than your subpixel position is the right one for clips.
but... remeber when i wrote: "when mario tries to clip into the wall the game send mario to the opposite dieraction his holding on the controller"? well that's why when you clipping into the wall you want to hold left or left+right. because of some reason the proggramers make mario pushed to the opposite dieraction which he pressing insted of just make mario get pushed to the opposite dieraction which he walking / running / running midair / walking midair.
and i don't need to explain the setup it's just to run to a wall, jump, press left when you just entered to the wall and jump couple of times if needed.
so... that's realy it, me and Sullyrox worked really hard on this TAS, hope you enjoy!!!

Masterjun: Hello and welcome to TASVideos. We are not a leaderboard site. If your run is slower than already existing runs, don't submit it. Submissions are only for optimal runs, aiming to beat all existing records. If you simply wanted a place to share your movie, use the Userfiles.
Read the Submission Instructions for more information.
Cancelled, for failing to beat existing records.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6286: superetro64 & sullyrox's NES Super Mario Bros. in 04:58.72
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Unfortunately as mentioned by yourself. This is suboptimal compared to HappyLee's movie. [1715] NES Super Mario Bros. "warps" by HappyLee in 04:57.31 Which goes against these rules:
Movie Rules: Movie Must Be Good wrote:
A speed-oriented movie must beat all existing records If your movie is going to beat something, be sure it beats it. If your tool-assisted movie is not faster than the non-tool-assisted world record for the same game, aiming for the same goals, your movie will be rejected. The movie's technical quality must be acceptable Don't be lazy. We will try and beat your movie. We should hopefully not succeed. See the Guidelines on how to make a movie that meets the site's standards.
Submission Instructions wrote:
Please ensure your movie is good. Do not waste the judges' time with movies that have obvious mistakes ― read the guidelines!
I suggest uploading to your userfiles when it's slower than the fastest movie.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
I cant understand why so many users submit SMB tases when it's clear that they do not beat the publication. ESPECIALLY if they know it's slower. What does it accomplish?
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
EZGames69 wrote:
I cant understand why so many users submit SMB tases when it's clear that they do not beat the publication. ESPECIALLY if they know it's slower. What does it accomplish?
Just to show their attempts directly. Not many people follow <game_name> thread on the forum, but most follow "Newest submissions" section.
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3965)
but to that I would say when you submit a movie, it says next to the link to not submit if it doesnt mean the movie guidelines. I see very little reason why someone would miss this.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (479)
EZGames69 wrote:
but to that I would say when you submit a movie, it says next to the link to not submit if it doesnt mean the movie guidelines. I see very little reason why someone would miss this.
Who cares! Our community is small and moderators don't act too serious in terms of this kind of players.
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
InputEvelution
She/Her
Editor, Player (13)
It is still better to post your attempts in the forum than to submit them knowing they will be rejected. You may believe that the attention you get from it will help make it more popular, but the attention you attract will most likely be incredibly negative due to it being a sub-optimal movie. I would advise you simply stick to posting in the forum and only submit once you succeed in beating a time.