Submission Text Full Submission Page
Here I beat super mario land through the most unusual ways possible known in TASscene, I use ACE by means of precise frame inputs to corrupt and execute data in RAM and skip immediately to the end, or better yet, directly to the game title screen. Fuck the mushroom kingdom, Daisy and the cake. Everything is a lie.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: lsnes (this is a custom linux build but will most likely sync on the lastest lsnes version for download).
  • Aims for fastest completion through arbitrary code execution.
  • Break the laws of the universe and existence.
  • Daisy is a thot(Bowsette is better ;) ).
  • Make Mario realize he is just a Brooklyn plumber and that everything that happened until now was nothing but an acid trip.

Comments

TOO COMPLICATED and SCIENTIFIC AUGHH!
To put it simply, excluding all the quantum physics math, theorems and laws, I use from the very beginning my frame inputs to manipulate the data which is written on the RAM, no input is wasted. The game normally executes code in the RAM starting at position 0xffb6, this is called everytime by the vblank interrupt routine, here I inject code on that region to jump directly to the function which triggers the end game-

WAIT! WHERE THE FUCK IS THE END CUTSCENE.

Well, the "end game" function actually checks for the value of address 0xc101, and this determines whether the cutscene will be played or not. However that address is unreachable so the "end game" cutscene is skipped.

Other comments

PS: Subscribe to my channel and follow me on twitter.
Everything was my original research.

Masterjun: Thanks to my superhuman ability to see through shenangians, granted to me by countless decades of judging submissions, I have found that this run merely presses A+B+Start+Select, resetting the game.
Rejected.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Doomsday31415
He/Him
Active player (292)
Not sure if doing ACE or just moving randomly for fun and then hitting reset...
Editor, Player (44)
If you're hooking the vblank routine to jump to the game-complete routine, why doesn't that happen every frame from then on?
Editor, Player (67)
Nice find. Yes vote.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
canavar147
He/Him
There is a faster shortcut: During game press a + b + start + select and you're done (:
lol ok yes
filpAM
He/Him
Banned User
Doomsday31415 wrote:
Not sure if doing ACE or just moving randomly for fun and then hitting reset...
At no moment I hit the reset button Everything from the beginning to the end is legit ACE
Dacicus wrote:
Nice find. Yes vote.
<3
"ais523 wrote:
If you're hooking the vblank routine to jump to the game-complete routine, why doesn't that happen every frame from then on?
WHOTHEHECKQUESTIONTHEMASTER?
canavar147 wrote:
There is a faster shortcut: During game press a + b + start + select and you're done (:
That is a banned strat
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3964)
So there’s no way to trigger the credits with this at all? If you’re going for a game end glitch then that’s probably what you have to activate. No vote regardless.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... want more!