• Gens 9c
DAC disabled 3 button controller player 1, 6 button player 2 Perfect Synchro (don't ask, its there out of superstitious habit anymore)
  • Warp is used in the beginning of the game (via Toilet); makes level pass quicker and gives some powerful weaponry
  • takes damage to save time, no deaths
  • played on hardest difficulty
  • description (also description of movie): an unlikely hero is found in that of an earthworm who battles the evil Queen Slug-for-a-Butt in order to rescue Princess Whats-her-Name?
  • movie making was easy. played mostly on 10%.
i should note something right off: i grab either ALL or NONE of the blue spheres in "Andy's Asteroids". a few people said it would be more entertaining getting them all, but in some instances (2), i couldn't get them all and nifboy said ALL or NOTHING, so i went with that. yes, some time is wasted at a screen afterwards, but it at least makes the repetetive "Andy's Asteroids" somewhat worthwhile.
Also, i don't do much when waiting because it was deemed VERY irritating when i originally did this (Cheez also pointed out to just do nothing while waiting... and some of Jim's animations are quite funny anyhow, so who am i to deprive the star of the game? :))
i would also like to thank Cheez for showing me the shortcut in "What the Heck!?" and nifboy for his valuable input as i progressed.
i think people would like the result because this is a classic game with a lot of variety (seriously). and this one has an extra level the SNES version doesn't (Intestinal Distress). however, the SNES does have "Who Turned out the Lights?" which is missing from the genesis version. also, i personally find this version more fun than the SNES one.
anyhow, hopefully no desyncs for anyone, and i also hope you enjoy the movie.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #624: slash_star_dash's Genesis Earthworm Jim in 29:04.35
Player (36)
Some of the parts look like they can be done faster, (for instance, in your previous video you did the major in the 3rd time before you reached the Guck.) Parts of Heck look like they can be done slightly faster as well. And although it's much faster this time around, you can probably go faster through Down the Tubes. But overall it's a great run. Yes from me.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Former player
OmnipotentEntity wrote:
Some of the parts look like they can be done faster, (for instance, in your previous video you did the major in the 3rd time before you reached the Guck.)
This is not the WIP that has its own topic in the forums; this run is done on Hard, not Normal. I approve wholeheartedly.
I haven't seen the movie, but there's a level in which you have to scort a little dog to avoid it being hurt (in the same fashion as the old game sleepwalker). You can completely skip that level going forward without caring about the dog. I'll search for the rom when I return home to watch the movie.
No.
Former player
DrJones wrote:
You can completely skip that level going forward without caring about the dog.
No. No, you can't. He gets angry, chases after you at supersonic speeds, and chews you up as he drags you back to where he died.
nifboy wrote:
DrJones wrote:
You can completely skip that level going forward without caring about the dog.
No. No, you can't. He gets angry, chases after you at supersonic speeds, and chews you up as he drags you back to where he died.
When the level starts, if you run a lot to the right, Earthworm Jim escapes in its rocket before the dog has a chance of being hurt. And I'm sure it can be done, because I did. However, I may have played a game version for another console. I think it was the Genesis version, though.
No.
Former player
I just tried it out. No dice, chief, unless you can make a .gmv that does it.
Player (36)
No, because the thing that triggers the rocket is Pete being in the house.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
This game is so damn funny :D I laughed so hard the first time I played this game, especially when he rides the hamster xD Looking forward to an improved version!
I downloaded the Gens emulator just to watch this. I've only played the SNES version, so it was nice to see the intestine level. My friends and I could never get past the last bubble vehicle part, and you have 41 seconds left! However, you missed at least 2 rocket boosters in the tube levels, why is that? Also, finishing those levels on the right side seems to be faster, but you start finishing on the left part way through.
I love Crystal Mines.
Former player
umm, which tube part did u mean? the one's against psycrow or the actual DOWN THE TUBES or TUBE RACE ones? if its psycrow (as stated in where i start to exit) i think i was just messing around. either way, ill have to wait til i get home to look at it (missed rockets ill have to look into... i prolly couldn't reach them for the objective i was going for).
/*- wrote:
umm, which tube part did u mean? the one's against psycrow or the actual DOWN THE TUBES or TUBE RACE ones? if its psycrow (as stated in where i start to exit) i think i was just messing around. either way, ill have to wait til i get home to look at it (missed rockets ill have to look into... i prolly couldn't reach them for the objective i was going for).
Yeah, against psycrow, it's been a while since I played this so I don't remember the names. I think it's the first one in the third race and the second one in the fourth. I agree with getting all or none of the bubbles if that's what the problem is though.
I love Crystal Mines.
I liked the run a lot. The level where you had to lead the dog to his home was insane. What is the music for the hellish level? I know I've heard it somewhere before.
Former player
eh... i dunno... i know i've heard it before as well... i remember moonlight sonata is in EWJ2 (though this doesn't remind me of anything classical immediately)... Zophar's has the soundtracks in SPC (SNES format) i know for sure... sorry though, i have no idea the song.
Kholdstare wrote:
I liked the run a lot. The level where you had to lead the dog to his home was insane. What is the music for the hellish level? I know I've heard it somewhere before.
Ride of the Valkyries? And yeah, the dog level was the most impressive part, I was quite amazed that such a hard level was so long too.
I love Crystal Mines.
Player (36)
No, Hall of the Mountain King.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [397] Genesis Earthworm Jim by slash_star_dash in 29:04.35
Does the AVI-file really work?
Player (36)
Glad to see this finally got published. ^_^
When I take save as AVI it saves as mkv. Why?
Active player (432)
Probably a slight error by whoever encoded the file.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
No, they are MKV movie files. If your player can't play them, look here: http://tasvideos.org/CodecProblems.html Nice to see this published, BTW. Earthworm Jim is a fun, funny... and often frustrating platformer.
-Chis | www.chis.nildram.co.uk/chis
Active player (432)
supermegavkoy wrote:
When I take save as AVI it saves as mkv. Why?
See the word AVI chis? Thats the file type he asked about, not MKV. The link to the movie is written: Download AVI file, not Download MKV file.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
Currently the page is automatically generated to say "Download AVI". It is not possible to change it through the edit page function. The ones which do say "Download MKV", Bisqwit has manually changed.
Alright, AngerFist. Fair enough. I was rushing to be helpful and gave the correct reply to the wrong question. I'm sorry. Happy now? Perhaps Bisqwit should have a "videotype" string to the site's database which will dynamically create the necessary text if "videotype" for a game movie is AVI ("Download AVI file via BitTorrent") or MKV ("Download MKV file via BitTorrent") etc.
-Chis | www.chis.nildram.co.uk/chis