Submission Text Full Submission Page

Introduction

Hello! This is my first submission here on TASVideos, and I hope it's good enough to make it to publication. Until then, I would like for everyone who chooses to watch this TAS to not be so critical of me or my work after it has been watched. ;)

Objectives

• Emulator used: SNES9x 1.52
  • Aims for the fastest time possible
  • Tries to be as entertaining as possible
  • Reaches the point to where the game crashes at the fastest time
  • Finds (or at least tries to) the corpse as it has been said in the game
This movie aims to reach the point to where the game crashes at the fastest time possible.
(Note: Timing for this movie ends on the last frame of input.)

About the game

MARIO is a Super Mario World ROM hack created by a SMWcentral user by the name of M A R I O in 2014, which is also known as a Creepypasta hack. Oddly, here is what the description implies:
As you play the role of Super Mario plumber, verify that you are beautiful Purinsesutozutouru again Bowser kidnapped the evil king. It is your job to save her! This hack includes six levels of very long.
You can get the BPS patch for this hack here.

History

It first started off as a simple story by SMWCentral user Adam near the end of 2010. Eventually, it got published to the Creepypasta wiki on March 2011, in which it included information about the Creepypasta itself and the aftermath of its first publication (at SMWCentral). The hack, itself, eventually got uploaded by M A R I O in March 2014.

Overview

MARIO features eight playable, yet mostly unedited, levels, three of which are automatically unlocked at start. The levels you start with, from left to right, are the following: never come back, YOSHI'S, and YOSHI'S HOUSE.

Level-by-level comments

YOSHI'S HOUSE

This level is basically the same as YOSHI'S ISLAND 2 in the original Super Mario World. The exception is that some blocks and/or objects, such as pipes, the midway point tape, or the Yoshi coins, have been removed in the process.
Other than that, I just simply zip through the course in record time.

YOSHI'S ISLAND 7

This level is simply just a blanket of blue overworld ground over black background with no other obstacles or objects present (other than the goal tape in the end).
I just simply zip through the course in record time.

leave now

Room 1
The exception is that every coin, every Yoshi coin, and every sprite, except for the blue P-Switch, have been removed. To make up for its impossibility, the creator of the hack has put invisible blocks over the pits that are impossible to jump over, even at the maximum X speed.
Other than that, I just simply zip through the room in record time.
Room 2
This room is the same as YOSHI'S ISLAND 4's room in the original Super Mario World.
I just simply run towards the goal point tape.

#1 GO BACK

Room 1 This room uses the same castle background and foreground as #1 IGGY'S CASTLE's room in the original Super Mario World, but the level design is completely different from it in MARIO than it is from Super Mario World.
In MARIO, the darker side of the goal point tape displays every few tiles over a line of message boxes which also displays every few tiles. In addition, there is upside-down lava with a color of blue-grey just three tiles above Mario.
I just simply run towards the door proceeding to the next room.
Room 2
This room uses the same castle background and foreground as #1 IGGY'S CASTLE's room in the original Super Mario World, but the level design is completely different from it in MARIO than it is from Super Mario World.
In MARIO, you start on a three-block-wide platform next to what seems to be a pit that is impossible to jump over, even at the maximum X speed. To make up for its impossibility, the creator of the hack has put a line of invisible blocks crossing from the starting platform to the end platform, consisting of two blocks wide along with a door leading to the boss room.
I just simply entertain while I wait for the screen to scroll to the door. As soon as it appears, I quickly run towards it.
Room 3 (Boss room)
This room is the same as #1 IGGY'S CASTLE's room in the original Super Mario World.
I just simply defeat Iggy Koopa in record time.

DONUT PLAINS 1

Room 1
This room is basically the same as DONUT PLAINS 1's room in the original Super Mario World. The only exception is that there are two message boxes near the starting point. There is also an invisible warp pipe that will lead you to the next room.
I simply run towards the invisible warp pipe.
Room 2
You start inside a room with a black background with a line of cement blocks. A mushroom is automatically provided for you exactly at the starting point. As you travel through this room, you will find one-block-tall doors that can only be entered as Small Mario. In the end, you will find that there is a wall of cement blocks indicating that this is the end of the room. However, you will be able to find an invisible warp pipe on the bottom of the wall that will lead you to the next room.
I just simply run towards the invisible warp pipe.
Room 3
You start inside a room with a black background much like the previous room, only there's only one screen in this room. There is a three-block-wide platform of cement blocks and a wall of cement blocks at the end of the room. To make up for its impossibility, the creator of the hack has added invisible blocks as the ground for the remainder of this room. There is an invisible warp pipe that you will be able to press down in that will lead you to the next room. It is about 3.5 tiles away from the starting platform.
I simply head for the invisible warp pipe and enter it.
Room 4?
Unfortunately, there is no fourth room in DONUT PLAINS 1, but rather, you get stuck in an endless black screen, indicating that the game has crashed and this is the end of the hack.

Level-by-level in-game time usage

Level In-game time used In-game time left
YOSHI'S HOUSE 40 360
YOSHI'S ISLAND 7 6 294
leave now (Room 1) 22 N/A
leave now (Room 2) 2 N/A
leave now (Overall) 24 276
#1 GO BACK (Room 1) 16 N/A
#1 GO BACK (Room 2) 36 N/A
#1 GO BACK (Room 3) 5 N/A
#1 GO BACK (Overall) 57 245
DONUT PLAINS 1 (Room 1) 2 N/A
DONUT PLAINS 1 (Room 2) 12 N/A
DONUT PLAINS 1 (Room 3) 1 N/A
DONUT PLAINS 1 (Overall) 15 285

Other comments

Like I said earlier, this is my first tool-assisted speedrun submitted here on TASVideos.org, I hope that the reviews won't be too bad. I'm new here, so please don't criticize me or talk too harshly of me.
I have TAS'ed the Super Mario series before, just not Super Mario World in that series.
SPOILER ALERT!!: This is an April Fools submission, meaning that I don't intend for this submission to be sent to publication. I only want to submit this run just for fun in the spirit of April Fools Day (4/1/2019).

Masterjun: I have scary memories of playing this back in the day. Very scary. Snes9x is also scary. The run isn't even optimized: highly scary! This submission is very scary. Too scary in fact. Rejecting for being too scary. D:

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Since no one else has done so, I went ahead and uploaded a (basic, SNES resolution) encode just so those interested in watching these April Fools' submissions can easily do so. That way my work in getting Snes9x 1.2 Re-recording and the actual patched ROM working isn't just for me. YouTube tells me it will go live (as an unlisted video) in about 40 minutes from this post. Link to video
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!